Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winning things without fans really does ruin the moment.. 14:03 - Aug 5 with 393 viewsTieDyedIn95

I know thats obvious but having seen Liverpool and Leeds celebrate in empty grounds, a couple of empty Playoff finals and FA Cup, part of me is glad we didn't get promoted this year because it's just not the same. Imagine if we won at Wembley with no one there this season. It wouldn't be the same for me. I know, I know, we need to get out of this crud division, the finances are ruined from staying down and what not but from a purely emotional point of view if Ipswich is to win anything again I want to be there and want it to be rammed with thousands of Town fans going nuts and celebrating the moment.

So maybe this season was a blessing in disguise? As Town fans we've had nothing to cheer for 20 years so maybe we will get our moment again when we can all enjoy it to balance out the misery? Again just talking from an emotional point of view rather than a realistic one.

We didn't even get to see any Norwich fans crying after relegation this season, which at this point is almost a bi-annual event for us as they yoyo up and down the leagues on their relegation handouts.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024