Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
when are the fixtures released? 17:24 - Aug 7 with 749 viewspositivity

reckon there'll be a lot of lobbying on this which could delay it.

from a financial point of view. clubs will want to save their money earners for later on in the season, no-one's going to want sunderland at home while stadia are closed

from a football point of view, it may work it best to have easier games first with the likelihood of another suspension before the league is completed...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

when are the fixtures released? on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 740 viewsStokieBlue

The fixtures are a pseudo-random process which shouldn't take any input from the clubs at all. They certainly shouldn't be able to lobby in order to ensure they get bigger draws when more fans can attend.

Some things in life just have to be accepted and it's bordering on silly now with the minutiae of every aspect being open for challenge.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

when are the fixtures released? on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 733 viewspointofblue

As we're bigger clubs and can cope, what are the odds on the smaller clubs asking us to hold our home games between September and December whilst corwds are almost certainly down - and, because we're Ipswich, we somehow end up having to do it.

In all seriousness, as you say, I doubt clubs will want either us, Sunderland or Portsmouth at home early on. I wouldn't be surprised if we all play each other in the first month as the argument will be we have the finances to cope with losing a 'big' match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

when are the fixtures released? on 17:28 - Aug 7 with 721 viewsStokieBlue

when are the fixtures released? on 17:27 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

As we're bigger clubs and can cope, what are the odds on the smaller clubs asking us to hold our home games between September and December whilst corwds are almost certainly down - and, because we're Ipswich, we somehow end up having to do it.

In all seriousness, as you say, I doubt clubs will want either us, Sunderland or Portsmouth at home early on. I wouldn't be surprised if we all play each other in the first month as the argument will be we have the finances to cope with losing a 'big' match.

I've not said that at all. In fact it's almost the exact opposite of what I posted.

I've said clubs should have absolutely no say in the fixtures and they should be left to the normal pseudo-random process that is always used.

SB
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 17:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

when are the fixtures released? on 17:38 - Aug 7 with 684 viewsBlueBadger

when are the fixtures released? on 17:27 - Aug 7 by pointofblue

Lambert should be lobbying to have as many of our home games up-front as he can. That way, he claim 'performances are much better' despite a stream of defeats and limp draws that no-one has seen and the 'give him time' crowd will claim to be vindicated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024