Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... 15:58 - Aug 5 with 8225 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:03 - Aug 5 with 2727 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:00 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

I guess the rest of the world got it wrong as well then as they all seem to be having a second wave already, including Germany, who would have guessed that.

You seem to have missed the part where we had a head start.

But this has been covered a thousand times so if you hadn't noticed by now, then what's the point?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:06 - Aug 5 with 2721 viewsDarth_Koont

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:03 - Aug 5 by jeera

But this has been covered a thousand times so if you hadn't noticed by now, then what's the point?

Harsh. The government has clearly taken exactly the right steps at exactly the right time. And always been 100% clear in their communication.

The problem in the UK is immigrants and lefties.

Pronouns: He/Him

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:08 - Aug 5 with 2721 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:03 - Aug 5 by jeera

You mean like Mexico and India and had a head start on the UK?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:16 - Aug 5 with 2697 viewsDarth_Koont

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:08 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Weak.

Admittedly they're also run by populist assholes but we're a supposedly first-world European nation.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:26 - Aug 5 with 2667 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:08 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

You have got to be joking.

The forum has been around the globe on this subject many times and you want to go through it all over again one by one.

It would be far easier if you spelled out exactly what you believe 'we' have done right that has been so ground breaking.

Or even competent and within the best time frame.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 19:39]

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 2668 viewsPinewoodblue

The overall result of the pole seems about right. What is telling is the marked difference between Labour and Conservative voters, nobody seems to ask Nationalists of LibDema anything these days so perhaps their views don't matter.

We are heading the same way as the US everything is polarised no middle ground.

I know it is difficult for some to accept but it really isn't surprising that given the choices available at the General Election that Boris secured a large majority. That election was lost for one reason, there wasn't a credible alternative, same reason Trump got elected.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 2653 viewsBlueBadger

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:02 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Do enlighten me what that was, as all I have heard is experts saying different things. I will kindly take your comments and advice at face value, providing you don't insert any s*ear words.

Early lockdown, proper PPE, proper testing and tracking, government not changing rules because unelected officials were caught breaking them...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:36 - Aug 5 with 2646 viewsBlueBadger

Christ, no wonder you think Lambert should keep his job. You believe any kind of shallow PR-obsesed t0sser when they tell you they're doing a good job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:01 - Aug 5 with 2591 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:36 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Christ, no wonder you think Lambert should keep his job. You believe any kind of shallow PR-obsesed t0sser when they tell you they're doing a good job.

Are you doing a good job?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:05 - Aug 5 with 2578 viewsDarth_Koont

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:01 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

I don't care what they say about you, Gazza, but that was a good one.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:07 - Aug 5 with 2570 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:26 - Aug 5 by jeera

You have got to be joking.

The forum has been around the globe on this subject many times and you want to go through it all over again one by one.

It would be far easier if you spelled out exactly what you believe 'we' have done right that has been so ground breaking.

Or even competent and within the best time frame.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 19:39]

Sorry, I am only on this forum now and again, I forgot there was so many self righteous know all's on here that should be directing government policy around the world. Now if only our football team was as good as the posters.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 21:10]
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:10 - Aug 5 with 2560 viewswkj

It is an interesting poll in all honesty, seems as by definition the government of a democracy are public representatives.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:59 - Aug 5 with 2522 viewsm14_blue

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:07 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Sorry, I am only on this forum now and again, I forgot there was so many self righteous know all's on here that should be directing government policy around the world. Now if only our football team was as good as the posters.

You seem to have ignored BB’s actual answer to your question though.

Do you disagree with anything in his list?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:02 - Aug 5 with 2517 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:07 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

You could just answer normally.

You're on here enough to know the conversations that have taken place over the past few months. You've commented on several of them. You know, the Covid thing that's dominated absolutely everything. The one you're commenting on now, or were before you went down the usual route of being difficult.

Some of them have been several pages long and sat on the front page for weeks at a time so there's no chance you've missed them all.

So grow up and interact respectfully if you'd like the same in return.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:06 - Aug 5 with 2514 viewsBlueBadger

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 21:01 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Ah, I wondered when the ticket inspector on the whatabout express would turn up.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:08 - Aug 5 with 2507 viewsjeera

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:06 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Ah, I wondered when the ticket inspector on the whatabout express would turn up.

It's pointless isn't it?

I'm off. Have fun trying if you bother.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:09 - Aug 5 with 2510 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:02 - Aug 5 by jeera

You could just answer normally.

You're on here enough to know the conversations that have taken place over the past few months. You've commented on several of them. You know, the Covid thing that's dominated absolutely everything. The one you're commenting on now, or were before you went down the usual route of being difficult.

Some of them have been several pages long and sat on the front page for weeks at a time so there's no chance you've missed them all.

So grow up and interact respectfully if you'd like the same in return.

Could you answer me why we are still seeing so many people dying in this country from covid and other countries seem to have only small increases? I am no expert unlike the rest of you, are we still having PPE issues, should we lock down again etc?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:32 - Aug 5 with 2481 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 19:00 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

I guess the rest of the world got it wrong as well then as they all seem to be having a second wave already, including Germany, who would have guessed that.

Just had a look on the WHO website, Gazzer, and per 100k of the population we had more new cases than Germany in the last 24 hours. So I guess if they are genuinely having a second wave we're already there too, if indeed we ever got out of our first wave.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:35 - Aug 5 with 2471 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:32 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Just had a look on the WHO website, Gazzer, and per 100k of the population we had more new cases than Germany in the last 24 hours. So I guess if they are genuinely having a second wave we're already there too, if indeed we ever got out of our first wave.

Fancy googling my last question then?
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:37 - Aug 5 with 2468 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:35 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Fancy googling my last question then?

Eh?

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 2453 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:37 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Eh?

This from my previous question
Could you answer me why we are still seeing so many people dying in this country from covid and other countries seem to have only small increases? I am no expert unlike the rest of you, are we still having PPE issues, should we lock down again etc?

I am sure there are some good people on here with the answer, as I can't find one myself and am actually quite concerned about what the reason is.
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 23:00 - Aug 5 with 2432 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:46 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

This from my previous question

I am sure there are some good people on here with the answer, as I can't find one myself and am actually quite concerned about what the reason is.

We locked down too late, then eased lockdown too soon, and the government has been happy to undermine its own guidance to save its buddies, which means public health messaging isn't being as well followed as it could be. Our number of daily cases and deaths didn't get as low as in other European countries before easing lockdown. Covid was and is still more in circulation here than it could have been.

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 23:57 - Aug 5 with 2399 viewsgazzer1999

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 23:00 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

We locked down too late, then eased lockdown too soon, and the government has been happy to undermine its own guidance to save its buddies, which means public health messaging isn't being as well followed as it could be. Our number of daily cases and deaths didn't get as low as in other European countries before easing lockdown. Covid was and is still more in circulation here than it could have been.

Thank you for your take on that, I'm not sure it fully answered the question really. I think it may have been relevant maybe 3 months ago but we can't really blame too late to lock down 5 months later.
My main concern is we had 77 serious cases today Germany had 270, we had 65 deaths, Germany had 13. Why the disparity? are they doing much different to us or vice versa. How are they keeping the death rate down? it's a big worry for me, as the way things are going we may all catch this however well we try to shield from it, I just want to know that I have a good chance of surviving it.
I am not interested in silly cheap shots about people in public office breaking the rules, as it would not get me to think it's ok for him/her so ok for me and it would not influence my thinking at all, something I guess we all think the same about if the truth be known.
I have followed the rules and will continue to do so and have fully understood what the advice has been, but I am still concerned with the current mortality rate.
Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 00:29 - Aug 6 with 2379 viewsBlueBadger

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 22:09 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

He's answered twice now. IT'S. BECAUSE. WE. NEVER. MANAGED. IT. PROPERLY. IN. THE. FIRST. PLACE.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 08:33 - Aug 6 with 2315 viewsHerbivore

Operation 'Blame the Public' has been a success then...... on 23:57 - Aug 5 by gazzer1999

Thank you for your take on that, I'm not sure it fully answered the question really. I think it may have been relevant maybe 3 months ago but we can't really blame too late to lock down 5 months later.
My main concern is we had 77 serious cases today Germany had 270, we had 65 deaths, Germany had 13. Why the disparity? are they doing much different to us or vice versa. How are they keeping the death rate down? it's a big worry for me, as the way things are going we may all catch this however well we try to shield from it, I just want to know that I have a good chance of surviving it.
I am not interested in silly cheap shots about people in public office breaking the rules, as it would not get me to think it's ok for him/her so ok for me and it would not influence my thinking at all, something I guess we all think the same about if the truth be known.
I have followed the rules and will continue to do so and have fully understood what the advice has been, but I am still concerned with the current mortality rate.

It fully answered the question, you just don't want to hear the answer because it's 'your team' that have to carry the can. I would add in that our comparatively high death rate may also be partly down to us letting Covid run riot through care homes, where those most likely to not survive the virus are congregated. We've had a lot of cases in that vulnerable sector of the population as a result. I am not sure what the situation was in Germany in that respect but given they've handled the whole thing more competently than us I'd imagine they didn't just let Covid into care homes with no testing or PPE to at least give people a chance.

Where are your figures on cases from? According to the WHO we had 670 new cases in the last day versus 741 in Germany, though factoring in the difference in population our rate of new cases remains higher per 100k of the population.

Also, you're doing the classic Tory thing of trying to extrapolate from your own narrow experience to universal truth. Actually lots of people feel like they shouldn't have to follow the advice when senior government officials don't. There was a study on it the other day. If the government doesn't treat its rules as important, others won't either. And likewise, just because you think the advice is clear (I don't think you actually believe that either to be honest) it doesn't mean that it is. Have a look at some of 'the week in Tory' posts on Twitter, one was linked to yesterday. Their guidance has been all over the shop a lot of the time.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 9:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024