Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Ward training with us 11:24 - Aug 10 with 3640 viewsitfcjoe

Guess that tells you what you need to know about Garbutt - this would be a very good addition.

Highly experienced and good quality player

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:25 - Aug 10 with 2601 viewsfactual_blue

Is he bringing Christine and Mandy with him?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:26 - Aug 10 with 2576 viewsJackPITFC

Good Player, lots of experience, if we are going to have to revert to having a younger squad, senior players play a vital part.
Stephen Ward training with us on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 2558 viewsSomethingBlue

35 in 10 days' time ... would still worry a bit that left-back is juggle between an ageing (but decent) player and someone in Kenlock who isn't quite up to it. We never quite get the profile of that position right, ever.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 2534 viewsCoco

He may be 34 but is that gnarly old pro we lack. Chambers and Skuse are old but not seasoned - this was highlight when we got Walters back who look on a different level physically.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 2534 viewshype313

Someone's already updated his Wiki...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 2454 viewsJDB23

Could be an OK stop gap for a year although not sure how this fits into the '5 point plan'.
Stephen Ward training with us on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 2398 viewsKeno

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:25 - Aug 10 by factual_blue

he can rub people upon the wrong way tho

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 2396 viewsitfcjoe

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:27 - Aug 10 by SomethingBlue

35 in 10 days' time ... would still worry a bit that left-back is juggle between an ageing (but decent) player and someone in Kenlock who isn't quite up to it. We never quite get the profile of that position right, ever.

I think we do have some quality inn that position coming through, maybe a stop gap is what we need

Kenlock
Nydam potentially
Bailey Clements
Tommy Smith
Albie Armin (1st year scholar who would have been in England squads but for injury)

Maybe Corrie Ndaba needs to shift that way with a nice left foot and maybe not concentration levels to play centrally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 2319 viewsHipsterectomy

I would be happy with this but I hope we aren't going all out for promotion this year with older signings like this. If we managed to get promoted and then be stuck with a bunch of older players, or older players who leave after a season, it doesn't help us long term in the slightest.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:44 - Aug 10 with 2299 viewsParky

The thoughts of him and Chambers on our left hand side of defence is not a nice thought for a Monday morning.
Stephen Ward training with us on 11:48 - Aug 10 with 2254 viewsArnieM

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:37 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

I think we do have some quality inn that position coming through, maybe a stop gap is what we need

Kenlock
Nydam potentially
Bailey Clements
Tommy Smith
Albie Armin (1st year scholar who would have been in England squads but for injury)

Maybe Corrie Ndaba needs to shift that way with a nice left foot and maybe not concentration levels to play centrally

I’d have Nydam in ahead of Kenlock now tbh.... I know he’s been injured but he seems a much better prospect. Initially I had high hope for Kenlock when Knudsen left but he seems to have gone backwards. Can’t recall the last time I saw him play .....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:48 - Aug 10 with 2257 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I'm from that area originally, and most of my family still live there, half of the family are ST holders at Stoke, and I know there is another lad from Stoke on here who I have had a chat with before.

Message directly from the ST holder there said "Not that good with us but would be ok with you. Didn't really settle in or given a chance really"

I wouldn't be adverse to a one year deal on this one considering how much we need a left back and how the market is at the moment.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:48 - Aug 10 with 2250 viewstractorboy1978

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:43 - Aug 10 by Hipsterectomy

I would be happy with this but I hope we aren't going all out for promotion this year with older signings like this. If we managed to get promoted and then be stuck with a bunch of older players, or older players who leave after a season, it doesn't help us long term in the slightest.

I wonder if the thinking is he's a good player to have around for a year for the likes of Smith, Clements, Armin, Kenlock, Nydam to learn from - whilst still having something to offer playing wise at this level.

Similar with Graham re Folami/Morris.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 11:50]
We're in the 3rd Division.... on 11:49 - Aug 10 with 2226 viewsBloots

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:44 - Aug 10 by Parky

The thoughts of him and Chambers on our left hand side of defence is not a nice thought for a Monday morning.

....not the Champions League

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:50 - Aug 10 with 2219 viewsSwansea_Blue

We always sign the Oirish.

Keane OUT!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At least Shambert appreciates that we..... on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 2212 viewsBloots

....need a left back.

Played about 15 games in The Championship last season, before getting injured (classic), but came back after lockdown and played 1 game.

I'd take him for a year in the absence of anything else being likely.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 2205 viewsWallingford_Boy

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:44 - Aug 10 by Parky

What do you have against Ward?

We are in L1, not the Prem.

Very tidy player who played almost half his sides games in a higher division last season.

RIP Sir Bobby

At least Shambert appreciates that we..... on 11:53 - Aug 10 with 2199 viewsSwansea_Blue

At least Shambert appreciates that we..... on 11:52 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....need a left back.

Played about 15 games in The Championship last season, before getting injured (classic), but came back after lockdown and played 1 game.

I'd take him for a year in the absence of anything else being likely.

Agreed. Might help steady things at the back a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 2182 viewsChrisd

I think this is a good option too. It might tell us about the likely outcome of the Garbutt situation, but it also shows that PL had/has a back up plan.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:56 - Aug 10 with 2153 viewspatrickswell

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:32 - Aug 10 by JDB23

Could be an OK stop gap for a year although not sure how this fits into the '5 point plan'.

"A few select additions..." - Our Fearless Leader, April 2018.
Stephen Ward training with us on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 2137 viewsParky

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:52 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

What do you have against Ward?

We are in L1, not the Prem.

Very tidy player who played almost half his sides games in a higher division last season.

Every time I have seen him in the last couple of years, he has looked past it by a long way. 35-years old next week.

Just a waste of whatever small chunk of the wage cap we have left imo, he isn’t going to be here for any longer than a season, so we’re going to be in the exact same boat looking for a left back next season.

A quick search of his name on Twitter doesn’t shine him in the best light from his most recent time at Stoke.

Edit - Please see replies to tweets.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 11:59]
Stephen Ward training with us on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 2072 viewsSuperblue95

He’s crap, but probably still a significant upgrade on Kenlock

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Stephen Ward training with us on 12:07 - Aug 10 with 2068 viewsMullet

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:27 - Aug 10 by SomethingBlue

As I said on twitter though it could be a Mark Kennedy type signing, allowing the youngsters a bit more freedom knowing someone trusty and no frills is there to help them take risks.

A bit like how Mings developed thanks to Tabb.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stephen Ward training with us on 12:12 - Aug 10 with 2002 views66notout

Stephen Ward training with us on 11:25 - Aug 10 by factual_blue

Blimey, how old are you? That was 59 years ago.
Stephen Ward training with us on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 1955 viewscrossyitfc

Reckon he could still do a job at Championship level, so it's a yes from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024