Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! 08:13 - Aug 9 with 2041 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/09/two-thirds-of-uks-furloughed-wor

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:20 - Aug 9 with 1996 viewsBluefish

I didnt get furloughed so have had a crazily busy work year but it has been painful hearing people saying they had the best year because they have been on furlough loving life

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:27 - Aug 9 with 1959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:20 - Aug 9 by Bluefish

I didnt get furloughed so have had a crazily busy work year but it has been painful hearing people saying they had the best year because they have been on furlough loving life

......and working!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:29 - Aug 9 with 1951 viewsShawsey

I haven't been furloughed throughout. Unfortunately there will always be those who take advantage rather than those who genuinely need help. It has cost an awful lot for the country, so shame on those who took advantage of it. Selfishness.
Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 09:46 - Aug 9 with 1857 viewsfactual_blue

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:29 - Aug 9 by Shawsey

I haven't been furloughed throughout. Unfortunately there will always be those who take advantage rather than those who genuinely need help. It has cost an awful lot for the country, so shame on those who took advantage of it. Selfishness.

Those who are the most outspoken critics of the nanny state and who extol the virtues of the private sector, will be those who behave in the most fraudulent way.

Invalidity Benefit, a previous iteration of the current assistance for the long-term sick and disabled, was known in the trade as 'a benefit claimed whilst playing golf with your GP'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 10:03 - Aug 9 with 1825 viewsEwan_Oozami

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:29 - Aug 9 by Shawsey

Indeed, like those already rich trade advisor company directors or IT companies who, with the connivance of the Government, fleece the tax payers of hundreds of million pounds and take advantage during that same pandemic....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 10:10 - Aug 9 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 08:20 - Aug 9 by Bluefish

I tend to look at it the other way. Yes it would have been nice to have a long paid holiday, but those being furloughed seem to be in more vulnerable positions (in terms of job security and health when they have to go back) than those of us who can WFH.

Not that there’s a right or wrong way to look at it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 12:37 - Aug 9 with 1730 viewshampstead_blue

I've not done a jot of work for my employer.
I did take on another job but after a week was unwell so haven't worked since.

My employer has been wonderful. No pressure to work at all, even though I asked as I've felt slightly removed from the team.
A weekly zoom is Ok but still left feeling that I'm somewhat detached.

I'm doing some desktop research papers as my part-time work next month.

Am not surprised employers have pressured employees. Sad.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 16:09 - Aug 9 with 1638 viewsGeoffSentence

I have been working throughout and in fact my company has done so well.In the last quarter that they have reinstated the pay rises that they suspended in anticipation of tough covid times AND have given the entire company every Friday in August off.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Thankfully none of our fine board will be in the 87% !! on 17:54 - Aug 9 with 1564 viewsVaughan8

I'm fairly sure there are businesses/companies who are claiming furlough for employees who are still working/part working and claiming the 80% back. I'm not sure how they are going to "test" this looking back (if they even are?)

Maybe once VAT returns / year end accounts are submitted they might have a better idea of who is cheating the system.

As you say, people think everyone on Furlough is having a jolly. Some are not.

Would I have wanted 80% pay for 3/4/5 months. Not really. Luckily I'm in a job where I can work from home. a couple of weeks furlough might have been ok haha
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024