Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? 16:12 - Aug 7 with 1250 viewsSmithy

Have half your side made up of under 21 players therefore not included in cap figures that leaves the other half with 2.5m or approx 200k/4k a week a year per individual, which for me is surely decent for this level. Problem for us is that we are unlikely to manage this right and dont have a manager who I believe can coach the youngsters to the level needed.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:14 - Aug 7 with 1231 viewsKeno

In principle yes but we are thinking as Ipswich fans so one part of your post is an issue ... "if managed right"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:17 - Aug 7 with 1204 viewsuefacup81

The problem is that it provides very little room to provide better contracts to talented players.

The main consequence of this, I fear, will be that it is now open season for Championship/PL clubs to hoover up young talent on the cheap.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:21 - Aug 7 with 1187 viewsSmithy

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:14 - Aug 7 by Keno

In principle yes but we are thinking as Ipswich fans so one part of your post is an issue ... "if managed right"

Agreed if managed right which requires the manager to step up, oh dear. It's wrong that each club in theory has the same spending power regardless of income, but if a clubs academy is of a higher standard than most then surely it should have quite a big advantage. The likes of Rochdale and Accrington still wont be paying similar wages to others regardless, and this did not really make a big difference anyhow last season?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:23 - Aug 7 with 1168 viewsCoco

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:14 - Aug 7 by Keno

"if managed right" is an issue at the club from the top down!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:35 - Aug 7 with 1128 viewshomer_123

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:17 - Aug 7 by uefacup81

The problem is that it provides very little room to provide better contracts to talented players.

The main consequence of this, I fear, will be that it is now open season for Championship/PL clubs to hoover up young talent on the cheap.

Not really, if your 21 year old is now a first team player - you move him to a decent contract and offload the older ones....rotational isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:35 - Aug 7 with 1127 viewslongtimefan

Wouldn’t be too bad if we had a large crop of under 21s ready for the first team. Of the 4 we have, Nydam, El Miz, Lanekester and Dobra, 3 will be coming back from long term injuries with no guarantees they can reach the potential they have shown.
Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:41 - Aug 7 with 1100 viewsHalf_Idiot

How does the under 21's exclusion work? I assume it's their age at the start of the season not throughout the course of it?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 16:54]
Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:48 - Aug 7 with 1080 viewsPinewoodblue

Salary Cap if managed right is there an issue? on 16:35 - Aug 7 by longtimefan

Wouldn’t be too bad if we had a large crop of under 21s ready for the first team. Of the 4 we have, Nydam, El Miz, Lanekester and Dobra, 3 will be coming back from long term injuries with no guarantees they can reach the potential they have shown.

And all of them for the 21/22 season will be 21 others player# will have to moved on to accommodate them in the squad.

One good point it is supposedly a temporary measure but then so was income tax.

We also don’t know the impact of further measures that are bring discussed and will later be voted on. EFL is being dumbed down extra pressure on Lambert to get us up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

That's us, f*cked then. (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 7 with 1059 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024