Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dont be a NEG . 10:38 - Aug 7 with 4402 viewsWickets

All this Pre. season negativity ,anyone feel its helpfull ? Yes fans have the right to voice their opinions and if things go wrong again of course their will be criticism but honestly just read through this forum !!
Dont be a NEG . on 10:38 - Aug 7 with 3575 viewsDanTheMan

What have we got to be positive about? Genuinely?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dont be a NEG . on 10:39 - Aug 7 with 3575 viewsEwan_Oozami

Neggers With Attitude

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Dont be a NEG . on 10:42 - Aug 7 with 3570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dont be a NEG . on 10:38 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

The chance for a reset. Plenty of time to get over last season, have a clean slate with a slightly more settled squad. Hopefully a few of the injuries cleared up and players like Huws and Norwood will have actually have had a full pre-season. Maybe even Teddy too - you never know, he's due a change of fortunes (or doing a McGoldrick as it's now know).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dont be a NEG . on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 3561 viewsWickets

Dont be a NEG . on 10:42 - Aug 7 by Swansea_Blue

The chance for a reset. Plenty of time to get over last season, have a clean slate with a slightly more settled squad. Hopefully a few of the injuries cleared up and players like Huws and Norwood will have actually have had a full pre-season. Maybe even Teddy too - you never know, he's due a change of fortunes (or doing a McGoldrick as it's now know).

Yes and just seems to be a tad early to write the season off or the club off as yet !
Dont be a NEG . on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 3548 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dont be a NEG . on 10:45 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Yes and just seems to be a tad early to write the season off or the club off as yet !

Lambert has failed miserably so far to get the team playing as one, but I genuinely think the long break is going to shake things up. I'm hoping that we'll have used the time wisely and come out of it in a good position. I've no idea whether we have used the time wisely, and could be totally naive. Given that we're stuck with him though, it makes sense to try to look forward imo.

If we carry on where we left off though, I'll be less than impressed and that optimism (hope) will soon disappear.

Dont be a NEG . on 10:49 - Aug 7 with 3546 viewsKeno

Dont be a NEG . on 10:45 - Aug 7 by Wickets

you are familiar with Ipswich Town FC and what's happened over the past few years aren't you?

I'm not being negative, just a realist

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dont be a NEG . on 11:02 - Aug 7 with 3516 viewsFenboyBlue

I think it will be better for the team to start the season with no crowd. An empty stadium must be better to build confidence than a stadium constantly teetering on toxic.
Dont be a NEG . on 11:11 - Aug 7 with 3497 viewsGarv

The sad thing is there's a serious lack of opinions even being voiced. It's just mindless spewing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Dont be a NEG . on 11:14 - Aug 7 with 3489 viewsWickets

Dont be a NEG . on 10:49 - Aug 7 by Keno

you are familiar with Ipswich Town FC and what's happened over the past few years aren't you?

I'm not being negative, just a realist

Bud i'm familiar with what has happened with the club i love over the last sixty years and more but the day i feel the need to slag the club off before a ball has been kicked ! will be the day i walk away for good . Just my feelings you must do what ever makes you happy !! of course .
Dont be a NEG . on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 3477 viewsLibero

Dont be a NEG . on 11:14 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Bud i'm familiar with what has happened with the club i love over the last sixty years and more but the day i feel the need to slag the club off before a ball has been kicked ! will be the day i walk away for good . Just my feelings you must do what ever makes you happy !! of course .

I think understandably people are p1ssed off that the man who limped us over the line into relegation and absolutely blundered his way through last season is somehow still in a job.

Various other gripes and groans about what's going on with the club at the moment, but they're precisely the kind of thing that you do reset and start a new with most season, unfortunately Paul Lambert has proven that he's really not up to the job.

We don't have a bad squad, we just lack leadership from the manager downwards. If we were to appoint someone new I'd be very optimistic about our chances of promotion.
Dont be a NEG . on 11:22 - Aug 7 with 3471 viewsGeoffSentence

Years ago, before the financial services act came into force, I did a 4 day stint with a company that sold financial products. They used the term 'neg' and every morning they would have a meeting and whomever had sold (in fact conne people into buying) the least had to stand on a desk whilst everyone else through what they called 'anti-neg' balls at them. They were just tennis balls, but calling them anti-neg balls was supposed to make the sales people less negative.

Anyway, they were a bunch of cwnts and I left without telling them I was going to after the first week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dont be a NEG . on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 3465 viewsKeno

Dont be a NEG . on 11:14 - Aug 7 by Wickets

we are a similar age, you may be a tad older.

Im one of those who expects at the start of every season, even the ones McGiven and Duncan in charge, we will win the league, both cups, qualify for Europe and be unbeaten in every game

This season I just get feel that and no I'm not happy

I am listening to TMS, which remains one of the great pleasures in life (although I still miss John Arlott)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dont be a NEG . on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 3440 viewsWickets

Dont be a NEG . on 11:19 - Aug 7 by Libero

I think understandably people are p1ssed off that the man who limped us over the line into relegation and absolutely blundered his way through last season is somehow still in a job.

Various other gripes and groans about what's going on with the club at the moment, but they're precisely the kind of thing that you do reset and start a new with most season, unfortunately Paul Lambert has proven that he's really not up to the job.

We don't have a bad squad, we just lack leadership from the manager downwards. If we were to appoint someone new I'd be very optimistic about our chances of promotion.

Yes but myself i think we have now to get by all those moans and groans from the previous few years as its a new season, If we are going to give the club any chance of moving on . I am someone who thinks if it is not going to be helpfull what is the point but as i keep saying each to their own but i am an Ipswich Town Supporter .
Dont be a NEG . on 11:27 - Aug 7 with 3440 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I can’t get my head around it. I know it’s not the case, but it comes across that people want us to fail to say “told you so” regarding Lambert.

Let’s back the boys, this is pre season, it’s a time full optimism as a supporter, we haven’t even kicked a ball and there are people ranting and raving already.

COYB!

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dont be a NEG . on 11:33 - Aug 7 with 3418 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dont be a NEG . on 11:27 - Aug 7 by TheTrueBlue1878

I can’t get my head around it. I know it’s not the case, but it comes across that people want us to fail to say “told you so” regarding Lambert.

Let’s back the boys, this is pre season, it’s a time full optimism as a supporter, we haven’t even kicked a ball and there are people ranting and raving already.

COYB!

A touch of the gallows humour I think. Let's not forget how utterly dismal we were for the last 2/3rds of last season. Only the good start saved us from a lower table finish. I know only the final position counts, but over the last 20 games or so we were only 1 point off relegation form. That's shows something's structurally wrong.

This is off the back of a dismal relegation season where we effectively gave up. And two pretty toxic years before that with Mick.

It's no wonder people have lost the will and become cynical. I'm hoping for a fresh start, but it's only hope. There's not much conviction behind it.

Dont be a NEG . on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 3405 viewshype313

Dont be a NEG . on 11:26 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Yes but myself i think we have now to get by all those moans and groans from the previous few years as its a new season, If we are going to give the club any chance of moving on . I am someone who thinks if it is not going to be helpfull what is the point but as i keep saying each to their own but i am an Ipswich Town Supporter .

Agree, but nothing has changed from last season, people have short memories, the last 18 months under Lambert has been shambolic, even the start of last season was a bit of a misnomer as we all could see we were playing badly but doing just enough, when those wheels fell off it was laid bare for all to see.

I'm normally optimistic about the start of a new season, but I just can't see how things will have changed that much for us/manager to start playing really good football and winning games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dont be a NEG . on 11:44 - Aug 7 with 3392 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dont be a NEG . on 11:42 - Aug 7 by hype313

Agree, but nothing has changed from last season, people have short memories, the last 18 months under Lambert has been shambolic, even the start of last season was a bit of a misnomer as we all could see we were playing badly but doing just enough, when those wheels fell off it was laid bare for all to see.

I'm normally optimistic about the start of a new season, but I just can't see how things will have changed that much for us/manager to start playing really good football and winning games.

Ah, but ME has talked to them about his core values since last season

Dont be a NEG . on 11:44 - Aug 7 with 3393 viewsFenboyBlue

It's understandable though. With 10+ years of failure everybody's patience fuse must get shorter and shorter with each season. It becomes more difficult to wipe the slate clean & start afresh the same way year after year. And we're one of the more patient clubs around.
Dont be a NEG . on 11:46 - Aug 7 with 3373 viewshype313

Dont be a NEG . on 11:44 - Aug 7 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, but ME has talked to them about his core values since last season

Ah yes, forgot about that.

Off to bookies to lump a ton on us for Champions after that pep talk....

Dont be a NEG . on 11:48 - Aug 7 with 3363 viewsWickets

Dont be a NEG . on 11:46 - Aug 7 by hype313

Ah yes, forgot about that.

Off to bookies to lump a ton on us for Champions after that pep talk....

Here we go again .
Dont be a NEG . on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 3357 viewsLibero

Dont be a NEG . on 11:26 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Yes, you're right, but Lambert stands apart from your usual seasonal dissatisfaction. Objectively he is doing a very poor job and every month he is still in the hot seat is another month not only wasted but potentially causing the club damage.
Dont be a NEG . on 11:50 - Aug 7 with 3356 viewshype313

Dont be a NEG . on 11:48 - Aug 7 by Wickets

Here we go again .

There's pessimists, realists and optimists.

I sit in the middle, which is why I can't get too hyped up for the season.

Obviously, would love to be proved wrong.

Dont be a NEG . on 11:53 - Aug 7 with 3343 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dont be a NEG . on 11:50 - Aug 7 by hype313

There's pessimists, realists and optimists.

I sit in the middle, which is why I can't get too hyped up for the season.

Obviously, would love to be proved wrong.

I'm in the middle too.

My heart is optimistic.
My head pessimistic.
So I'm just going to see what happens.

I am actually looking forward to the football starting again - I hope they sort out a way to broadcast many/all of the games.

Dont be a NEG . on 11:57 - Aug 7 with 3327 viewsBiGDonnie

Dont be a NEG . on 10:38 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

I'm happy we're not actually having to play football games atm.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Dont be a NEG . on 11:59 - Aug 7 with 3320 viewsTieDyedIn95

All the hype and positivity around Paul Hurst had a massive impact on the field.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024