Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this 13:55 - Aug 7 with 2340 viewskizaitfc

With the salary cap now passed, we must be very limited in what we could offer to Jackson, as will any other club in this league.

Assuming the offer on the table was half decent surely he would have been better to take it for now?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 2317 viewspointofblue

Not if there are links to Championship sides. I presume even with the option of another year he will count at £1300 for the sake of the cap?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 2287 viewsfergalsharkey

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:56 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Not if there are links to Championship sides. I presume even with the option of another year he will count at £1300 for the sake of the cap?

is that the cap £1300 a week????

Poll: Cook out?

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 2285 viewsBiGDonnie

He's not even good. I'd be amazed if a championship side watched him regularly last year and thought he'd do a job for them.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 2239 viewskizaitfc

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:56 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Be shocked if any championship sides were looking at him.

Yeah he will count as the £1,300 for the final year.

With this cap I don't think any of the larger L1 clubs will be gambling on a player like Jackson who will also cost a decent amount in transfer fees.

Clubs like us, Sunderland and Portsmouth will now surely be looking at younger players or players with proven quality at this level

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 2235 viewspointofblue

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:58 - Aug 7 by fergalsharkey

No, players on current contracts are being averaged out at that until they expire, so clubs don’t go over the cap simply because they have players on long term, higher, contracts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:02 - Aug 7 with 2230 viewskizaitfc

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 13:58 - Aug 7 by fergalsharkey

No I think that is the average salary for the league

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:04 - Aug 7 with 2211 viewsLibero

No limit on Blackburn though, is there...
Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:19 - Aug 7 with 2142 viewsPinewoodblue

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:01 - Aug 7 by kizaitfc

Be shocked if any championship sides were looking at him.

Yeah he will count as the £1,300 for the final year.

With this cap I don't think any of the larger L1 clubs will be gambling on a player like Jackson who will also cost a decent amount in transfer fees.

Clubs like us, Sunderland and Portsmouth will now surely be looking at younger players or players with proven quality at this level

Three clubs promoted this season to Championship would have a good idea of his potential. Don't think Lambert gets the best out of him. Jackson isn't the only player you could say this about.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 2064 viewskizaitfc

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:19 - Aug 7 by Pinewoodblue

Three clubs promoted this season to Championship would have a good idea of his potential. Don't think Lambert gets the best out of him. Jackson isn't the only player you could say this about.

Because all those managers prior to Lambert did with the other players you allude to?

I think contract or no contract Jackson would take the opportunity to move to a league above, so my point is the agent may aswell have got him the contract on offer because I assume it will not be getting any better after today.

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:42 - Aug 7 with 2028 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 14:31 - Aug 7 by kizaitfc

Because all those managers prior to Lambert did with the other players you allude to?

I think contract or no contract Jackson would take the opportunity to move to a league above, so my point is the agent may aswell have got him the contract on offer because I assume it will not be getting any better after today.

Hurst didn't get the best out of anyone but you only have to go back to Hurst's predecessor to see a manager who could get the most out of his players. Lambert can't get a tune out of this squad at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 15:22 - Aug 7 with 1908 viewsArnieM

OP, you appear to be making the assumption KD would go to another League One Club ?

Coventry are now in the Championship. So the wage cap will have much less effect on derailing his eventual move .

If we don’t get promoted this season all the “ must keep” players will essentially leave for even less money . It’ll be like when we were in administration and CharlTown cherry picked half our team for sod all money .

#itfc#groundhogday#everyseasonthesameshyte

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 15:44 - Aug 7 with 1858 viewskizaitfc

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 15:22 - Aug 7 by ArnieM

OP, you appear to be making the assumption KD would go to another League One Club ?

Coventry are now in the Championship. So the wage cap will have much less effect on derailing his eventual move .

If we don’t get promoted this season all the “ must keep” players will essentially leave for even less money . It’ll be like when we were in administration and CharlTown cherry picked half our team for sod all money .

#itfc#groundhogday#everyseasonthesameshyte

That is the assumption but also with the point that if a championship club was to come in for him, I would expect he would want to leave whether there was cap on the salary or if he was under contract or not.

Ultimately unless a championship club does come in KJ is stuck on the deal he has and it wont get any better for him.

He says it's down to his agent but not signing a contract never looks good to the fans, your manager or your team mates.

For me it's obvious sign the contract and if a championship team does want you make it clear you want to leave, ITFC get a decent transfer fee and KJ has security of a decent contract

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 17:08 - Aug 7 with 1719 viewsArnieM

Kayden Jackson's agent has made a hash of this on 15:44 - Aug 7 by kizaitfc

That is the assumption but also with the point that if a championship club was to come in for him, I would expect he would want to leave whether there was cap on the salary or if he was under contract or not.

Ultimately unless a championship club does come in KJ is stuck on the deal he has and it wont get any better for him.

He says it's down to his agent but not signing a contract never looks good to the fans, your manager or your team mates.

For me it's obvious sign the contract and if a championship team does want you make it clear you want to leave, ITFC get a decent transfer fee and KJ has security of a decent contract

I agree totally with your last point. 👍

I don’t know about you, but I’ve never thought KD would leave us for another League One side, but only a CC outfit.

Problem is now, with this sodding salary cap in place, we will lose shed loads of money on any of our Crown Jewels when they get sold because just like in our Administration year, Clubs will just cherry pick our best players next season, if we fail to get promotion and we now can’t afford or are not allowed to offer them higher wages to keep them here. Which is what O’Neil was probably referring to when he said it prevents Evans spending what money he wants too.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024