Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our press is an embarrassment 12:04 - Aug 11 with 2876 viewsmonytowbray

Imagine if they could be bothered to go to the same lengths to hold the f’ing government to account?!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:07 - Aug 11 with 2836 viewsSomethingBlue

We live in really, really worrying times. The last few days have been quite terrifying. Millions of people are being had but either don't know, don't care or a combination of both.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:09 - Aug 11 with 2789 viewsJ2BLUE

I got a Sky News alert on my phone earlier today. Something like 'Migrants cheer UK as dinghies cross the Channel'.

They left out the bit about immediately turning them over the coastguard and probably having them sent straight back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:09 - Aug 11 with 2774 viewsLibero

Disgusting distraction tactics.
Our press is an embarrassment on 12:40 - Aug 11 with 2665 viewsmonytowbray

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:07 - Aug 11 by SomethingBlue

We live in really, really worrying times. The last few days have been quite terrifying. Millions of people are being had but either don't know, don't care or a combination of both.

But can we call it “fascism” yet?!

TWTD never forgets…

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:44 - Aug 11 with 2646 viewsHerbivore

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:07 - Aug 11 by SomethingBlue

It's incredible isn't it? The government clicks its fingers and says we're all going to point the finger at migrants now so we don't pay attention to what a mess they are making of the Covid crisis, and the press immediately falls into line and starts focusing on migrants.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:53 - Aug 11 with 2592 viewsLibero

Our press is an embarrassment on 12:44 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

It's incredible isn't it? The government clicks its fingers and says we're all going to point the finger at migrants now so we don't pay attention to what a mess they are making of the Covid crisis, and the press immediately falls into line and starts focusing on migrants.

Also see, the Maddie McCann story they disingenuously reported.
Our press is an embarrassment on 13:12 - Aug 11 with 2521 viewsLankHenners

And all started from Farage whining about it. Anyone who thought his influence had expired after the referendum was a fool.

The press treatment of this is embarrassing - it's the sort of thing some 'edgy' youtuber would do and get yelled at into making an apology for. It adds nothing to the story and only reinforces the racist 'othering' of migrants which feeds through to the electorate and will only kick the country further into the gutter.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:13 - Aug 11 with 2516 viewspointofblue

Shall we help a crowded boat full of desperate and tired people? Nope, let’s stick a microphone under their noses...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:14 - Aug 11 with 2512 viewsmonytowbray

And people wonder why I'm so in love with the phrase "Bootlicker"?!

It's an utter mess, they say jump and a large chunk of the population says HOW HIGH?

Meanwhile, this is going on on top of every other crooked thing the powers that be have done...

(Thread, click)

TWTD never forgets…

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:15 - Aug 11 with 2498 viewsMullet

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:12 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

And all started from Farage whining about it. Anyone who thought his influence had expired after the referendum was a fool.

The press treatment of this is embarrassing - it's the sort of thing some 'edgy' youtuber would do and get yelled at into making an apology for. It adds nothing to the story and only reinforces the racist 'othering' of migrants which feeds through to the electorate and will only kick the country further into the gutter.

I think he has had a resurgence because Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is now a refugee with a libel case to fight, so out of the picture.

There are a lot of angry people who voted for Johnson and realise he has messed up very badly. This is the perfect distraction, and it allows Nigel to be the useful idiot again by taking their short-sighted gaze off the government with a problem they can be seen to be trying to fight easier than a microscopic virus.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:17 - Aug 11 with 2483 viewsHerbivore

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:14 - Aug 11 by monytowbray

And people wonder why I'm so in love with the phrase "Bootlicker"?!

It's an utter mess, they say jump and a large chunk of the population says HOW HIGH?

Meanwhile, this is going on on top of every other crooked thing the powers that be have done...

(Thread, click)

I'm not sure how helpful it is to call people bootlickers repeatedly to be honest. It doesn't really help to make a point and it won't do anything other than further entrench divisions.

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:28 - Aug 11 with 2414 viewsLankHenners

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:15 - Aug 11 by Mullet

I think he has had a resurgence because Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is now a refugee with a libel case to fight, so out of the picture.

There are a lot of angry people who voted for Johnson and realise he has messed up very badly. This is the perfect distraction, and it allows Nigel to be the useful idiot again by taking their short-sighted gaze off the government with a problem they can be seen to be trying to fight easier than a microscopic virus.

SYL has always been seen as too much of a thug for any politician to seriously align themselves with him. Farage has always managed to carry himself as serious enough to get the right people to listen.

Agree it's a tap-in for the government to appease people that might be losing patience with them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:31 - Aug 11 with 2397 viewsHerbivore

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:28 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

SYL has always been seen as too much of a thug for any politician to seriously align themselves with him. Farage has always managed to carry himself as serious enough to get the right people to listen.

Agree it's a tap-in for the government to appease people that might be losing patience with them.

I wonder whether it's also softening up his base for an increasingly likely no deal Brexit and that chaos that will follow.

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:32 - Aug 11 with 2381 viewsmonytowbray

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:17 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I'm not sure how helpful it is to call people bootlickers repeatedly to be honest. It doesn't really help to make a point and it won't do anything other than further entrench divisions.

Well, facts and appealing to their humanity hasn't worked over the last decade.

TWTD never forgets…

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:33 - Aug 11 with 2377 viewspointofblue

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:31 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

I wonder whether it's also softening up his base for an increasingly likely no deal Brexit and that chaos that will follow.

More likely softening up for a potential deal; I would have thought the base voters want a no deal Brexit?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:36 - Aug 11 with 2352 viewsthebooks

Yes, even the BBC 10 o’clock news coverage last night was hairily “how do we stop these people?”, very much toeing the gov line, following their agenda.
Our press is an embarrassment on 13:36 - Aug 11 with 2350 viewsHerbivore

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:32 - Aug 11 by monytowbray

Well, facts and appealing to their humanity hasn't worked over the last decade.

And you think calling them bootlickers will be effective?

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:38 - Aug 11 with 2337 viewsHerbivore

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:33 - Aug 11 by pointofblue

More likely softening up for a potential deal; I would have thought the base voters want a no deal Brexit?

There's a lot of leave voters who are wary of no deal given the impact it will have on the economy. The most rabid Brexiteers are up for it but they represent a relatively small part of the population. You could be right of course, it might be a way of selling closer cooperation in order to protect our borders but that's a tough old sell to the minority of loons.

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:42 - Aug 11 with 2288 viewsMullet

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:28 - Aug 11 by LankHenners

True, but he is essentially silenced for now and would probably split the frothers' attention.

Given Nige was stood on beaches all lockdown and essentially getting laughed at and visited by the police it all seems curious that suddenly he's front and centre now doesn't it?

It's results day Thursday this week and next, that's going to be the next big scandal by the look.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:42 - Aug 11 with 2286 viewsbournemouthblue

You do wonder what the Tories are trying to cover up with a sudden focus on this issue which they have done nothing to address

This is 100% grandstanding and nothing to do with the political will to tackle it imho

Wasn't there a story about a massive PPE contact which looked highly suspect, coming out only a few days ago?

Colour me surprised if it isn't a simple diversion tactic

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Our press is an embarrassment on 14:24 - Aug 11 with 2160 viewsmonytowbray

Our press is an embarrassment on 13:36 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

And you think calling them bootlickers will be effective?

I mean, they are basically government cucks. I could use that one but kink shaming ain't cool.

TWTD never forgets…

Our press is an embarrassment on 14:44 - Aug 11 with 2117 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints

https://www.ipso.co.uk/complain/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024