Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The product 20,000 of us pay for 23:26 - Aug 7 with 7126 viewsBlueNomad

has to be the same as a club that has 4000 customers. That is basically what has been agreed.

Please don’t turn this into a rant about the manager, team’s performance or ME. It is grossly unfair on clubs like us, Portsmouth and Sunderland in terms of revenue and expenditure. On those basic terms it is staggering and I can’t see it even being considered in other industries.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2020 23:27]
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:27 - Aug 7 with 6790 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope the clubs who voted for both the season ending early and the wage cap get us, Sunderland and Portsmouth before fans are allowed back.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 0:09]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:53 - Aug 7 with 6696 viewsPinewoodblue

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:27 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

I hope the clubs who voted for both the season ending early and the wage cap get us, Sunderland and Portsmouth before fans are allowed back.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 0:09]

Starting with Peterborough

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:54 - Aug 7 with 6678 viewsSitfcB

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:53 - Aug 7 by Pinewoodblue

Starting with Peterborough

Eh? Peterborough didn’t want the season to end or the wage cap.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:12 - Aug 8 with 6531 viewsbournemouthblue

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 23:54 - Aug 7 by SitfcB

Eh? Peterborough didn’t want the season to end or the wage cap.

Yes so ignore Peterborough

They maybe better placed to deal with it than us but they are essentially one of the big boys

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:43 - Aug 8 with 6507 viewsChrisd

Appreciate that the decision is still very raw and we’re still trying to process it, but let’s not fool ourselves a salary cap is desperately needed in football to maintain club’s longevity in all professional leagues, although it would’ve been better for us to have a little bit more to manage with in L1. We can moan about it all we want, I doubt much will change but what’s more important is as a club what and how are we going to manage things in going forwards. It seems to be me, more focus will be needed in better recruitment, coaching and managing of our sides on the field and the ability to think creatively and planning off the field by our leaders at the club are now vital. These might be more the pressing issues we should be concerned with currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:46 - Aug 8 with 6505 viewstextbackup

everyone can moan and cry about this as much as the like, end of the day had the owner funded and picked better managers in the last 2/3 years, and the players not downed tools then we as supporters would find ourselves in this position.
only have those we support weekly to blame

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:07 - Aug 8 with 6471 viewsbournemouthblue

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:43 - Aug 8 by Chrisd

Appreciate that the decision is still very raw and we’re still trying to process it, but let’s not fool ourselves a salary cap is desperately needed in football to maintain club’s longevity in all professional leagues, although it would’ve been better for us to have a little bit more to manage with in L1. We can moan about it all we want, I doubt much will change but what’s more important is as a club what and how are we going to manage things in going forwards. It seems to be me, more focus will be needed in better recruitment, coaching and managing of our sides on the field and the ability to think creatively and planning off the field by our leaders at the club are now vital. These might be more the pressing issues we should be concerned with currently.

The problem with the cap as you say is the numbers currently, it's two low

Secondly, for it to work properly it requires sensible numbers being applied to both the Championship and the Premier League which they almost certainly won't be

To go from £2.5 million in League One to £18 million in the Championship is some jump

I fear it's just going to mean Championship clubs can plunder League One of it's talent on the cheap

And League One is going to be reduced to an academy league

I expect the prospect of a League Three for Premier League Academies to be considered again with this being the case
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 7:13]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:10 - Aug 8 with 6467 viewsbrogansnose

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:46 - Aug 8 by textbackup

everyone can moan and cry about this as much as the like, end of the day had the owner funded and picked better managers in the last 2/3 years, and the players not downed tools then we as supporters would find ourselves in this position.
only have those we support weekly to blame

You're not far off with that Texty. I'd say its down to Evans coming into a business that he really didn't have an understanding of, picking dreadful managers and when he did have one not back him. We've been continually down grading the playing staff for years, especially in recent times, and its led to here. All I can see for us is a club is one that develops young players to get picked off by those in the Championship. Forget the bad timing and bad luck schizzle, its been a long drawn out slide into nowhere and one person has presided over that.

But yeah, it could be a lot worse but for our owner.....................right.
Login to get fewer ads

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:25 - Aug 8 with 6419 viewstextbackup

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:10 - Aug 8 by brogansnose

You're not far off with that Texty. I'd say its down to Evans coming into a business that he really didn't have an understanding of, picking dreadful managers and when he did have one not back him. We've been continually down grading the playing staff for years, especially in recent times, and its led to here. All I can see for us is a club is one that develops young players to get picked off by those in the Championship. Forget the bad timing and bad luck schizzle, its been a long drawn out slide into nowhere and one person has presided over that.

But yeah, it could be a lot worse but for our owner.....................right.

ill never understand how people can be such big MM fans, and at the same time not slate ME - had ME backed MM we'd have more than likely gone up that season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:57 - Aug 8 with 6343 viewsbrogansnose

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 07:25 - Aug 8 by textbackup

ill never understand how people can be such big MM fans, and at the same time not slate ME - had ME backed MM we'd have more than likely gone up that season

Totally. If not that season then support a proven manager the next, but chuff all happened. Then the rot really did set in on and off the pitch.
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 08:10 - Aug 8 with 6303 views26_Paz

The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. The EFL are a joke and a disgrace.

The Paz Man

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 08:36 - Aug 8 with 6244 viewsdissboy2

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 06:43 - Aug 8 by Chrisd

we're stuffed then
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 08:44 - Aug 8 with 6235 viewsGuthrum

If the wages/benefits/conditions are the same, do you think an ambitious footballer would prefer to play in front of 20,000 fans or 4,000?

It's not as if our revenue was actually covering the wage bill, which might have justified it a bit.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 09:16 - Aug 8 with 6161 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wouldnt it be awful if all clubs competed on an equal footing?

Strangely that is the way the richest leagues in the world operate (NFL & NBA) - and it seems to work

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 09:21 - Aug 8 with 6151 viewsDanTheMan

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 09:16 - Aug 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Strangely that is the way the richest leagues in the world operate (NFL & NBA) - and it seems to work

Because they have no relegation or promotion, and use a draft system to assign young players to clubs.

It's a completely different system.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 09:54 - Aug 8 with 6098 viewsGuthrum

Um, they might use the draft to hire new young players from the college game, but eyewatering wages and transfer deals still give advantage to the richest franchises.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 5949 viewsJohnny_Boy

You can’t compare American franchise sports that use Draft systems for recruitment - with no promotion or relegation - to European football pyramids. A really rather silly comparison.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 11:30]
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:00 - Aug 8 with 5832 viewsClapham_Junction

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 08:44 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

If the wages/benefits/conditions are the same, do you think an ambitious footballer would prefer to play in front of 20,000 fans or 4,000?

It's not as if our revenue was actually covering the wage bill, which might have justified it a bit.

Maybe the bigger clubs will also be able to spend some of their excess revenue on things like cleaning their stadium roofs regularly.
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:17 - Aug 8 with 5799 viewsSuperCoops

I'm gonna put this out there. The "small" clubs mentioned, are also the clubs that haven't got themselves into over £90m+ worth of debt stretching beyond their means and 'chasing the dream' like football has allowed itself to do.

Ever thought this is an ideal chance for clubs to have a wake up call and stop spending in a way that you or I would never do with our own finances?

Football has been out of control for a long time and the amounts of monies being thrown around with transfers and wages, in particular, have been absurd and dangerous for the game as it's not sustainable.

If this scheme goes someway to rectifying that and getting clubs to be realistic and live a bit more within their means (hopefully a knock on effect is the cost of the game to the fans will also reduce too), then I personally don't think it'd such a bad idea.

Remind us, irrespective of who it is owed to, how much our own debt is? That needs to be addressed and stopping excessive wages will help that.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 13:19]
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:17 - Aug 8 with 5797 viewsDennyx4

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 08:44 - Aug 8 by Guthrum

I think location will come into this much more, rather than attendance figures.
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:53 - Aug 8 with 5756 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So what happens to the extra revenue we get above the say 4000 crowds?

It’s time as supporters to boycott the away games which at present boost their coffers!
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 14:50 - Aug 8 with 5681 viewsElephantintheRoom

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:53 - Aug 8 by BtreeBlueBlood

It’s time as supporters to boycott the away games which at present boost their coffers!

Perhaps it could go towards paying off the £100 million debt?

Or some white paint for the aacademy playing fields?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 15:08 - Aug 8 with 5651 viewsSuperCoops

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:53 - Aug 8 by BtreeBlueBlood

The fact you ask that shows the extent of football's problems. Spend spend spend. It's no wonder clubs are in such debt, ours is another example.

For all you ME haters, maybe then this will cause the debt to lower and the club might become a more appealing purchase for someone.
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 5553 viewsdickie

The product 20,000 of us pay for on 13:17 - Aug 8 by SuperCoops

I'm gonna put this out there. The "small" clubs mentioned, are also the clubs that haven't got themselves into over £90m+ worth of debt stretching beyond their means and 'chasing the dream' like football has allowed itself to do.

Ever thought this is an ideal chance for clubs to have a wake up call and stop spending in a way that you or I would never do with our own finances?

Football has been out of control for a long time and the amounts of monies being thrown around with transfers and wages, in particular, have been absurd and dangerous for the game as it's not sustainable.

If this scheme goes someway to rectifying that and getting clubs to be realistic and live a bit more within their means (hopefully a knock on effect is the cost of the game to the fans will also reduce too), then I personally don't think it'd such a bad idea.

Remind us, irrespective of who it is owed to, how much our own debt is? That needs to be addressed and stopping excessive wages will help that.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 13:19]

I agree with your point but surely this salary cap should apply to all four leagues gradually increasing higher up the pyramid? Let's hope the bubble bursts in the Prem and Championship and the playing field gets leveled somewhat.
The product 20,000 of us pay for on 17:29 - Aug 8 with 5488 viewsTieDyedIn95

Marcus Evans decisions lead us to this league though. As much as I disagree with the rules it's his fault for putting us in this position to begin with.

We're in a league where the other teams can both vote not to play their league games because it doesn't suit them and can vote to lower bigger clubs wage bills and it's an absolute shambles. They know exactly what they are up to.

Remember when we had to stay up, were just a few points adrift.... Evans hired PR Paul and gave him a budget where the best players we could afford to bring in were the likes of Quaner, Keane and a half fit Alan Judge. If he wanted us to play in the Championship he would have done more than that.

You get what you deserve in football I am afraid. This is what Evans deserves, not the fans mind, but Evans definitely.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024