Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? 16:08 - Aug 7 with 2510 viewsuefacup81

They can mouth off all they like about it, but surely as long as existing contracts are honoured then there's absolutely naff all they can do about it if clubs can't/won't pay their members the same amounts going forward?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 16:57 - Aug 7 with 2448 viewsBluefish

Surely the legality has already been put to the test in rugby?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 16:59 - Aug 7 with 2444 viewsitfcjoe

Restraint of trade of their members? Squad limits being put in place on an age discriminatory basis?

What business is it off the train driver unions if the bosses want to give everyone a pay cut or change of working conditions?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 16:59]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 2435 viewsuefacup81

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 16:59 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Restraint of trade of their members? Squad limits being put in place on an age discriminatory basis?

What business is it off the train driver unions if the bosses want to give everyone a pay cut or change of working conditions?

There's nothing stopping their members from demanding/commanding the market rate, though is there?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:09 - Aug 7 with 2415 viewsitfcjoe

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:00 - Aug 7 by uefacup81

There's nothing stopping their members from demanding/commanding the market rate, though is there?

Do you not think there are any restraints of trade in there then?

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:10 - Aug 7 with 2407 viewsPhilTWTD

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 16:59 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

I don't think they'll be the only ones thinking along the lines of restraint of trade, clubs will also be looking at it, I would guess. I'm sure this will end up in the courts which could lead to a delay in its implementation as the PFA outline.
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:13 - Aug 7 with 2385 viewsitfcjoe

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:10 - Aug 7 by PhilTWTD

I don't think they'll be the only ones thinking along the lines of restraint of trade, clubs will also be looking at it, I would guess. I'm sure this will end up in the courts which could lead to a delay in its implementation as the PFA outline.

You can’t rush something like this through in a few weeks. It went through quicker than working out how to conclude the season

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 2376 viewsPhilTWTD

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:13 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

You can’t rush something like this through in a few weeks. It went through quicker than working out how to conclude the season

Hadn't thought about it like that, but does seem ridiculous such a change has been made in such haste. Think there's a fair way to go on this.
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 2339 viewsPablokuqi

In the public sector schools hospitals etc have budgets. Yet the workers are on different pay scales. If the school advertises a job and a nqt applies and an experienced teacher applies and the school can only afford a nqt they get the job even if the experienced teacher is better. That is the reality of life. A competition, in this case, the EFL, can create any condition they like, as long as it doesn't go against the laws of the land. The fact, as some have said, that salary caps exist in other sports, I doubt the PFA have a case. But as not a legal expert I could be proved wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 2320 viewsitfc48

I thought the rules already in place regarding the limit on wage spending were quite sensible. This seems to be more about the small clubs trying to level the playing field. The recent problems in the lower leagues have been more to do with bent owners - this cap won't resolve that issue.
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 18:14 - Aug 7 with 2265 viewsEly_Blue

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 17:26 - Aug 7 by Pablokuqi

In the public sector schools hospitals etc have budgets. Yet the workers are on different pay scales. If the school advertises a job and a nqt applies and an experienced teacher applies and the school can only afford a nqt they get the job even if the experienced teacher is better. That is the reality of life. A competition, in this case, the EFL, can create any condition they like, as long as it doesn't go against the laws of the land. The fact, as some have said, that salary caps exist in other sports, I doubt the PFA have a case. But as not a legal expert I could be proved wrong.

I’d argue that the schools/hospitals don’t all have identical budgets based on location, performance etc. It is then down to the school/hospital trusts to decide what to allocate those budgets on.

Also cost of living is higher/lower in different areas of the country so therefore the clubs in these areas will be unfairly disadvantaged in terms of who they can attract based on how affordable the area is to live in

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 20:41 - Aug 7 with 2179 viewsPablokuqi

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 18:14 - Aug 7 by Ely_Blue

I’d argue that the schools/hospitals don’t all have identical budgets based on location, performance etc. It is then down to the school/hospital trusts to decide what to allocate those budgets on.

Also cost of living is higher/lower in different areas of the country so therefore the clubs in these areas will be unfairly disadvantaged in terms of who they can attract based on how affordable the area is to live in

Sorry but you are wrong with schools unless within London will have similar budgets. They are based on kid numbers. Hence why it is easier to recruit teachers in say Liverpool than it is in Suffolk because supply exceeds demand due to cheaper cost of living.
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 07:51 - Aug 8 with 2003 viewsEly_Blue

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 20:41 - Aug 7 by Pablokuqi

Sorry but you are wrong with schools unless within London will have similar budgets. They are based on kid numbers. Hence why it is easier to recruit teachers in say Liverpool than it is in Suffolk because supply exceeds demand due to cheaper cost of living.

Glad that you ignored many of my replies but chose to focus on school budgets being the same based on pupil numbers (there in you contradict yourself the first time) and then you agree with what I am saying on location but make no mention of this!

I will therefore state again that SIZE of establishment (school) and LOCATION (London in your example) have different consequences in terms of size of budget!

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 08:24 - Aug 8 with 1971 views26_Paz

There might not be anything they can do about it legally but it is very much their business. They are the players union, a huge reduction in the long term earning potential of their members is very much their business!

The Paz Man

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 09:48 - Aug 8 with 1938 viewsPablokuqi

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 07:51 - Aug 8 by Ely_Blue

Glad that you ignored many of my replies but chose to focus on school budgets being the same based on pupil numbers (there in you contradict yourself the first time) and then you agree with what I am saying on location but make no mention of this!

I will therefore state again that SIZE of establishment (school) and LOCATION (London in your example) have different consequences in terms of size of budget!

They have a bigger budget (total) because they have to employ more staff, last time I checked a football team has 11 players on the pitch whether it is Premier League or League One.

London schools have bigger budget per pupil as the salary structure for teachers provides a London premium due to the high cost of living there and the difficulty recruiting staff.
What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 11:35 - Aug 8 with 1885 viewsEly_Blue

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 09:48 - Aug 8 by Pablokuqi

They have a bigger budget (total) because they have to employ more staff, last time I checked a football team has 11 players on the pitch whether it is Premier League or League One.

London schools have bigger budget per pupil as the salary structure for teachers provides a London premium due to the high cost of living there and the difficulty recruiting staff.

So therefore you are admitting that location is a factor here? Therefore meaning the clubs in London or the south east that would normally be able to attract the better players because of location and salary are now at a disadvantage with the L1 &L2 salary cap as it is the same across the board

What business of the PFA's is the salary cap? on 00:51 - Aug 9 with 1744 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Income from crowds and commercial sales has go to come into the equation!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024