Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Factory in Northampton 17:08 - Aug 13 with 1600 viewsTractorWood

299 cases. The actual number of cases in the UK since day 1 must be in the millions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-northamptonshire-

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Factory in Northampton on 17:21 - Aug 13 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

We will never truly know the real numbers due to the piss-poor approach to testing for such a long time(i the short term) and the policy of privatising and centralising lab facilities(in the long term).

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Factory in Northampton on 17:22 - Aug 13 with 1515 viewsBluefish

Ooh they used to be a customer of mine in a previous job. You would expect ridiculously tight controls in place at somewhere like that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Factory in Northampton on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 1486 viewsBlueBadger

Factory in Northampton on 17:22 - Aug 13 by Bluefish

Ooh they used to be a customer of mine in a previous job. You would expect ridiculously tight controls in place at somewhere like that

If they were undiscerning enough to go to you....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Factory in Northampton on 17:33 - Aug 13 with 1464 viewsStokieBlue

It has been estimated at 6% of the population or about 3.4m people who have been infected in the UK thus far.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/13/up-to-6-of-englands-population-may

That does mean there are 64m people who haven't been infected, have no immunity at all and are capable of spreading it far and wide to people possibly more vulnerable than themselves.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Factory in Northampton on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 1398 viewsKievthegreat

That's a huge number. For context the area I live was, until recently, in lockdown. It has had 507 cases total since testing started in March. That's across approx 60,000 people and during lockdown they were averaging as many as 500 tests per day.

Using the government rolling average for people tested, they'll have tested around 3-400 people in the last 2 days and picked up 2 cases here and that still qualifies as an area of concern. I'm surprised they aren't shutting down the factory for a few days at least.
Factory in Northampton on 20:15 - Aug 13 with 1314 viewsTractorWood

Factory in Northampton on 18:08 - Aug 13 by Kievthegreat

That's a huge number. For context the area I live was, until recently, in lockdown. It has had 507 cases total since testing started in March. That's across approx 60,000 people and during lockdown they were averaging as many as 500 tests per day.

Using the government rolling average for people tested, they'll have tested around 3-400 people in the last 2 days and picked up 2 cases here and that still qualifies as an area of concern. I'm surprised they aren't shutting down the factory for a few days at least.

The factory said they are not the problem, it's the area. Riigghht.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Factory in Northampton on 23:39 - Aug 13 with 1183 viewsronnyd

Think i'll take my M&S sarnies back for a refund then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024