Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hot innit 22:48 - Aug 10 with 6779 viewsSitfcB

Weather app says it’s currently 22° in Ipswich with 77% humidity.

Midnight to 2am 21°
3am 20°
4/5/6 19°

Crazy.

I don’t mind the heat but not at night!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hot innit on 22:49 - Aug 10 with 6765 viewsCoco

I always try to turn up the heat at night.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Hot innit on 22:55 - Aug 10 with 6741 viewsStokieBlue

26C here at the moment according to the BBC.

Ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hot innit on 22:59 - Aug 10 with 6736 viewsDebsyAngel

Unbearable - had the curtains shut at the front and open them when the sun goes round, windows all open, a fan blowing air through - still like a furnace and trying to exercise in it is hell.

To think I loved sunbathing in similar temperatures in the 80s!!
Hot innit on 23:16 - Aug 10 with 6702 viewsSpruceMoose

Hot innit on 22:55 - Aug 10 by StokieBlue

26C here at the moment according to the BBC.

Ridiculous.

SB

*checks thermometer*

34c. At 6:15pm

Kill me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hot innit on 23:22 - Aug 10 with 6673 viewsStokieBlue

Hot innit on 23:16 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

*checks thermometer*

34c. At 6:15pm

Kill me.

You've still got time for it to drop a bit, it's 11.30pm here.

Aren't you living the American dream with a giant AC unit bolted unappealingly to the side of your abode?

SB

Hot innit on 23:38 - Aug 10 with 6645 viewsBergholt_Blue

Just started raining here lovely and cool

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

Hot innit on 23:43 - Aug 10 with 6636 viewsdominiciawful

Think my elbow cleavage might develop a fungus from the constant moisture.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Hot innit on 23:44 - Aug 10 with 6631 viewsJ2BLUE

Hot innit on 23:38 - Aug 10 by Bergholt_Blue

Just started raining here lovely and cool

I plan to go and stand in the rain next time it happens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Hot innit on 05:08 - Aug 11 with 6514 viewsIllinoisblue

Genuine question, are any new homes in the UK built with air conditioning?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hot innit on 07:56 - Aug 11 with 6432 viewsStokieBlue

Hot innit on 05:08 - Aug 11 by Illinoisblue

Probably but not many, in general there is no need.

They are also a horrible feedback loop. Use AC everywhere to stay cool but they use loads of power so add to emissions which then adds to the warning through climate change.

SB

Hot innit on 08:12 - Aug 11 with 6407 viewswkj

I am getting one installed next years. The last 3 summers have been hot in concentrated bursts and my computing equipment for work is chugging in the office. Should cast around 3 grand for it to be installed (split system)

You can get portables, but I tend to stay away as they are really not all that good at efficiency, as the heat is generated from an internal unit and escapes through the hose, as well as other more complicated ways it generates heat transference.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hot innit on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 6336 viewsPendejo

Doubt it

However, I believe construction styles are changing to keep homes cooler. Saw an article on tv. Something to do with shading windows to stop heat building up inside, hence windows being more recessed... Though could also have been a Stockton and red wine fuelled dream after watching grand designs.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Might be too hot. (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 11 with 6326 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Hot innit on 09:37 - Aug 11 with 6321 viewsOldsmoker

They still favour wall-mounted radiators fed by pipes connected to a boiler.
Gas boilers are banned from 2025 on new builds so they'll just be replaced by electric boilers.
I don't know why we still persist with wall-mounted rads. Every house I've owned has meant that the furniture layout is almost always dictated by where the rad is. When you move house that rad in the hall/corridor turns out to be an obstacle and a real pain to get past.
The only house I've seen with air-con was a friend from school (that's 1960's) whose architect dad designed and built his own house. It was powered by oil which was cheap at the time as the 70's oil crisis was yet to happen. It had vents on the floor by the skirting boards on all sides of the room. It blew cold air into the house during the summer through a heat exchanger which meant the hedge outside by the exhaust was brown and dying.
If new homes are built with air-con then it's seen as a gimmick not a must-have.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hot innit on 09:59 - Aug 11 with 6291 viewseastangliaisblue

Hot innit on 09:37 - Aug 11 by Oldsmoker

Gas boilers are banned from 2025 on new builds so they'll just be replaced by electric boilers.
I don't know why we still persist with wall-mounted rads. Every house I've owned has meant that the furniture layout is almost always dictated by where the rad is. When you move house that rad in the hall/corridor turns out to be an obstacle and a real pain to get past.
The only house I've seen with air-con was a friend from school (that's 1960's) whose architect dad designed and built his own house. It was powered by oil which was cheap at the time as the 70's oil crisis was yet to happen. It had vents on the floor by the skirting boards on all sides of the room. It blew cold air into the house during the summer through a heat exchanger which meant the hedge outside by the exhaust was brown and dying.
If new homes are built with air-con then it's seen as a gimmick not a must-have.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine installed those shutter blinds in his bedroom. His bedroom is like a furnace in this type of weather. He now says having his bedroom window open, with the opposite panel open and the rest closed, has made a massive difference to the temperature in his bedroom.
Hot innit on 10:04 - Aug 11 with 6281 viewsWallingford_Boy

Hot innit on 22:49 - Aug 10 by Coco

I always try to turn up the heat at night.

I just turned the air con up a notch, sorted.

RIP Sir Bobby

Hot innit on 10:12 - Aug 11 with 6268 viewsOldsmoker

Hot innit on 09:59 - Aug 11 by eastangliaisblue

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine installed those shutter blinds in his bedroom. His bedroom is like a furnace in this type of weather. He now says having his bedroom window open, with the opposite panel open and the rest closed, has made a massive difference to the temperature in his bedroom.

UK Air-con = open a window.
Cheap but not burglar proof.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Hot innit on 10:20 - Aug 11 with 6253 viewsCoastalblue

Hot innit on 09:37 - Aug 11 by Oldsmoker

I spoke with a guy about three or four years ago looking to bring a product to market that was in effect underfloor heating, though it was also fine to be installed in walls.

They were sheets, or more like pads really that were installed that heated up when voltage was passed through them, nothing revolutionary there, but they also had a 'resting temperature' that was quite cool when unpowered and he claimed that they would significantly lower the temperature in a room.

He was talking to me about taking the stauff to market, at the time they were a way off so I passed up, I'll have to look see if they are available now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hot innit on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 6247 viewsbournemouthblue

It feels like it, humidity is always unpleasant

I'm not sure how accurate it is but Ipswich Weather is always worth a look
http://ipswichweather.co.uk
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 10:22]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hot innit on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 6231 viewsbournemouthblue

Hot innit on 07:56 - Aug 11 by StokieBlue

Probably but not many, in general there is no need.

They are also a horrible feedback loop. Use AC everywhere to stay cool but they use loads of power so add to emissions which then adds to the warning through climate change.

SB

What if that is balanced with solar panels on the roof?

I genuinely don't understand why new builds don't have solar installed as standard? Surely it would reduce the need for more power stations needed to be built? You then have a decentralised system which can pump energy back into the national grid or would it be weak against surges etc?

Who loses out if this was done because from what I can see, we have the French running a lot of our power stations and the Chinese set to build them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hot innit on 10:30 - Aug 11 with 6226 viewsitfcjoe

Doubt you'd get them through planning and building regulations

They keep getting stricter, and ends up with things like bigger cavity insulations and floor slabs, solar panels, ground source heat pumps, rainwater harvesters etc

You'd have to offset it so far to allow for it to hit the greener targets on the other side that it just is almost unviable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hot innit on 16:10 - Aug 11 with 6095 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Hot innit on 10:30 - Aug 11 by itfcjoe

Doubt you'd get them through planning and building regulations

They keep getting stricter, and ends up with things like bigger cavity insulations and floor slabs, solar panels, ground source heat pumps, rainwater harvesters etc

You'd have to offset it so far to allow for it to hit the greener targets on the other side that it just is almost unviable

Try and listen to this and imagine I am at Weymouth beach where it is nice and windy and I am able to walk out into the sea at low tide or locally to Felixstowe with a cooling onshore breeze.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024