Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garbutt all but a Black Cat then 16:46 - Aug 7 with 5615 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 16:48 - Aug 7 with 4768 viewsCoco

"We tried all we could"

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 4675 viewsHerbivore

I'm not that bothered about this. Good footballer but a pretty ropey left back and we need a decent left back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:01 - Aug 7 with 4671 viewsOsborneOneNil

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:00 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

I'm not that bothered about this. Good footballer but a pretty ropey left back and we need a decent left back.

Agreed. He's 'ok'.
Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:08 - Aug 7 with 4623 viewspositivity

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:01 - Aug 7 by OsborneOneNil

Agreed. He's 'ok'.

i think we'll miss his free kicks, got very little in the way of set-piece delivery now? reckon he'd be better used as a left midfielder

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:12 - Aug 7 with 4605 viewsArnieM

....” I really like it at Ipswich and would be happy to stay”......... (if the wedge is right)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:14 - Aug 7 with 4592 viewsHerbivore

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:08 - Aug 7 by positivity

i think we'll miss his free kicks, got very little in the way of set-piece delivery now? reckon he'd be better used as a left midfielder

But then to play him in that role we have to play a 4-4-2 which isn't a very dynamic system and doesn't especially suit the rest of our squad that well.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 4576 viewspositivity

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:14 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

But then to play him in that role we have to play a 4-4-2 which isn't a very dynamic system and doesn't especially suit the rest of our squad that well.

agreed, be interested to see where sunderland play him

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 4569 viewstractorboy1978

We've been quite public about wanting to sign Garbutt and would assume Keogh was a top target too. It's far from positive we are failing to land players we want to divisional rivals.
Login to get fewer ads

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 4560 viewsHerbivore

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:17 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

We've been quite public about wanting to sign Garbutt and would assume Keogh was a top target too. It's far from positive we are failing to land players we want to divisional rivals.

Think you're reading too much into it. We don't know whether we even made an offer to either of them.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 4544 viewsBrixtonBlue

If the alternative is Kenlock, which I suspect it will be, I'd rather we'd got Garbutt. At least we'd get a few goals from free kicks.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 4521 viewsHerbivore

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:23 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

If the alternative is Kenlock, which I suspect it will be, I'd rather we'd got Garbutt. At least we'd get a few goals from free kicks.

I'm hopeful one of our few signings will be a left back. I don't think Garbutt or Kenlock are good enough as left backs. Garbutt is a good footballer but defensively he's really not great.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 4496 viewsPablokuqi

As someone else said Chris Brunt would be a good short term option. Great delivery and a leader too.
Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:31 - Aug 7 with 4489 viewsitfc48

I think the fact no Championship club has picked him up speaks volumes. KVY is by far a superior full back. Garbutt has obvious qualities from set pieces but not sure he stands out in any other areas.
Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:42 - Aug 7 with 4450 viewsBlueBadger

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:23 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

If the alternative is Kenlock, I'd rather see Phil awarded the number 3 jersey.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:52 - Aug 7 with 4401 viewsMullet

El-Miz's assist for Chambers immediately springs to mind, but yes that's an area where both delivery and conversion have been awful since Hurst sold Waghorn.

Has Dozzell really been given a crack at them, likewise Dobra might have something in his locker or Lankester?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:58 - Aug 7 with 4372 viewspositivity

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:52 - Aug 7 by Mullet

El-Miz's assist for Chambers immediately springs to mind, but yes that's an area where both delivery and conversion have been awful since Hurst sold Waghorn.

Has Dozzell really been given a crack at them, likewise Dobra might have something in his locker or Lankester?

and el miz's free kick on loan was pretty good too!

not been impressed by doz's so far, but would be interested to see what lankester and dob have

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 18:02 - Aug 7 with 4343 viewsChrisd

We’ll miss his delivery on set pieces, he had a very decent left peg, that’ll be an asset for the Mackems next season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 18:17 - Aug 7 with 4307 viewsBlueBadger

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:17 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

It's almost like our manager is more interested in his own PR than actually competently running a football team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 18:18 - Aug 7 with 4306 viewsBlueBadger

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 17:18 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Think you're reading too much into it. We don't know whether we even made an offer to either of them.

I suspect our offer to Garbutt was about as real as our offer for Conor Wickham back in January.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 18:55 - Aug 7 with 4204 viewsSwansea_Blue

If we get a better replacement than Garbutt I'll be amazed. More likely Kenlock will be the new first choice and we'll have backup from the U23s or a lower league freebie.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:02 - Aug 7 with 4171 viewsBlueBadger

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 18:55 - Aug 7 by Swansea_Blue

If we get a better replacement than Garbutt I'll be amazed. More likely Kenlock will be the new first choice and we'll have backup from the U23s or a lower league freebie.

Lambert 'it's all about giving our youngters an opportunity'
Idiots watching us finish 15th 'he just gets it, doesn't he'

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:11 - Aug 7 with 4136 viewsShawsey

Kenlock should be good enough for L1. He has a mistake in him, which can be coached out. Probably 2 years until he reaches his peak, so I would coach him properly in a system that we are going to play and go with him. Controversial I know, but unless we are going to spend a million + on a left back, go with him and back him.
Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:18 - Aug 7 with 4115 viewsHerbivore

We'll see. I don't think he's very good as a left back (I might have said) despite being a good footballer, but on the whole he is better than Kenlock so if we don't sign anyone then it would be a downgrade.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 4108 viewsHerbivore

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:11 - Aug 7 by Shawsey

Kenlock should be good enough for L1. He has a mistake in him, which can be coached out. Probably 2 years until he reaches his peak, so I would coach him properly in a system that we are going to play and go with him. Controversial I know, but unless we are going to spend a million + on a left back, go with him and back him.

Why is it only worth replacing Kenlock if we spend a million plus? There will be decent left back options on a free or available to loan and I'd be surprised if we don't strengthen there.

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:23 - Aug 7 with 4100 viewsShawsey

Garbutt all but a Black Cat then on 19:20 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Why is it only worth replacing Kenlock if we spend a million plus? There will be decent left back options on a free or available to loan and I'd be surprised if we don't strengthen there.

Not saying we shouldn't, but if you coach Kenlock properly in the system you want to play, then I see a L1 player at least. Would prefer a better option, but not sure there will be many out there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024