Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ 22:24 - Aug 7 with 10297 viewsWD19

Seriously. Bloke has learnt nothing. Total fraud.

Somebody wake me up when we have a manager who says...

‘We have have one of the largest squads in the division, that I have built over several transfer windows. The buck stops with me to blend them as a team and get the club moving forward. Obviously if the chance to improve the squad comes along we should take it, but ultimately it is about me doing my job. If I do that we will go well.’
‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 13:38 - Aug 9 with 931 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 12:09 - Aug 9 by Herbivore

You asked a question and I've answered it honestly. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Ok then, well done x

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 917 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 12:13 - Aug 9 by LankHenners

No-one expects him to come out and literally say the words "I am sh!t at my job", people just, understandably, want a little bit more self-accountability.

He don't need to be incredibly self-critical in public, but it's not much to ask for a bit more than an underselling of the problems coupled with some vague posturing on 'learning from them'.

“We have to learn from last season. We all do,” Lambert told the club website.
“I have looked at myself and what I could have changed. I always do that."

What more do you want exactly? You want him to spell out specifics?

Be honest, whatever Lambert says people will take issue with it on here. I'm not even defending him, I'm just posting common sense.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 897 viewsDubtractor

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 13:44 - Aug 9 by BrixtonBlue

“We have to learn from last season. We all do,” Lambert told the club website.
“I have looked at myself and what I could have changed. I always do that."

What more do you want exactly? You want him to spell out specifics?

Be honest, whatever Lambert says people will take issue with it on here. I'm not even defending him, I'm just posting common sense.

I think the problem is there is one line of reflection on himself over almost 2 years of mostly poor football and and results, amongst a tide of comments reflecting on quality of players, too many games, lack of funds, too much pressure at home etc etc.

He has said the absolute bare minimum that looks at how he does his job. And even then not implying he has not been good enough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:46 - Aug 9 with 859 viewsLankHenners

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:02 - Aug 9 by Dubtractor

I think the problem is there is one line of reflection on himself over almost 2 years of mostly poor football and and results, amongst a tide of comments reflecting on quality of players, too many games, lack of funds, too much pressure at home etc etc.

He has said the absolute bare minimum that looks at how he does his job. And even then not implying he has not been good enough.

He's also used the 'I'm always looking at how to improve' line before when questioned after a defeat. Just going through the motions repeating tired, vacuous lines that he doesn't seem to actually mean/believe in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 843 viewsBrixtonBlue

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:02 - Aug 9 by Dubtractor

Can you find me a quote from any other manager (apart from one resigning) who comes out and implies they haven't been good enough?

It also doesn't matter what he says (or the people bleating on here about what he says). The proof will be in the start of next season. Deeds are more important than words.

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 15:16 - Aug 9 with 815 viewsDubtractor

‘We have to get somebody in because last season wasn’t good enough’ on 14:59 - Aug 9 by BrixtonBlue

Can you find me a quote from any other manager (apart from one resigning) who comes out and implies they haven't been good enough?

It also doesn't matter what he says (or the people bleating on here about what he says). The proof will be in the start of next season. Deeds are more important than words.

But I doubt there are any other managers out there who have failed at their job for nearly 2 seasons. Let alone go on the sort of form we did from November 2019 and still keep their job.

Edit
Re your last point, deeds are very much more important than words, which is quite apt seeing that Lambert has fed us all loads of words and fook all of substance in his time here.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 15:21]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024