Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. 21:46 - Aug 13 with 4032 viewsLibero

He will do well here.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:50 - Aug 13 with 3172 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think (and this is unfair to the player himself) it's what it represents in terms of how far we have fallen. Released Portsmouth player who is a big target man rather than high calibre player. It's just a bit depressing.

Obviously hope he does well if he does join. At best you could call it a pragmatic signing and hopeful he could be effective at least

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:51 - Aug 13 with 3158 viewsCoco

Let's hope so. He and Ward certainly help sort the lack of physicality currently available.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:52 - Aug 13 with 3160 viewsLibero

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:50 - Aug 13 by Terry_Nutkins

I think (and this is unfair to the player himself) it's what it represents in terms of how far we have fallen. Released Portsmouth player who is a big target man rather than high calibre player. It's just a bit depressing.

Obviously hope he does well if he does join. At best you could call it a pragmatic signing and hopeful he could be effective at least

What a load of nonsense, he’s a solid player at this level.

I’ve read a few gorps on here claiming Will Keane would be a better option, farcical.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:52 - Aug 13 with 3147 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm delighted that we have an Ollie. I don't think we have ever had an Ollie before.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 3132 viewsHorsham

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:52 - Aug 13 by Libero

I’ve read a few gorps on here claiming Will Keane would be a better option, farcical.

We knew how far we had fallen when we signed that Tyrone Mings from wherever it is was. Totally showed up our lack of ambition.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 3124 viewsCoco

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:55 - Aug 13 by Horsham

We knew how far we had fallen when we signed that Tyrone Mings from wherever it is was. Totally showed up our lack of ambition.

That's not true. That was a punt at young potential as was Moore.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 3123 viewsradiogaga

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:52 - Aug 13 by Libero

But he did score some cracking goals for Man Utd (under 21s, 5 years ago).

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:58 - Aug 13 with 3098 viewsPlums

Rory Fallon without the pedigree?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 with 3086 viewsLibero

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:56 - Aug 13 by radiogaga

But he did score some cracking goals for Man Utd (under 21s, 5 years ago).

Can’t even begin to try and get in the head of someone that thinks scoring a few U23 goals as an overage player for Manchester United U23’s against a p1ss poor Norwich U23’s shows any kind of “pedigree”

Keane had promise as a youngster, he had a decent first touch, but he’s done sweet f*ck all in league football.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 with 3086 viewsJ2BLUE

Hawkins is slightly underwhelming but if we have him, Sears, Norwood and Jackson it looks a decent strikeforce.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 with 3080 viewsfactual_blue

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:52 - Aug 13 by GeoffSentence

I'm delighted that we have an Ollie. I don't think we have ever had an Ollie before.

Oliver Fenn? Voluntary Academy analyst.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:01 - Aug 13 with 3068 viewsCoco

Agree with this. Will Keane one of the biggest frauds out there.

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:01 - Aug 13 with 3063 viewsLibero

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:58 - Aug 13 by Plums

Rory Fallon without the pedigree?

Jesus Christ, what on earth are you saying?!
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 3023 viewsradiogaga

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:50 - Aug 13 by Terry_Nutkins

I sense people are feeling a fair bit of this at the minute and once a bit of time passes, they will come round to the idea.

Many of the people moaning have been watching Cole Skuse for 7 years and still think he's a brilliant player.

There'll be games where he is what we need to grind out a win, looking for a goal from a set piece, make the ball stick up the pitch. There'll be games where we are trying to see out a game and he can act as an extra CB in the final minutes. He is useful.

From what I read, most Pompey fans dislike Kenny Jackett about as much as we dislike Lambert/ disagree with a lot of his decisions with players. Very mixed opinions amongst them about Hawkins, many who are disappointed he's been released.

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:05 - Aug 13 with 2996 viewsHorsham

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 21:56 - Aug 13 by Coco

That's not true. That was a punt at young potential as was Moore.

Both were good signings at the time of course they were. Mick had some eye for a player. Point I’m making is it’s very early to be making silly overly negative judgements. Kieffer Moore didn’t even look remotely like a footballer for us and been excellent since. Alan Lee and Kuqi were total donkeys according to their previous clubs supporters but turned out well here. If we provide the right environment who knows he might be decent. He might be crap...just seems to be stupid to say it shows how low we’ve fallen when it’s actually been a well repeated and often successful scenario for us.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:05 - Aug 13 with 2995 viewsradiogaga

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 by Libero

Can’t even begin to try and get in the head of someone that thinks scoring a few U23 goals as an overage player for Manchester United U23’s against a p1ss poor Norwich U23’s shows any kind of “pedigree”

Keane had promise as a youngster, he had a decent first touch, but he’s done sweet f*ck all in league football.

Let's get Freddy Adu in as well. He had tonnes more talent than Keane at U21 level, surely worth a punt using that logic.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 22:06]

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:05 - Aug 13 with 2994 viewsJ2BLUE

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:04 - Aug 13 by radiogaga

I sense people are feeling a fair bit of this at the minute and once a bit of time passes, they will come round to the idea.

Many of the people moaning have been watching Cole Skuse for 7 years and still think he's a brilliant player.

There'll be games where he is what we need to grind out a win, looking for a goal from a set piece, make the ball stick up the pitch. There'll be games where we are trying to see out a game and he can act as an extra CB in the final minutes. He is useful.

From what I read, most Pompey fans dislike Kenny Jackett about as much as we dislike Lambert/ disagree with a lot of his decisions with players. Very mixed opinions amongst them about Hawkins, many who are disappointed he's been released.

...and then he'll sign for Accrington.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:08 - Aug 13 with 2956 viewsTIB

Lambo wants a target man. Hawkins is that. Played at this level. Scored at this level. Good age to push on. Adds a new dimension to strike force. Not going to cause carnage in new pay structure. Get him in.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:10 - Aug 13 with 2938 viewsradiogaga

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:05 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

...and then he'll sign for Accrington.

The same Accrington that also beat us last season.

We are a league one club, we have to earn the right to be looking down on clubs like Accrington. Until we're promoted to the championship, we are not in a great position to be looking down at other league one clubs to be fair.

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:11 - Aug 13 with 2928 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He will, he will be a very useful outlet here, something different, a very good option from the bench.

Not surprised one bit with our fan base though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:12 - Aug 13 with 2911 viewsradiogaga

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

Hawkins is slightly underwhelming but if we have him, Sears, Norwood and Jackson it looks a decent strikeforce.

I suspect Sears is being earmarked as more of a wideman in a 3 man attack or a winger. As you say, they're good options for this level on paper.

Much depends on the Jackson situation too but I suspect we are still after another striker.

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:55 - Aug 13 with 2743 viewsdavblue

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:00 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

In an ideal world a deeper lying striker would be nice, would really give us options to change a game.
I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:59 - Aug 13 with 2722 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He needs the service as well. 18 goals, 10 of which have been headed goals, 13 of which have come from within the 6 yard box. He seems to like to do his dangerous work in he box, not much more outside of it. Will need the right service.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 23:06 - Aug 13 with 2694 viewsCoco

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 22:59 - Aug 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

He needs the service as well. 18 goals, 10 of which have been headed goals, 13 of which have come from within the 6 yard box. He seems to like to do his dangerous work in he box, not much more outside of it. Will need the right service.

That's what Garbutt's for.

I’m surprised at the level of negativity about Hawkins. on 23:20 - Aug 13 with 2651 viewsIllinoisblue

The bed wetting on Twitter from our fans is embarrassing to see. I doubt we’re any worse than any other fanbase but Christ alive, the blubbing from grown men is so pathetic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024