Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This bit in the EADT article surprised me 12:55 - Aug 5 with 3195 viewsKeno

“ Lambert, understood to take inspiration from Manchester City and advice from his contacts in Germany, rotated his squad for much of last season in an attempt to manage the potential workload of ‘60 games’”

Does lamburke have contacts on Germany?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 3160 viewsBlueBadger

Doesn't Lambert have a much quoted anecdote on which his German mentors(who he doesn't like to talk about) basically kept telling him to stop rotating his teams and systems?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:05 - Aug 5 with 3123 viewsKeno

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 12:57 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Doesn't Lambert have a much quoted anecdote on which his German mentors(who he doesn't like to talk about) basically kept telling him to stop rotating his teams and systems?

Maybe he thinks Lambert Raus means Lambert rotate?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:07 - Aug 5 with 3113 viewsJ2BLUE

Hang on...Lambert took inspiration from City? The same City who have a squad of superstars where rotating makes little difference?

Bloody hell.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 13:12]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:07 - Aug 5 with 3101 viewshomer_123

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:07 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Hang on...Lambert took inspiration from City? The same City who have a squad of superstars where rotating makes little difference?

Bloody hell.

Exactly what I was about to post.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 3076 viewsBlueBadger

Bloody hell.

I wonder if Norwood could end up in Scotland.... by BlueBadger 30 Jul 2020 10:36
If there's one thing we've learned about Lambert in the past almost two years its that his 'ideas' rarely extend beyond 'buy them a pint if we've just lost' and 'copy this tactic which works very very well for sides full of internationals and highly gifted players and try to get Toto Nsiala and Gwion Edwards to replicate them'.

The other thing that's astonishing about this is that Guardiola sides have historically been almost robotically drilled into one set system and style of play which means that players can drop in and out pretty much seamlessly.

Lambert on the other hand, rolls a dice, throws a dart at a poster and draws names out of a hat when choosing style, formation and line-up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:10 - Aug 5 with 3069 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think he did a bit of work with Roger Schmidt at Leverkusen prior to his Blackburn days. IIRC within the article it specifically talked of Schmidt outline you cannot be consistently rotating personal and positions as it causes too much confusion and not enough cohesion for players.

I have to say, that really made me chuckle.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 2995 viewsLankHenners

Bloody hell.

This is the same man who watched Sheffield United one week and decided to just try and copy them which essentially ended up being Woolfenden getting forward more.

My most charitable position on Lambert is that he panicked and lost faith in himself during last season when rotation saw us start to come undone against teams that were growing stronger as a unit and rather than take stock he went into overdrive of chucking things at the wall to desperately find something that would stick.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 2983 viewsSwansea_Blue

You're being a bit unfair. There are obvious similarities between us and Man City. We both have players for a start. We both partake in football matches, whilst wearing football kit, etc. Need I go on?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:28 - Aug 5 with 2943 viewsArnieM

Given your last line , it appears Lambert doesn’t ( and won’t), learn then !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 2927 viewsBlueBadger

He's spent the last decade learning from his mistakes and I'm confident he can repeat them(hat-tip to the late Peter Cook for this one).

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 2929 viewsjaykay

one of his biggest mistakes was thinking we were akin to city by getting games postponed due international call ups to our fringe players.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:34 - Aug 5 with 2908 viewsChrisd

Bloody hell.

PL a bit of a heads up heading into next season, we aren't quite the same ilk as Man City, just in case you haven't noticed!!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 2846 viewsdominiciawful

It's almost as if he's a rather shít football manager who thinks he's better than he is.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 2844 viewsKeno

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:34 - Aug 5 by Chrisd

PL a bit of a heads up heading into next season, we aren't quite the same ilk as Man City, just in case you haven't noticed!!

We both play in blue so it’s an easy mistake to make

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 14:00 - Aug 5 with 2804 viewsBlueBadger

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:55 - Aug 5 by dominiciawful

It's almost as if he's a rather shít football manager who thinks he's better than he is.

The thing that gets me is that people are somehow still falling for it. It's Dollers that disappoints me, given his profession, he MUST know that a lot of it is just hollow marketing/PR talk but he still goes for it.

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 14:33 - Aug 5 with 2734 viewsIllinoisblue

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 13:55 - Aug 5 by dominiciawful

You have to admire him giving it the Bertie big bollox considering it’s been a decade since he was a good manager.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 14:39 - Aug 5 with 2698 viewsBlueBadger

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 14:33 - Aug 5 by Illinoisblue

You have to admire him giving it the Bertie big bollox considering it’s been a decade since he was a good manager.

And he's just gotten two sides on the trot limply relegated.

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 2560 viewsPhilTWTD

Bloody hell.

He spoke about this during the season:

Lambert: Hard Work is What Will End Downturn 10th Jan 2020 13:30
Boss Paul Lambert says it will be hard work not systems that will get the Blues out of their current run of bad form and again defended his rotation policy. 9

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:32 - Aug 5 with 2548 viewsJ2BLUE

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:30 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

Boss Paul Lambert says it will be hard work not systems that will get the Blues out of their current run of bad form and again defended his rotation policy. 9

Did you all shift uncomfortably in your seats and refuse to make eye contact?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:32 - Aug 5 with 2547 viewsMullet

It's enough to make you spit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 17:09 - Aug 5 with 2484 viewsBlueBadger

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:32 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

Did you all shift uncomfortably in your seats and refuse to make eye contact?

The many faces of Phil, whilst typing up Lambert's pressers or interviews.

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 21:22 - Aug 5 with 2298 viewsEireannach_gorm

This bit in the EADT article surprised me on 16:30 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

I wear my two down votes with pride.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024