Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? 12:04 - Aug 7 with 1440 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 1407 viewsRyorry

Probably not if you're a HGV or delivery driver.

If not operating machinery, talking to customers or in a meeting tho, it's fine - listen to your body, you'll have more energy & maybe live longer if you do :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 1407 viewsWeWereZombies

Firstly, where is the 'not only is an afternoon nap unavoidable, it is also a sign of great intelligence' option?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-napping-make-us-smarter1/

Secondly - ageist

Thirdly - Battenbergist

[edit] I have just started reading the link I posted and I see that they mention siestas so I am going to add anti-Latino to your list of crimes and misdemeanours as well.

[second edit] I take it all back, I have just read on a bit and apparently my three hour sleeps between four and seven late afternoon are the wrong thing to do and probably why I am only sleeping for five or so hours at night now.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 12:16]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:19 - Aug 7 with 1386 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:10 - Aug 7 by WeWereZombies

Firstly, where is the 'not only is an afternoon nap unavoidable, it is also a sign of great intelligence' option?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-napping-make-us-smarter1/

Secondly - ageist

Thirdly - Battenbergist

[edit] I have just started reading the link I posted and I see that they mention siestas so I am going to add anti-Latino to your list of crimes and misdemeanours as well.

[second edit] I take it all back, I have just read on a bit and apparently my three hour sleeps between four and seven late afternoon are the wrong thing to do and probably why I am only sleeping for five or so hours at night now.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 12:16]

I am a Battenberg Evangelist - the question was there purely to appease the Gateau Gurus..

Ageist? Yes, probably, but I am 60 next year so could possibly claim an exemption on that one..

Agreed definitely that afternoon naps are vitally important, and indeed help brain recovery (unless you have something like OSA of course) - it's just that I have never been able to sleep during the day, I'm at 100% from the moment I wake to the moment I get to sleep (normally 8hrs sleep per night on average) - I just wondered, with the amount of people saying they liked a quick doze during the day, how prevalent it was....

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:26 - Aug 7 with 1364 viewsKeno

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:09 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

Probably not if you're a HGV or delivery driver.

If not operating machinery, talking to customers or in a meeting tho, it's fine - listen to your body, you'll have more energy & maybe live longer if you do :)

apparently you can nap in a client meeting

(according to a friend obviously)

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:28 - Aug 7 with 1361 viewsRyorry

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:19 - Aug 7 by Ewan_Oozami

I am a Battenberg Evangelist - the question was there purely to appease the Gateau Gurus..

Ageist? Yes, probably, but I am 60 next year so could possibly claim an exemption on that one..

Agreed definitely that afternoon naps are vitally important, and indeed help brain recovery (unless you have something like OSA of course) - it's just that I have never been able to sleep during the day, I'm at 100% from the moment I wake to the moment I get to sleep (normally 8hrs sleep per night on average) - I just wondered, with the amount of people saying they liked a quick doze during the day, how prevalent it was....

On a more serious note, many people have reasons for sleep being interrupted at night (or day if on nightshift) - they're carers, or unwell, or just need a pee & then can't get back to sleep e.g. - so actually need a nap or 2 during the day just to get enough to be healthy.

Many people also have a natural dozy dip in their cicadian rhythm between mid-late afternoon, something drivers would do well to be aware of.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:31 - Aug 7 with 1353 viewsWeWereZombies

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:19 - Aug 7 by Ewan_Oozami

I think it does change with age, not only did I rarely use to sleep during the day but I almost fought to stay awake every night until I thought I had what counted as a full day of excitement. I suspect this came from my mother and her wartime experiences of the Blitz, a sense of carpe diem as the result of constant threat that got passed down to her offspring as a matter of habit. However, in the last couple of years (I'm sixty five now) I have tended to have a sleep during the day - so even before lock down - since Covid-19 it seems like one of those things you can do to pass the time...

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:36 - Aug 7 with 1342 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:28 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

On a more serious note, many people have reasons for sleep being interrupted at night (or day if on nightshift) - they're carers, or unwell, or just need a pee & then can't get back to sleep e.g. - so actually need a nap or 2 during the day just to get enough to be healthy.

Many people also have a natural dozy dip in their cicadian rhythm between mid-late afternoon, something drivers would do well to be aware of.

Absolutely, I'm not deriding people who sleep during the day (honestly!), I think it's something humans have done for thousands of years, and it's only since large-scale farming, industrialisation, being tied to some function for the bulk of daylight hours, etc, have come in that sleep during the day has lost favour/been frowned upon.

I wish I could sleep during the day, but when I have in the past, I always feel worse when I wake up - it's not the right type of sleep for me...yet, I should add!

However, all that may be remedied when the Town games start again I'm sure! :-)

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:41 - Aug 7 with 1334 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't get over them being tied to age and a sign of turning into parents/grandparents. So fight the urge all the way.

Would be quite nice though....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 1309 viewsWeWereZombies

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:36 - Aug 7 by Ewan_Oozami

Absolutely, I'm not deriding people who sleep during the day (honestly!), I think it's something humans have done for thousands of years, and it's only since large-scale farming, industrialisation, being tied to some function for the bulk of daylight hours, etc, have come in that sleep during the day has lost favour/been frowned upon.

I wish I could sleep during the day, but when I have in the past, I always feel worse when I wake up - it's not the right type of sleep for me...yet, I should add!

However, all that may be remedied when the Town games start again I'm sure! :-)

For all my support of the afternoon nap one of the things that has most enraged me over the last few years is that when I last went to an Old Farm derby the guy sitting next to me seemed to be more interested in the dullest banter possible with people he knew a few rows in front than he was in the game. To top it all he went off at half time, after refusing to move to an empty seat with the people he knew, and came back with a pie and then fell asleep for most of the second half...with a half eaten pie in his hand.

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 13:41 - Aug 7 with 1266 viewsfactual_blue

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 12:41 - Aug 7 by Swansea_Blue

I can't get over them being tied to age and a sign of turning into parents/grandparents. So fight the urge all the way.

Would be quite nice though....

I'm startled that somebody self-identifies themself as me.

Does this mean I'm on my way to being the head of a cult?

*Waits for all the 'you're a bit of a cult/you're a silly cult' jokes*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 1240 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not? on 13:41 - Aug 7 by factual_blue

I'm startled that somebody self-identifies themself as me.

Does this mean I'm on my way to being the head of a cult?

*Waits for all the 'you're a bit of a cult/you're a silly cult' jokes*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024