Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieffer to Cardiff 12:42 - Aug 12 with 4405 viewsChris_ITFC

Any sell-on?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:52 - Aug 12 with 4336 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That Wigan would owe us after we sold him to Barnsley before the sold him to Wigan?
I do hope so.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:55 - Aug 12 with 4310 viewsuefacup81

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:52 - Aug 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

That Wigan would owe us after we sold him to Barnsley before the sold him to Wigan?
I do hope so.

If Wigan have a sell-on then we'll get a cut of that. It'll likely be pennies though.

I think the fee Wigan paid was undisclosed, but let's assume (for ease of maths) it was £1m.

At £2m Wigan would make £1m profit. On a 10% sell-on, £100k of that would go to Barnsley, and we'd get £10k of that.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:59 - Aug 12 with 4288 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:55 - Aug 12 by uefacup81

If Wigan have a sell-on then we'll get a cut of that. It'll likely be pennies though.

I think the fee Wigan paid was undisclosed, but let's assume (for ease of maths) it was £1m.

At £2m Wigan would make £1m profit. On a 10% sell-on, £100k of that would go to Barnsley, and we'd get £10k of that.

£10k or £500k the only 're-investment' that'll happen with it is to reduce ME's input.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 4259 viewsElderGrizzly

Kieffer to Cardiff on 12:55 - Aug 12 by uefacup81

Wigan paid £3m to Barnsley apparently
Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 4258 viewsChris_ITFC

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:04 - Aug 12 with 4253 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:03 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Wigan paid £3m to Barnsley apparently

So do we have to give Barnsley some money back? When do we get our friendly with Lazio?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:15 - Aug 12 with 4204 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick could spot a player

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:22 - Aug 12 with 4179 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:15 - Aug 12 by Illinoisblue

Mick could spot a player

Just not play him.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:50 - Aug 12 with 4095 viewsPJH

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:22 - Aug 12 by OsborneOneNil

Just not play him.

No, just played people like Pitman, McGoldrick, Sears and Lawrence instead-ridiculous.
Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:52 - Aug 12 with 4089 viewsCoco

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:15 - Aug 12 by Illinoisblue

Mick could spot a player

He could spot literally hundreds. A few came off. Good on him.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 4064 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:52 - Aug 12 by Coco

I know you weren't a fan, but his strike rate was good in the market he was working in. Players we actually spent fees on generally went on to be sold for significantly more than we paid for them.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:01 - Aug 12 with 4042 viewsCoco

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:55 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

I know you weren't a fan, but his strike rate was good in the market he was working in. Players we actually spent fees on generally went on to be sold for significantly more than we paid for them.

I liked him although he is a bit of a narcissist - I didn't like his football. Appreciate why it was that way blah blah but it was horrible. He did find a few good men but also an awful lot of utter tosh. I do appreciate with the budget he had to sift through a lot of dirt to find gold though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 4009 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:01 - Aug 12 by Coco

I liked him although he is a bit of a narcissist - I didn't like his football. Appreciate why it was that way blah blah but it was horrible. He did find a few good men but also an awful lot of utter tosh. I do appreciate with the budget he had to sift through a lot of dirt to find gold though.

The tosh was mainly the freebies though, and they are always going to be punts. If you add up what he spent on Mings, Moore, Waghorn, Webster, and Garner for example and then compare that with what we got back for them it's pretty eye watering. And a few of the freebies were very good signings for us too, and in Murphy we turned a freebie into a £3.5m player in a couple of years. Not bad going on the whole. Kind of the opposite of the managers before and since in terms of transfer business.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:12 - Aug 12 with 3994 viewsCoco

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:09 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

The tosh was mainly the freebies though, and they are always going to be punts. If you add up what he spent on Mings, Moore, Waghorn, Webster, and Garner for example and then compare that with what we got back for them it's pretty eye watering. And a few of the freebies were very good signings for us too, and in Murphy we turned a freebie into a £3.5m player in a couple of years. Not bad going on the whole. Kind of the opposite of the managers before and since in terms of transfer business.

I will struggle to deny that. The personality of all those players is the thing we lack most.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:14 - Aug 12 with 3986 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:12 - Aug 12 by Coco

I will struggle to deny that. The personality of all those players is the thing we lack most.

Proper blokes.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:50 - Aug 12 with 3925 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:14 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Proper blokes.

Good forearms.
Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:51 - Aug 12 with 3921 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:50 - Aug 12 by PJH

No, just played people like Pitman, McGoldrick, Sears and Lawrence instead-ridiculous.

He did sell him, as he didn't like him as a player. You know that?
Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:51 - Aug 12 with 3920 viewshoppy

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:14 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Proper blokes.

Good forearms?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:54 - Aug 12 with 3902 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:51 - Aug 12 by hoppy

Good forearms?

Beat you to it, Hoppy ;)
Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:57 - Aug 12 with 3889 viewsPJH

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:51 - Aug 12 by OsborneOneNil

He did sell him, as he didn't like him as a player. You know that?

Yes, at the time he was not good enough to get into our first team.
I don't think that it was just MM that thought at the time that he was not good enough to get into our first team although as I remember it Kieffer Moore was interested in a move away from here anyway.

He would be good enough to get into our first team now because whereas he has got better our first team has got worse.
Kieffer to Cardiff on 15:23 - Aug 12 with 3816 viewsericclacton

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:57 - Aug 12 by PJH

I don't think that it was just MM that thought at the time that he was not good enough to get into our first team although as I remember it Kieffer Moore was interested in a move away from here anyway.

He would be good enough to get into our first team now because whereas he has got better our first team has got worse.

Poppycock people were comparing him with Murphy, he didn't stand a chance with us, WAKE UP.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 15:43 - Aug 12 with 3739 viewsOsborneOneNil

Kieffer to Cardiff on 14:57 - Aug 12 by PJH

But we bought him young for next to nowt from FGR.....not sure he had a fair crack of the whip, tbh.

He seemed to get much better, very quickly, after playing games elsewhere.
Kieffer to Cardiff on 16:29 - Aug 12 with 3640 viewsHerbivore

Kieffer to Cardiff on 15:43 - Aug 12 by OsborneOneNil

But we bought him young for next to nowt from FGR.....not sure he had a fair crack of the whip, tbh.

He seemed to get much better, very quickly, after playing games elsewhere.

His record in the Championship immediately after we sold him was poor. He's done better second time around after a full season in League 1 under his belt, though he's not been pulling up trees exactly.

The issue we had was he came back and he wanted to be playing regularly, he'd had his head turned by Rotherham tapping him up as well, even if he ultimately went elsewhere. At the time he didn't look good enough for a sustained run in our side and he'd have had to be patient to get his chances. At the time we did have better senior strikers than him, so I think that's fair. He wanted to go, we got to make a £700k profit in a year on a player who may or may not have ever made it here. No brainer really. It takes 2-3 years' worth of hindsight to suggest we should have kept him or that he should have been given a proper run.

Kieffer to Cardiff on 16:33 - Aug 12 with 3627 viewsRadlett_blue

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:04 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

So do we have to give Barnsley some money back? When do we get our friendly with Lazio?

Friendly with Lazio is Saturday, apparently.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Kieffer to Cardiff on 17:33 - Aug 12 with 3547 viewsIllinoisblue

Kieffer to Cardiff on 13:52 - Aug 12 by Coco

That’s generally how football works

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024