Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. 11:31 - Aug 8 with 2283 viewsPinewoodblue

Specifically limiting a squad to 20 players, presumably plus players under 21.

We currently have 24 players aged 21 or over.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 11:57 - Aug 8 with 2211 viewsBrianTablet

I'm not sure why we're so worried.
Having a huge squad of experienced, high-wage players hasn't exactly worked out well.

Let's do it the right way...

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:09 - Aug 8 with 2174 viewskizaitfc

Would they also like 2 a goal headstart against any team that has played in the league above in the past 5 years?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:27 - Aug 8 with 2115 viewsPinewoodblue

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:09 - Aug 8 by kizaitfc

Would they also like 2 a goal headstart against any team that has played in the league above in the past 5 years?

Wouldn’t put it past them, or at least any relegated club receiving parachute payments starts at -5 pts.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:32 - Aug 8 with 2114 viewsgiant_stow

I can see why you're all cross in one way - if you go up, you've got little chance on the face of it, but isn't the principle of this about making the competition both better/more evm and more financially sustainable?

Just seems funny to complain both about the finacial advantage some championship clubs have *and* not being able to use your own finacial advantage within your league.

Also what happens to the spare money not spent on wages? Does it build up to be spent on eventual promotion, or do all get to pay a pitence for your tickets? Or does marcus get some of his money back?!

Not trying to be a wind up - just struggling to understand.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:39 - Aug 8 with 2073 viewsTractorboy24

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:32 - Aug 8 by giant_stow

I can see why you're all cross in one way - if you go up, you've got little chance on the face of it, but isn't the principle of this about making the competition both better/more evm and more financially sustainable?

Just seems funny to complain both about the finacial advantage some championship clubs have *and* not being able to use your own finacial advantage within your league.

Also what happens to the spare money not spent on wages? Does it build up to be spent on eventual promotion, or do all get to pay a pitence for your tickets? Or does marcus get some of his money back?!

The issue in the Championship was teams that were spending money they didn’t have to get up, like Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, this stops larger sides that generate more money from spending that extra revenue.

To use a neutral example, Bradford get an average attendance of 14000+ but are now limited to spending the same on wages to Macclesfield who have an average attendance which is less than a tenth of Bradford’s.
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:42 - Aug 8 with 2062 viewsgiant_stow

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:39 - Aug 8 by Tractorboy24

The issue in the Championship was teams that were spending money they didn’t have to get up, like Derby & Sheffield Wednesday, this stops larger sides that generate more money from spending that extra revenue.

To use a neutral example, Bradford get an average attendance of 14000+ but are now limited to spending the same on wages to Macclesfield who have an average attendance which is less than a tenth of Bradford’s.

But if bradfor go up, can;t they then spend all the money they've saved the next season? I know that's no good for them to getting promoted, but won;t this make for better sporting competition, not based on who's owner is richest?

See what you're saying about previous unfair spending by Derby and co.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:47 - Aug 8 with 2044 viewsTractorboy24

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:42 - Aug 8 by giant_stow

But if bradfor go up, can;t they then spend all the money they've saved the next season? I know that's no good for them to getting promoted, but won;t this make for better sporting competition, not based on who's owner is richest?

See what you're saying about previous unfair spending by Derby and co.

League 2 to League 1 isn’t as bad(£1.25m to £2.5m) but the proposed jump from League 1 to Championship is going to be £15.5m (£2.5m to £18m) teams going up will be coming from such a distant position to the rest of the Championship, it will make the Championship a closed shop pretty much.
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:59 - Aug 8 with 1991 viewsJ2BLUE

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:32 - Aug 8 by giant_stow

You're missing the point. Our problem is with clubs spending fortunes they don't have gambling to get to the Prem. No one has ever had a problem with clubs who get bigger crowds and more income spending more money.

We are being restricted from using the revenue generated by our fan base. If the salary cap was a percentage of income it would be fine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 13:21 - Aug 8 with 1936 viewsDennyx4

So you would be happy being able to spend as much on wages as Wycombe next season?
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 15:10 - Aug 8 with 1824 viewsBlueBadger

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:47 - Aug 8 by Tractorboy24

League 2 to League 1 isn’t as bad(£1.25m to £2.5m) but the proposed jump from League 1 to Championship is going to be £15.5m (£2.5m to £18m) teams going up will be coming from such a distant position to the rest of the Championship, it will make the Championship a closed shop pretty much.

It's a piece of terrifically short-sighted work by EFL clubs as in five years time Championship clubs and the Premier League can say 'well lower league clubs can't compete anyway so we might as well look into creating Premier Leagues One and Two and completely breaking away'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 15:13 - Aug 8 with 1810 viewsBlueBadger

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 11:57 - Aug 8 by BrianTablet

Having a huge squad of experienced, high-wage players hasn't exactly worked out well.

I'm worried because we had all those advantages and the manager still couldn't capitalise. This season he'll actually have to be a proper manager and he doesn't have that in him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 15:19 - Aug 8 with 1804 viewsJDB23

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 12:47 - Aug 8 by Tractorboy24

It's going to be a strange experience for a team being promoted from League 1 to the Championship. The players that got them there will be on around £1-2k per week, clubs like us/Sunderland etc will then have such a big gap in terms of their budget that they will be able to sign players on £10k+ a week. I imagine that will be very disruptive to the team spirit as the guys that got the club promoted will be left on £1-2k unless there are some huge promotion bonus clauses.

Probably won't matter so much to the likes of Wycombe who won't be able to afford those kind of wages anyway.
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1740 viewsDennyx4

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 15:19 - Aug 8 by JDB23

It's going to be a strange experience for a team being promoted from League 1 to the Championship. The players that got them there will be on around £1-2k per week, clubs like us/Sunderland etc will then have such a big gap in terms of their budget that they will be able to sign players on £10k+ a week. I imagine that will be very disruptive to the team spirit as the guys that got the club promoted will be left on £1-2k unless there are some huge promotion bonus clauses.

Probably won't matter so much to the likes of Wycombe who won't be able to afford those kind of wages anyway.

If you go up, you would probably offer new contracts to those that you felt deserved it with a relegation clause in it.

Therefore reward for the promotion, and the wage continues, as long as not relegated.

The issue for me is not necessarily competing once promoted, but the restriction on spending compared to peers in League 1.
League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 17:25 - Aug 8 with 1657 viewsShawsey

League 1 & 2 clubs still looking for further restrictions. on 11:57 - Aug 8 by BrianTablet

15-20 over 21s should be enough for any club squad. Ship the cr@p out. Only potential first X1 players needed. The last thing we need is more squad players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024