Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job 15:23 - Aug 16 with 2066 viewshector_clifford

Does anybody remember what happened at the time, and if Bobby or the FA wanted Bobby Ferguson as his assistant?
We're there any other candidates to replace Sir Bobby?
I imagine it was like trying to follow Alex Ferguson at Man Utd, but perhaps our decline wouldn't have been so steep and sudden, if we had looked at someone else.
I bet some good managers would have been very keen on the town job.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:31 - Aug 16 with 2022 viewsKeno

Sir Bobs recommendation was Alex Ferguson

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:35 - Aug 16 with 2015 viewshector_clifford

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:31 - Aug 16 by Keno

He must have made a good impression during the Aberdeen uefa cup matches.
Sir John must have missed those games!

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 1972 viewsPhilTWTD

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:31 - Aug 16 by Keno

He was sounded out but he felt it was too early to make the move from Aberdeen.
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:51 - Aug 16 with 1973 viewsnodge_blue

I do remember when Bobby Ferguson got appointed, he would often be saying in interviews "we've got no money to buy players" (because of the cost of the pioneer stand I think).

It felt like the decline started straight away as the good players were leaving quickly and the quality just wasnt there.

I cant see Alex Ferguson have been happy managing under those circumstances.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 16:27 - Aug 16 with 1888 viewsPerublue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:51 - Aug 16 by nodge_blue

I do remember when Bobby Ferguson got appointed, he would often be saying in interviews "we've got no money to buy players" (because of the cost of the pioneer stand I think).

It felt like the decline started straight away as the good players were leaving quickly and the quality just wasnt there.

I cant see Alex Ferguson have been happy managing under those circumstances.

I remember around 2011ish being in the changing rooms at David Lloyd (Ipswich) and the town team at that time en masse would come and use the pool weekly ... Bobby would often be there chuntering away to himself at the same time and it was just such an odd but( totally understandable) feeling witnessing the lack of awareness that the players knew who he was and vice versa even...in fact Bobby seemed very irritated by these boistrous young men thinking they were Gods.....although it could have been just the shock of seeing J.Peters ass-et unclothed.
Pablo (arrogant and unfriendly btw) virtually lived there at that time...well the bar/restaurant/airport waiting lounge type area.
Would always see Bobby speed walking through Broke Hall estate around that time too,such a busy soul.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2020 16:33]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 17:48 - Aug 16 with 1722 viewsfactual_blue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 16:27 - Aug 16 by Perublue

I remember around 2011ish being in the changing rooms at David Lloyd (Ipswich) and the town team at that time en masse would come and use the pool weekly ... Bobby would often be there chuntering away to himself at the same time and it was just such an odd but( totally understandable) feeling witnessing the lack of awareness that the players knew who he was and vice versa even...in fact Bobby seemed very irritated by these boistrous young men thinking they were Gods.....although it could have been just the shock of seeing J.Peters ass-et unclothed.
Pablo (arrogant and unfriendly btw) virtually lived there at that time...well the bar/restaurant/airport waiting lounge type area.
Would always see Bobby speed walking through Broke Hall estate around that time too,such a busy soul.

If this was 2011, you've seen a ghost.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 17:58 - Aug 16 with 1705 viewsPJH

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 17:48 - Aug 16 by factual_blue

If this was 2011, you've seen a ghost.

I think that they are talking about Bobby Ferguson.
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 18:02 - Aug 16 with 1695 viewsfactual_blue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 17:58 - Aug 16 by PJH

That makes sense then.

The bit about Bobby 'chuntering away to himself' bought Sir Bobby to mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 18:03 - Aug 16 with 1691 viewsPhilTWTD

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 17:58 - Aug 16 by PJH

Assume so, he lived Broke Hall way from what I recall.
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 18:08 - Aug 16 with 1678 viewsfactual_blue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 18:03 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

The club should relocate to Broke Hall.

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 19:47 - Aug 16 with 1552 viewsBluespeed225

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 18:03 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

Wadhurst Rd, Mrs F still lives there, our dogs meet and greet now and again! She told me they moved there from round the corner in Ashdown Way in 81’. I love that, your coach of one of the best sides in Europe, but are quite happy on an estate, and the ambition is to move from a semi to a detached. T really WTD!
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 19:49 - Aug 16 with 1542 viewsPhilTWTD

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 19:47 - Aug 16 by Bluespeed225

Wadhurst Rd, Mrs F still lives there, our dogs meet and greet now and again! She told me they moved there from round the corner in Ashdown Way in 81’. I love that, your coach of one of the best sides in Europe, but are quite happy on an estate, and the ambition is to move from a semi to a detached. T really WTD!

Very much a different world.
Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1473 viewsPerublue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 16:27 - Aug 16 by Perublue

Just to confirm it was Bobby Ferguson I was talking about although that should have been obvious

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 21:05 - Aug 16 with 1408 viewsSwansea_Blue

Situation when Sir Bobby got the England job on 15:50 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

He was sounded out but he felt it was too early to make the move from Aberdeen.

I doubt he’d have come to anything anyway. Dodged a bullet there. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024