Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D 15:09 - Aug 5 with 1891 viewsBrixtonBlue

This blew my mind the other day. The amount of popular songs directly lifted from Pachelbel's Canon in D. Amazing when you hear them one after the other, and this is only a short list.

First, the original (written some time between 1680 and 1706);

And now the shameless copies;

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 15:14 - Aug 5 with 1870 viewsuefacup81

And then there's this:

And the shameless copy of the shameless copy:

Seemingly Puhdys had form for this sort of thing:

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 15:16]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 16:15 - Aug 5 with 1785 viewsBrixtonBlue

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 15:14 - Aug 5 by uefacup81

And then there's this:

Indeed. The more you scratch the surface the more you find. There's a spotify playlist of them... which includes nearly 70 tracks!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 17:39 - Aug 5 with 1747 viewsEwan_Oozami

Pachobel basically invented the fundamental 4 chords of songwriting..culminating in Axis of Awesome's song..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 21:12 - Aug 5 with 1716 viewswkj

Be warned, this rabbit hole goes much much deeper...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 09:28 - Aug 6 with 1629 viewsKeno

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 15:14 - Aug 5 by uefacup81

And then there's this:

there is a clip I cant find of billy Connolly talking to some blues musicians in the US about the relationship between Irish folk music, negro spirituals and blues in which he take an Irish tune and as he is playing it transposes it directly into a blues song

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 12:06 - Aug 6 with 1587 viewsEwan_Oozami

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 09:28 - Aug 6 by Keno

there is a clip I cant find of billy Connolly talking to some blues musicians in the US about the relationship between Irish folk music, negro spirituals and blues in which he take an Irish tune and as he is playing it transposes it directly into a blues song

And of course that well known link between the Dr Who theme and Jacques Brel...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 12:18 - Aug 6 with 1562 viewsSwansea_Blue

Going on Keno's interesting facts thread - Pachelbel's Canon in D on 17:39 - Aug 5 by Ewan_Oozami

Pachobel basically invented the fundamental 4 chords of songwriting..culminating in Axis of Awesome's song..

I was aware of that, it's excellent

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024