Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened 13:50 - Aug 9 with 3565 viewsBluefish

but it might involve agreeing to pay a few off.

Our squad has a load of exciting kids coming through, presumably more so than any other side in the division. This means we aren't as reliant on having a massive squad of older players and we already have a load that sre capped for this year anyway.

The key is to put the faith in the youth but to settle the contracts of the following to free up room for 1 or 2 good signings in places where we are short (striker and left back)

Judge
Nsiala
Wilson
Edwards

Put the faith in the kids

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 14:54 - Aug 9 with 3470 viewsgordon

I think the salary cap (once it fully comes into effect) might have it's biggest effect on players of the age/quality of Judge, who by next summer probably won't be worth anyone in the Champ taking a punt on, but who also won't be able to pick up a comfortable contract with a larger League One club anymore.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 14:55]
This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 15:56 - Aug 9 with 3404 viewsJDB23

Can't see us settling contracts, especially for the likes of Judge who will be on a fair whack. They won't go anywhere else either as you'd imagine they would have to take half of their salary at another club in this division with the cap now.

I think we're stuck with this squad of players tbh. Even if we tried loaning them out at a % of their wage I don't see it having any effect on the cap given they are already being taken at the £130,000 average.
This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 16:03 - Aug 9 with 3378 viewsbluebud

"This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened"...

....to an owner and manager always on the lookut for something to hide behind!
This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 16:47 - Aug 9 with 3297 viewsKeno

You mean like Factors, ulla and .....

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 3257 viewsITFC_Forever

Wilson is a decent enough squad player to be fair. Wasn’t expecting much from him last season, but was ok.

This wage cap thing is another ready-made excuse for Lamfraud to wheel out.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 17:42 - Aug 9 with 3192 viewsJimmyJazz

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 17:02 - Aug 9 by ITFC_Forever

Wilson is a decent enough squad player to be fair. Wasn’t expecting much from him last season, but was ok.

This wage cap thing is another ready-made excuse for Lamfraud to wheel out.

I'd say it puts more pressure on him - the key now is a good management team who can get the most out of existing squads and youth players

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 19:05 - Aug 9 with 3091 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What it will do, is see an awful lot of players having to end their careers early as they cant get a contract anywhere, and will further unbalance the pyramid system.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 19:14 - Aug 9 with 3064 viewsITFC_Forever

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 19:05 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

What it will do, is see an awful lot of players having to end their careers early as they cant get a contract anywhere, and will further unbalance the pyramid system.

They will be able to get a contract. They just need to be realistic with their expectations.

However, unless the Prem and Champ introduce similar legislation (which they’ve already said they’re not going to do), the gap between L1 and the Champ will increase and as others have said, will pave the way for Prem 1 and 2 and as usual, the world’s most accident prone club are the wrong side of the fence.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:14 - Aug 9 with 3061 viewsITFC_Forever

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 19:05 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Double post somehow.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 19:14]

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 20:13 - Aug 9 with 2948 viewsBlueBadger

You're assuming two big things here :
1: Lambert is a competent football manager
2: Evans is competent football club owner.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 20:56 - Aug 9 with 2887 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Why would you try and pay off Edwards, madness...

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:07 - Aug 9 with 2869 viewsBluefish

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 20:56 - Aug 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

Why would you try and pay off Edwards, madness...

He is one of the worst players I have ever seen and he has no chance of playing so let's free up some wages.

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 2851 viewsitfcjoe

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:07 - Aug 9 by Bluefish

He is one of the worst players I have ever seen and he has no chance of playing so let's free up some wages.

Who has just had the option taken up on his contract, deliberately ahead of any potential salary cap decision

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:19 - Aug 9 with 2842 viewsElderGrizzly

Settling the contracts would make no sense. They currently count as roughly £2k a week each (£113k a year). That’s all we’d save, not their full wages,

And anyone we bring in would count at their full wage.

Would be utterly pointless financially just for the reasons above and I think the payoff would count against the wage bill too.
This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:19 - Aug 9 with 2845 viewstextbackup

i'd fck judge off straight away. complete fcking waste of time last season, personal issues or not, we aren't a charity, especially anymore.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 07:57 - Aug 10 with 2593 viewsArnieM

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:19 - Aug 9 by textbackup

i'd fck judge off straight away. complete fcking waste of time last season, personal issues or not, we aren't a charity, especially anymore.

Couldn’t agree with you more. He’s done absolutely nothing since he’s been here except since about not playing where he thinks he should play. He was ready to jump ship on the back of personal issues which frankly were pathetic , given that London is an hour commute away ( certainly no problem for a professional footballer who has more time on his hands after training than normal working people who have had to make regular journeys to St Ormond St ) . It’s all a bloody smoke screen . We’re now lumbered with an expensive, overrated has-been who’s failed to deliver time and again.

I’d much rather see our youngsters given a crack at it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 07:58 - Aug 10 with 2592 viewsBluefish

This wage cap could be the best thing that has happened on 21:19 - Aug 9 by ElderGrizzly

Settling the contracts would make no sense. They currently count as roughly £2k a week each (£113k a year). That’s all we’d save, not their full wages,

And anyone we bring in would count at their full wage.

Would be utterly pointless financially just for the reasons above and I think the payoff would count against the wage bill too.

It obviously isn't ideal and normally I laugh when twtd talks about releasing players in a contract but it does now make sense if possible. If they are hardly going to play then it frees up spaces and wages albeit at the capped amount. We would need to release them all and then bring in 1 or 2 players. If we are at our max already then something has to give

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024