Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest MP downgrade 20:19 - Aug 5 with 4032 viewstractordownsouth

Saw a nerdy but interesting twitter thread about which good constituency MPs have been replaced by vastly inferior people

Popular suggestions included Charles Kennedy to Ian Blackford, Oona King to George Galloway, Nick Clegg to Jared O’Mara and whoever the last Delyn MP was to Rob Roberts (if you haven’t seen his list of scandals in his first 7 months, look it up)

Won’t be popular on here but my vote goes to Ed Balls to Andrea Jenkyns... she just seems remarkably dim and someone who cheerleads for Brexit despite seemingly being unaware of the consequences

Anyone got any contributions?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 20:20]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:31 - Aug 5 with 3976 viewsfactual_blue

Everybody on the government benches.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:44 - Aug 5 with 3946 viewsGlasgowBlue

Henley: Heseltine to Johnson

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:48 - Aug 5 with 3935 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:44 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

Good shout

A couple more I forgot are Ruth Smeeth to Jonathan Gullis and of course Sandy Martin to Tom Hunt

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:49 - Aug 5 with 3931 viewsDarth_Koont

Our current class of political commentator is even worse than our politicians.

There's a connection.

Pronouns: He/Him

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:11 - Aug 5 with 3880 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:44 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

I'd also count Dominic Grieve to Joy Morrisey as a Tory to Tory downgrade

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:13 - Aug 5 with 3870 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:49 - Aug 5 by Darth_Koont

Our current class of political commentator is even worse than our politicians.

There's a connection.

Anyone seems to get a gig as a 'commentator' by saying something stupid on twitter these days. Katie Hopkins being the worst example, Darren Grimes being another.

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 3859 viewsTieDyedIn95

It has happened all over.

In my area we lost a very respected an excellent MP in Alan Haselhurst (very balanced and fair guy) now a Lord and he was replaced by Kemi Badenoch who lives in Wimbledon, who has been totally anonymous since she was parachuted in for the 2017 election. Think of a Poundland Priti Patel and thats what we have now. People write to her, she never responds, she is late to any public engagement, doesn't bother door knocking at elections but the Tories win here regardless so she doesn't even have to try and be good.

She makes Tom Hunt look good just by the virtue that he actually exists in Ipswich to some degree even if he is the son of a Cambridgeshire millionaire given the post.

What a shambles the Tories are.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:20 - Aug 5 with 3854 viewsDarth_Koont

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:13 - Aug 5 by tractordownsouth

Anyone seems to get a gig as a 'commentator' by saying something stupid on twitter these days. Katie Hopkins being the worst example, Darren Grimes being another.

Indeed. And it seems our so-called commentators and journalists have taken note over the years how easy it is to make a name and a career for yourself by being horrifically shallow and opinionated for a specific market.

Who do you trust nowadays? I have to check everything against multiple sources because I just don't trust people's principles when they always seem far too close to the money.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:50 - Aug 5 with 3794 viewsClapham_Junction

Biggest MP downgrade on 20:48 - Aug 5 by tractordownsouth

Good shout

A couple more I forgot are Ruth Smeeth to Jonathan Gullis and of course Sandy Martin to Tom Hunt

Was going to suggest Sandy's loss. A highly intelligent and compassionate man who's given many years of service to the local community replaced by a populist turd whose happy to pander to the fúckwits who voted this shower of sh1te into power.

I've always thought it must be awful to be from somewhere like Mansfield and have an MP like Ben Bradley representing you. It's embarrassing for the town.

Really don't understand the Blackford nomination. Just seems to be a little Englander dislike for anything linked to Scottish nationalism.
Biggest MP downgrade on 22:05 - Aug 5 with 3758 viewsOldsmoker

The constituency of Tatton has had its fair share of bad/good MPs.
Neil Hamilton - He of cash for questions fame
Martin Bell - White suit, all round good guy and saint.
George Osborne - Austerity chancellor
Esther McVey - Where do you start with this c*ckwomble.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Biggest MP downgrade on 22:36 - Aug 5 with 3722 viewsPlums

We’ve gone from a seemingly very sensible Labour GP in Nick Palmer to:
Anna Soubry (everyone has an opinion on her so i needs say no more) to:
Darren Henry, serial failure as a PPC In various constituencies who is now a vassal Tory mouthpiece for the Boris fan club.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Biggest MP downgrade on 22:43 - Aug 5 with 3704 viewsNthQldITFC

West Suffolk:
Dick Spring (although it could have been anyone)
to
Matt Hand2cock

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Biggest MP downgrade on 23:27 - Aug 5 with 3661 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 21:50 - Aug 5 by Clapham_Junction

Was going to suggest Sandy's loss. A highly intelligent and compassionate man who's given many years of service to the local community replaced by a populist turd whose happy to pander to the fúckwits who voted this shower of sh1te into power.

I've always thought it must be awful to be from somewhere like Mansfield and have an MP like Ben Bradley representing you. It's embarrassing for the town.

Really don't understand the Blackford nomination. Just seems to be a little Englander dislike for anything linked to Scottish nationalism.

Bradley spent the aftermath of George Floyd's death saying that white privilege didn't exist because black kids in Hampshire have it better than white kids in Mansfield. Of course economic disadvantage is a huge issue but to effectively rubbish the conversation about racial disadvantage in such a sensitive moment was ridiculously crass and stupid. And that's before we get into his views on vasectomies for the unemployed .

I don't dislike Blackford myself, I think the nomination was due to Charles Kennedy's reputation as a well liked politician from all sides.

Also RE Hunt, I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive him for a while for his contribution to the BBC debate in parliament. Quoting from a Guido article, he used a documentary where Labour-voting nurses had complained of a lack of PPE during the pandemic, as an example of bias. Imagine standing up in pariament and belittling the concerns of health workers risking their lives in inadequate conditions during a pandemic, just because they didn't vote for you. What a twunt.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 23:31]

Biggest MP downgrade on 23:42 - Aug 5 with 3635 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 22:36 - Aug 5 by Plums

We’ve gone from a seemingly very sensible Labour GP in Nick Palmer to:
Anna Soubry (everyone has an opinion on her so i needs say no more) to:
Darren Henry, serial failure as a PPC In various constituencies who is now a vassal Tory mouthpiece for the Boris fan club.

I'd argue that Soubry to Henry is a pretty big downgrade in itself. I disagreed with her on austerity and the failure to hold a by election after joining Change UK but at least she had the courage to stand up for herself rather than being a mouthpiece for the leadership. Massive respect to her for the way she put up with all the abuse she received from far right thugs as a result.

Took a dislike to Henry for his maiden speech where he did the whole 'some Labour MPs think all immigrants should vote Labour' routine which inevitably got him plaudits from a lot of right wingers, despite it being performative guff and untrue.

His comments on foodbanks are pretty awful - he was also caught liking a facebook post suggesting Johnson should ban journalists from Covid briefings because they ask difficult questions, which seemed very Trumpian.

Biggest MP downgrade on 08:14 - Aug 6 with 3505 viewsWeWereZombies

Biggest MP downgrade on 23:27 - Aug 5 by tractordownsouth

Bradley spent the aftermath of George Floyd's death saying that white privilege didn't exist because black kids in Hampshire have it better than white kids in Mansfield. Of course economic disadvantage is a huge issue but to effectively rubbish the conversation about racial disadvantage in such a sensitive moment was ridiculously crass and stupid. And that's before we get into his views on vasectomies for the unemployed .

I don't dislike Blackford myself, I think the nomination was due to Charles Kennedy's reputation as a well liked politician from all sides.

Also RE Hunt, I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive him for a while for his contribution to the BBC debate in parliament. Quoting from a Guido article, he used a documentary where Labour-voting nurses had complained of a lack of PPE during the pandemic, as an example of bias. Imagine standing up in pariament and belittling the concerns of health workers risking their lives in inadequate conditions during a pandemic, just because they didn't vote for you. What a twunt.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 23:31]

As one of Ian Blackford's constituents I can give some background to his taking a while to fill the very large void that Charles Kennedy left. I know people who worked with Kennedy and they are always grateful for his commitment to the locality, there for meetings and approachable but towards the end the drink was becoming very telling, people who you would have thought would give him a little leeway had become exasperated. When Blackford was elected we got someone who was difficult to contact and the suspicion is that he will not do anything until he gets the nod from Nicola. However, I know a couple of things about his personal circumstances that have cause to give him some slack and he has stepped up on the terrible situation we have had at a local care home where there were ten Covid-19 deaths. That being said, he does play second fiddle to our MSP Kate Forbes, she is pretty much admired by all and has gone on from a face in the local paper campaigning for better playground equipment to Scotland's Cabinet Secretary for Finance in a remarkably short time.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Biggest MP downgrade on 14:05 - Aug 6 with 3391 viewssolemio

It does occasionally work the other way of course.
St Albans: Anne Main defeated by Daisy Cooper.
%age improvement? Round about infinity.
Biggest MP downgrade on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 3315 viewsvapour_trail

I do have an issue with the apparent public thawing of mood to Ed Balls.

Bloke is a dishonest, virtue signalling tw@t, massively focussed on his own sense of self. His awful programmes are all about himself.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Biggest MP downgrade on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 3276 viewstractordownsouth

Biggest MP downgrade on 17:59 - Aug 6 by vapour_trail

I do have an issue with the apparent public thawing of mood to Ed Balls.

Bloke is a dishonest, virtue signalling tw@t, massively focussed on his own sense of self. His awful programmes are all about himself.

Have you heard Andrea Jenkyns talk?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024