Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? 09:31 - Aug 14 with 2301 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53768254

Maybe I am being unfair and Hampstead Blue has been his fan boy from day one and to be honest I have been meaning to investigate why I 'don't get' Nick Cave for yonks.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 09:41 - Aug 14 with 2277 viewsLibero

Sounds like they'd get along well, another old boy who doesn't understand the difference between being challenged on views and cancel culture...
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 09:47 - Aug 14 with 2260 viewsWeWereZombies

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 09:41 - Aug 14 by Libero

Sounds like they'd get along well, another old boy who doesn't understand the difference between being challenged on views and cancel culture...

I think the Nick Cave PR machine got to work a few days before he made his statement because YouTube pushed a live version of this song at me out of the blue (pun intended):

Mind you, in amongst the comments I found this quote from him that is close to how I feel:

“I'm not religious, and I'm not a Christian, but I do reserve the right to believe in the possibility of a God. It's kind of defending the indefensible, though; I'm critical of what religions are becoming, the more destructive they're becoming. But I think as an artist, particularly, it's a necessary part of what I do, that there is some divine element going on within my songs.”

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 09:59 - Aug 14 with 2245 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 09:47 - Aug 14 by WeWereZombies

I think the Nick Cave PR machine got to work a few days before he made his statement because YouTube pushed a live version of this song at me out of the blue (pun intended):

Mind you, in amongst the comments I found this quote from him that is close to how I feel:

“I'm not religious, and I'm not a Christian, but I do reserve the right to believe in the possibility of a God. It's kind of defending the indefensible, though; I'm critical of what religions are becoming, the more destructive they're becoming. But I think as an artist, particularly, it's a necessary part of what I do, that there is some divine element going on within my songs.”

referring to his own work as having a "divine element" just makes him look even more of a tw@t.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 10:00]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 10:52 - Aug 14 with 2206 viewshampstead_blue

Good morning.

My own moniker in a title. What a great.
Just back from a week's sun in Dorset to this feeling of love.

Interestingly I've just finished the audiobook by Douglas Murray called 'The Madness of crowds'.

He talks about this topic in great detail with some incredibly disturbing examples.

I'd say that on the whole I feel we must allow freedom of speech to prevail. There are margins of course.
I'd like to hear marginal views debated politely with intelligent questions. We need to explore the margins to learn and have a better understanding of the deeper views and understandings of others.

I'm 4square behind Cave and Murray.

As for his comments about divinity and his art....well, he's expressing his feelings so taking it at face value is really missing the point. Art is so often deeper that two dimensions so you've stepped on a tripwire there I feel.

Found some great fossils in Charnmouth. Just sayin.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 10:58 - Aug 14 with 2195 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 10:52 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

Good morning.

My own moniker in a title. What a great.
Just back from a week's sun in Dorset to this feeling of love.

Interestingly I've just finished the audiobook by Douglas Murray called 'The Madness of crowds'.

He talks about this topic in great detail with some incredibly disturbing examples.

I'd say that on the whole I feel we must allow freedom of speech to prevail. There are margins of course.
I'd like to hear marginal views debated politely with intelligent questions. We need to explore the margins to learn and have a better understanding of the deeper views and understandings of others.

I'm 4square behind Cave and Murray.

As for his comments about divinity and his art....well, he's expressing his feelings so taking it at face value is really missing the point. Art is so often deeper that two dimensions so you've stepped on a tripwire there I feel.

Found some great fossils in Charnmouth. Just sayin.

That's Douglas Murray, the Islamophobe, right?

I'm not surprised you enjoyed the book, William Davies of the Guardian described it as "the bizarre fantasies of a rightwing provocateur, blind to oppression" - sounds right up your street.

If you want a more balanced view on the subject I'd recommend Jon Ronson's "So, you've been publicly shamed"
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 11:01]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:05 - Aug 14 with 2174 viewshampstead_blue

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 10:58 - Aug 14 by Libero

That's Douglas Murray, the Islamophobe, right?

I'm not surprised you enjoyed the book, William Davies of the Guardian described it as "the bizarre fantasies of a rightwing provocateur, blind to oppression" - sounds right up your street.

If you want a more balanced view on the subject I'd recommend Jon Ronson's "So, you've been publicly shamed"
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 11:01]

He mentioned you.

Is he an Islamophobe? No idea. This is the first book of his I have. I've not gone into his media/twitter.

Have you read it? You would be surprised at just how right he is.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 2167 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:05 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

He mentioned you.

Is he an Islamophobe? No idea. This is the first book of his I have. I've not gone into his media/twitter.

Have you read it? You would be surprised at just how right he is.

Nah, he's a famous Islamaphobe, buh.
https://bridge.georgetown.edu/research/factsheet-douglas-murray/
He's also the tw@t that said that London had “become a foreign country” because “white Britons” were a minority.

No, I don't tend to read books written by bigots, sorry pal.

You should give the Jon Ronson book I mentioned a go, the audiobook is actually available on YouTube for free, no excuse not to give it a go.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 11:10]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 2156 viewshampstead_blue

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:08 - Aug 14 by Libero

He's also the tw@t that said that London had “become a foreign country” because “white Britons” were a minority.

You should give the Jon Ronson book I mentioned a go, the audiobook is actually available on YouTube for free, no excuse not to give it a go.

YouTube for free, no excuse not to give it a go.
Nothing is free.

I've given him a go before, Adventures with Extremists. Boring tbh. I found myself shrugging my shoulders an awful lot.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:13 - Aug 14 with 2150 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:12 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

Nothing is free.

I've given him a go before, Adventures with Extremists. Boring tbh. I found myself shrugging my shoulders an awful lot.

Riiiiiiiiiight...
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 2110 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:12 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

Nothing is free.

P.S, great side stepping of the fact that your new favourite author is a prolific racist with strong links to the alt-right in America.

"surprised at just how right he is" indeed...
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 11:30]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:42 - Aug 14 with 2078 viewshampstead_blue

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Libero

P.S, great side stepping of the fact that your new favourite author is a prolific racist with strong links to the alt-right in America.

"surprised at just how right he is" indeed...
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 11:30]

He does mention you a lot.

You are the person who climbs all over someone with crazy allegations and slants for commiting the crime of looking in the wrong direction.

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 2071 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:42 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

He does mention you a lot.

You are the person who climbs all over someone with crazy allegations and slants for commiting the crime of looking in the wrong direction.

Sorry, which part of what I've said in this thread is a "crazy allegation and slant"?

Douglas Murry being an Islamaphobe? Racist? links to the alt-right? All factual and can be backed up with direct quotes from the man himself, as well as his own work.
He was also quite keen on the EDL and Britain First...

It's a bit concerning that someone that has posted the things you have in the past is taking in this kind of extremist material and promoting it to others.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 12:10]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 2019 viewshampstead_blue

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:45 - Aug 14 by Libero

Sorry, which part of what I've said in this thread is a "crazy allegation and slant"?

Douglas Murry being an Islamaphobe? Racist? links to the alt-right? All factual and can be backed up with direct quotes from the man himself, as well as his own work.
He was also quite keen on the EDL and Britain First...

It's a bit concerning that someone that has posted the things you have in the past is taking in this kind of extremist material and promoting it to others.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 12:10]

Last post on this.

You've not made any crazy allegations this time but it's a thing you do often. This is in line with the people mentioned in the book. Hence my observation.

I've no opinion on the man. All I said is that I liked the book. The rest is your own imagination.

You really need to read it and reflect on the way you jump on people with whom you disagree.

That's all. Have a good day.

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 12:20 - Aug 14 with 2006 viewseireblue

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 12:12 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

Last post on this.

You've not made any crazy allegations this time but it's a thing you do often. This is in line with the people mentioned in the book. Hence my observation.

I've no opinion on the man. All I said is that I liked the book. The rest is your own imagination.

You really need to read it and reflect on the way you jump on people with whom you disagree.

So, cancelled the debate then.

Nick won’t be happy.
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 12:21 - Aug 14 with 2005 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 12:12 - Aug 14 by hampstead_blue

Last post on this.

No, I don't.
I called you out on using the term "window licker" and you refused to acknowledge that it's a derogatory term for disabled people, instead claiming it held some deeper context for you. Bigger fish than you have been put right on use of the term, and I find your constant rewriting of the situation disingenuous and desperate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33079474/lego-apologises-for-window-licker

Here's the thread in question too...
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. by Coco 24 Jun 2020 11:36
This current situation is perfect for them imho. Burley’s coaching ability to instil a style of play and bring on young players coupled with Dyer’s enthusiasm and contacts in the modern game. No guarantee it would work of course but I would be fully behind it. Evans just isn’t a progressive thinker sadly.

How helpful that you have "no opinion" of the prolific racist that wrote the book that you're praising.
Sorry mate, but, he's aligned with Robert Spencer, Milo Yiannopoulos, the EDL, Britain First and various other hate groups and deplorables.
I regularly take in various sources that I'm not in full agreement with to test my stance/viewpoint and challenge myself, but you can't convince me to read the ramblings of a known racist and bigot like Murray.

As I stated in my first post in this thread, it's no surprise you align yourself with these characters, for someone preaching about taking in alternative sources to "reflect" on how to interact "with people with whom you disagree" you really struggle with having your version of things challenged.
I'm not sure you understand what "cancel culture" actually is, there is a profound difference between being challenged on views and cancel culture.

This vision you have of me (that you can provide no evidence of) couldn't be further from the truth.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 12:33]
Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 1934 viewsDarth_Koont

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 11:08 - Aug 14 by Libero

Agreed. That's a great book as is everything Ronson writes TBF.

Douglas Murray is gutter-level in every respect.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 1928 viewsLibero

Is Hampstead going to regale us with his discovery of Nick Cave back catalogue? on 13:07 - Aug 14 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. That's a great book as is everything Ronson writes TBF.

Douglas Murray is gutter-level in every respect.

Hardly a surprise though, is it?

Man who writes gutter-level extremist bigoted nonsense on the internet, enjoys book by Man who writes gutter-level extremist bigoted nonsense.

*sighs*

I just realised that Ronson's book came up last time hampstead misunderstood cancel culture too...

Gervais. Risky comedy is dead by hampstead_blue 10 Jul 2020 15:16
The Times page 3.

He's spot on. If the BBC put out The Office today he would have had throngs pounding down his door.

F😘CK your sensitivities. I want the likes of Gervais to have space to challenge and make us wet ourselves.

That ended up in him getting rather "offended" at a quote from The Office that I directed at him, he looked quite the chump,reported me for abuse, posts removed, the whole lot.
Tastily ironic considering his insinuation that today's audience would be too soft to be "challenged" by such comedy...
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 13:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024