Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... 15:58 - Aug 5 with 8206 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 16:04 - Aug 5 with 4545 viewshomer_123

To be fair, both of those groups are utterly clueless.

Yes, yes - I know I include myself in this.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 16:08 - Aug 5 with 4520 viewsSwansea_Blue

This government isn't a cult, honest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 16:09 - Aug 5 with 4509 viewsBlueBadger

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 16:08 - Aug 5 by Swansea_Blue

This government isn't a cult, honest.

It's fair to say that they're a collection of cults...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 17:39 - Aug 5 with 4422 viewsNthQldITFC

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 16:09 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

It's fair to say that they're a collection of cults...

A bunch, perchance?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 17:41 - Aug 5 with 4416 viewsEwan_Oozami

A perfect example of "Not me Gov"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 4404 viewsHerbivore

Tories gonna Tory.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:06 - Aug 5 with 4363 viewsbluelagos

Quite a few on here vocal in labelling those on holiday etc. as irresponsible and/or selfish. I prefer to take the line that they are holidaying within the guidelines and that if they are responsible for spreading CV - those who allow them / make the rules are the people we should blame.

And of course the media focusing on those (inevitable) break downs of social distancing etc. never report on people playing by the rules, as it's not newsworthy.

Focus should be on the policy makers, for me.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:10 - Aug 5 with 4351 viewsMullet

Nice to see Tory voters overwhelmingly blaming themselves there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:14 - Aug 5 with 4333 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:06 - Aug 5 by bluelagos

Quite a few on here vocal in labelling those on holiday etc. as irresponsible and/or selfish. I prefer to take the line that they are holidaying within the guidelines and that if they are responsible for spreading CV - those who allow them / make the rules are the people we should blame.

And of course the media focusing on those (inevitable) break downs of social distancing etc. never report on people playing by the rules, as it's not newsworthy.

Focus should be on the policy makers, for me.

I think it's not necessarily an either/or though. Overall I blame the government for poor and confused messaging and conflicting advice, often even undermining their own advice through their behaviour. That said when you know the government is absolutely abject you shouldn't hide behind following their (very confused) guidance and should exercise some personal responsibility.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:20 - Aug 5 with 4316 viewsbluelagos

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:14 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

I think it's not necessarily an either/or though. Overall I blame the government for poor and confused messaging and conflicting advice, often even undermining their own advice through their behaviour. That said when you know the government is absolutely abject you shouldn't hide behind following their (very confused) guidance and should exercise some personal responsibility.

Fair comment. But people who are following the guidelines were being criticised by some. I just think in that scenario it should be those who write the guidelines that should be subject to any criticism that is dished out.

Of course their will be other (rule breaking) numpties who are well due criticism too. No argument from me there.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:23 - Aug 5 with 4302 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:14 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

There has been so much irresponsible behaviour by an element of society it's hardly surprising when views get tainted.

Like you, I consider there to have been a share of responsibility all round. We know there are people who refuse to wear masks for example, refuse to observe distancing, been holding parties, bbqs. They're not imaginary.

Multiple reports of selfish behaviour including mass littering despite all the noise about 'saving' the planet shown in the images we've seen and reinforced by dozens of other reports around the country at so-called beauty spots.

Then there's the other lot, the voters who won't acknowledge what's in front of them regardless of all evidence.

I mentioned to someone I know a couple of days ago at the farcical way the Covid crisis has been handled by our government.

His reply; "In your opinion."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:30 - Aug 5 with 4281 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a snapshot of a country that for some reason hates itself.

Which would certainly explain the government it elected.

Pronouns: He/Him

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:38 - Aug 5 with 4246 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:23 - Aug 5 by jeera

There has been so much irresponsible behaviour by an element of society it's hardly surprising when views get tainted.

Like you, I consider there to have been a share of responsibility all round. We know there are people who refuse to wear masks for example, refuse to observe distancing, been holding parties, bbqs. They're not imaginary.

Multiple reports of selfish behaviour including mass littering despite all the noise about 'saving' the planet shown in the images we've seen and reinforced by dozens of other reports around the country at so-called beauty spots.

Then there's the other lot, the voters who won't acknowledge what's in front of them regardless of all evidence.

I mentioned to someone I know a couple of days ago at the farcical way the Covid crisis has been handled by our government.

Did he even offer and try to defend an alternative opinion?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:40 - Aug 5 with 4237 viewsEwan_Oozami

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:23 - Aug 5 by jeera

Was his name Lebowski by any chance?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:44 - Aug 5 with 4219 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:38 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Did he even offer and try to defend an alternative opinion?

Herbs, it's the mirror of a conversation I've had so many times I can barely muster the energy some days anymore.

You know when you get someone who repeats all sorts of things they've picked up over the years and adds on the end of their sentences, conclusions like, "and that's a fact", as though there's nothing there to be questioned no matter how ridiculous the claims...?

He's one of those, and he owns the pub.

Edit; that doesn't answer your question. No, he didn't. The place was busy and he was a bit bowled over by it all; as in the Eat Out scheme was clearly aiding him so in his mind that's what's going on, that's what counts right now.

That's understandable in a way but tunnel vision and doesn't address any wider aspects.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 18:58]

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:46 - Aug 5 with 4215 viewsDarth_Koont

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:40 - Aug 5 by Ewan_Oozami

Was his name Lebowski by any chance?

You're out of your element, Donnie.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:46 - Aug 5 with 4219 viewsGuthrum

Silly and irrelevant question, too. They're asking who is to blame for a situation which has not occurred yet, the circumstances of which cannot be known until - and if - it does.

It's like asking who is at fault if there was a road traffic accident next Thursday.

Plus this is an infectious disease we're dealing with, a virus which can naturally mutate. Neither Government policy nor public behaviour are necessarily effective (certainly not completely so) in preventing its recurrance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:47 - Aug 5 with 4206 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:47 - Aug 5 with 4207 viewsDarth_Koont

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:46 - Aug 5 by Guthrum

Silly and irrelevant question, too. They're asking who is to blame for a situation which has not occurred yet, the circumstances of which cannot be known until - and if - it does.

It's like asking who is at fault if there was a road traffic accident next Thursday.

Plus this is an infectious disease we're dealing with, a virus which can naturally mutate. Neither Government policy nor public behaviour are necessarily effective (certainly not completely so) in preventing its recurrance.

Good point. It's a silly and somewhat leading question given the government clearly has no control over the virus.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:49 - Aug 5 with 4199 viewsgazzer1999

Might I kindly ask what you would do if there is a second wave?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:49 - Aug 5 with 4194 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:46 - Aug 5 by Guthrum

"It's like asking who is at fault if there was a road traffic accident next Thursday."

I can say in advance it won't be my fault.

I am an excellent driver.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:54 - Aug 5 with 4157 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:49 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

If the first had been handled properly there might be no threat of a second.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:57 - Aug 5 with 4144 viewsBlueBadger

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:49 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

'The things that we should have been doing in the first place' would be a f*cking good start.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:00 - Aug 5 with 4131 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:54 - Aug 5 by jeera

If the first had been handled properly there might be no threat of a second.

I guess the rest of the world got it wrong as well then as they all seem to be having a second wave already, including Germany, who would have guessed that.
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:02 - Aug 5 with 4123 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 18:57 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

'The things that we should have been doing in the first place' would be a f*cking good start.

Do enlighten me what that was, as all I have heard is experts saying different things. I will kindly take your comments and advice at face value, providing you don't insert any s*ear words.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024