Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friendlies 10:39 - Aug 8 with 1255 viewskizaitfc

Any chance fans will be allowed to watch games against small sides where the fans are stood outside?

With government guidance around outside is safer than inside and a chance for smaller clubs to make some money?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Friendlies on 10:44 - Aug 8 with 1241 viewsPhilTWTD

As things stand not. From Needham's website:

"Again we must stress that these matches will be played behind closed doors and urge supporters to stay away.

"It is obviously disappointing that supporters will be unable to attend but we are following the strict guidelines from the Government and The FA and will advise accordingly when the situation changes.

"Fingers crossed supporters may be able to enter grounds for the anticipated league start of Sat 18th Sept but again we will advise accordingly of the current situation."
Friendlies on 10:49 - Aug 8 with 1214 viewsWD19

On this vibe.....did I read that friendlies are outside of the salary cap? Can we bonus appearances in friendlies in the same way we can bonus progression in the FA Cup by giving everyone a 50% bonus?

Surely we can just arrange a friendly against Ipswich wanderers every Thursday and pay the players for paying.....albeit if only a venue appearance before the mass substitutions kick in after 60 seconds.....
Friendlies on 13:21 - Aug 8 with 1092 viewsSuperCoops

Friendlies on 10:49 - Aug 8 by WD19

On this vibe.....did I read that friendlies are outside of the salary cap? Can we bonus appearances in friendlies in the same way we can bonus progression in the FA Cup by giving everyone a 50% bonus?

Surely we can just arrange a friendly against Ipswich wanderers every Thursday and pay the players for paying.....albeit if only a venue appearance before the mass substitutions kick in after 60 seconds.....

Do you "want" the club to kick out more money than it needs to/should do? What benefit would it serve?
Friendlies on 18:38 - Aug 8 with 990 viewsbluewhite

Am puzzled by the original question. "Watch games against small sides where the fans are stood outside"-?

I have watched many local non-league games at the grounds of Needham, Stowmarket, Felixstowe, Bury Town and Ipswich Wanderers. And am pretty certain that none of those pitches are visible to spectators "outside", by which I assume the OP means outside the turnstiles. They are all solidly fenced off, in some cases with a clubhouse situated between the turnstiles and the pitch.

Contrary to what some people imagine, those "small sides" don't exactly play on parks pitches.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2020 18:40]
Friendlies on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 902 viewsTractorCam

Depends how small the side, I went to Bourne Vale today in Chantry and they had a game on which you could watch, because their pitch is next to a pub with no entrance fee so you just sit on the tables outside.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024