Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iPad chargers 10:28 - Aug 6 with 1478 viewsMullet

Do these have to be from Apple to be any good? I've brought a few wires in the past that work on my phone well enough but take forever to charge the tablet.

Looks like the last legit apple charger I have left has finally gone to the point it doesn't kick out enough charge.

It's a 5 year old one if that makes any sort of difference. Cheers in advance from one of TWTD's technophobes.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

iPad chargers on 10:40 - Aug 6 with 1447 viewsSteve_M

The adaptor presumably rather than the cable? Technically no it doesn't need to be but do beware of dodgy ones bought off Ebay that don't comply to EU standards.

Shame there's not likely to be any football for a while as I have the one from my old iPad that still works properly that you could have.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

iPad chargers on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 1426 viewsWeWereZombies

I'm an Android user but would suggest that Steve_M has a point about the cable, my only nine month old Motorola (bought from John Lewis so you would hope it was legitimately supplied) started to be very wayward on charging. A week or so ago I was perching the end of the phone on an ashtray and a tablemat with an old cassette case and a small basket of gardening tags on the cable end that plugged in. Even then I had to have this Heath Robinson arrangement skewed to the right for it to, sometimes, work. Obviously due to interference by members of the Russian Orthodoxy (Spruce/footers/wkj) channelled through a Donald Trump controlled Google.

As a fellow technophobe I am now expecting a TWTD's technophile to tell me I should have been using an old CD case instead of an old cassette case...

Anyway, on an impromptu visit to a town I went into a phone shop and they checked out the cable (and the plug bit that acts as a transformer?) and narrowed the fault down, £7.99 for a new cable and now charging fine.Still waiting for an adequate reply from John Lewis though.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 10:52]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

iPad chargers on 11:23 - Aug 6 with 1390 viewshoppy

iPad chargers on 10:51 - Aug 6 by WeWereZombies

I'm an Android user but would suggest that Steve_M has a point about the cable, my only nine month old Motorola (bought from John Lewis so you would hope it was legitimately supplied) started to be very wayward on charging. A week or so ago I was perching the end of the phone on an ashtray and a tablemat with an old cassette case and a small basket of gardening tags on the cable end that plugged in. Even then I had to have this Heath Robinson arrangement skewed to the right for it to, sometimes, work. Obviously due to interference by members of the Russian Orthodoxy (Spruce/footers/wkj) channelled through a Donald Trump controlled Google.

As a fellow technophobe I am now expecting a TWTD's technophile to tell me I should have been using an old CD case instead of an old cassette case...

Anyway, on an impromptu visit to a town I went into a phone shop and they checked out the cable (and the plug bit that acts as a transformer?) and narrowed the fault down, £7.99 for a new cable and now charging fine.Still waiting for an adequate reply from John Lewis though.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 10:52]

Was it an audio, or a VHS video cassette case?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

iPad chargers on 11:26 - Aug 6 with 1383 viewsGlasgowBlue

I use these and they work just fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YD61LL9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The long one is handy for beside the bed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

iPad chargers on 12:30 - Aug 6 with 1331 viewsMullet

iPad chargers on 10:40 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

The adaptor presumably rather than the cable? Technically no it doesn't need to be but do beware of dodgy ones bought off Ebay that don't comply to EU standards.

Shame there's not likely to be any football for a while as I have the one from my old iPad that still works properly that you could have.

You've made me question if it's actually just the cable now, can't remember if I switched them all around or not.

Very kind of you too mate. One of the things I really dislike about apple is this aggressive branding and trying to control every aspect of owning their stuff, it's a right pain in the ass.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

iPad chargers on 12:47 - Aug 6 with 1309 viewsSteve_M

iPad chargers on 12:30 - Aug 6 by Mullet

You've made me question if it's actually just the cable now, can't remember if I switched them all around or not.

Very kind of you too mate. One of the things I really dislike about apple is this aggressive branding and trying to control every aspect of owning their stuff, it's a right pain in the ass.

Yes, one of these at 12W will charge more effectively than a smaller 5W one liek you get with most phones:

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MGN03B/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

A decent cable need not be Apple, but again reputable sellers are better (Amazon own brand are fine as Glassers says).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

iPad chargers on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 1209 viewsWeWereZombies

iPad chargers on 11:23 - Aug 6 by hoppy

Was it an audio, or a VHS video cassette case?

Betamax wax cylinder wooden box, antique pine with walnut and teak marquetry, mother of pearl detail and brass handles. Would make a wonderful bespoke coffin for a much loved hamster. £115 plus VAT, no time wasters...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

iPad chargers on 18:03 - Aug 6 with 1203 viewsvapour_trail

iPad chargers on 11:26 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I use these and they work just fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YD61LL9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The long one is handy for beside the bed.

You’re not meant to tie her up with it!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024