Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? 12:59 - Aug 17 with 1688 viewsWeWereZombies

I'm an impatient sod I have been waiting more than two minutes for an email to click on as confirmation, anyone had experience of this?

https://www.nhs.uk/sign-up-to-be-contacted-for-research

Also, of course, look at me, obviously...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 1539 viewsWeWereZombies

Just a follow up on this, finally got a confirmation email over five hours later - NHS waiting times, eh?

Then a few straightforward questions about name, date of birth and postcode. What sex you were at birth and whether you are the same now, before a dozen or so health questions on a yes/no format about diagnosis for such things as liver disease. And that is about it. I'm registered as a volunteer, we'll see if I get selected for the trials (in which instance I can then be included in threads as 'triallist'.)

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 06:09 - Aug 18 with 1443 viewsBlueAlex

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 22:22 - Aug 17 by WeWereZombies

Just a follow up on this, finally got a confirmation email over five hours later - NHS waiting times, eh?

Then a few straightforward questions about name, date of birth and postcode. What sex you were at birth and whether you are the same now, before a dozen or so health questions on a yes/no format about diagnosis for such things as liver disease. And that is about it. I'm registered as a volunteer, we'll see if I get selected for the trials (in which instance I can then be included in threads as 'triallist'.)

Or 'participant'
Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:40 - Aug 18 with 1402 viewsElephantintheRoom

Have you fully thought through what you are volunteering for?

These would-be vaccines have been rushed into production and hyped to the skies despite nobody, anywhere having been able ot create a successful vaccine against this type of virus.

The supposed vaccine, you may or may not be getting, depending on randomisation, is against a deadly disease.

And the only way to test it works is to expose the recipients to said deadly disease.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:50 - Aug 18 with 1393 viewsCoastalblue

I've been getting tested weekly along with the other half for the Cambridge University studies.
Once a week they come and we answer a number of questions about our activities and then take a swab test.

Drops to a monthly test after the first few weeks and continues for 12 months in total.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:51 - Aug 18 with 1389 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:40 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

These would-be vaccines have been rushed into production and hyped to the skies despite nobody, anywhere having been able ot create a successful vaccine against this type of virus.

The supposed vaccine, you may or may not be getting, depending on randomisation, is against a deadly disease.

And the only way to test it works is to expose the recipients to said deadly disease.

He’ll be fine. The Russian vaccine showed no side effects.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 08:32 - Aug 18 with 1343 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:40 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

I have put at least as much thought into it as you do into each and every one of your posts.

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 11:50 - Aug 18 with 1271 viewsRyorry

That form's just a first step - ie giving them permission to contact you (presumably to see if you might be suitable), not to actually be registered as a volunteer for testing, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

I might well have done so too, but Elephant has actually performed a useful service in making me think twice about it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 1215 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:51 - Aug 18 by GlasgowBlue

He’ll be fine. The Russian vaccine showed no side effects.

Well thanks for that Glassers, I have now had a dozen offers of dinner from other posters...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 1162 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 11:50 - Aug 18 by Ryorry

That form's just a first step - ie giving them permission to contact you (presumably to see if you might be suitable), not to actually be registered as a volunteer for testing, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

I might well have done so too, but Elephant has actually performed a useful service in making me think twice about it.

I'm not getting excited Ryorry, and I realise I might not get selected for testing. It is worth noting though, that you can withdraw your permission to be contacted at any time (well at any time up to the point they contact you I guess) and after contact you can still withdraw from the testing.

To be honest I am partly looking for a legitimate excuse to get out of the house, the testing requires a few hospital visits (those silicon implants don't fit themselves.)

And as far as 'thinking twice' goes I will rely on any feedback from Badger and Noggin I think.

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 17:42 - Aug 18 with 1157 viewsRyorry

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 17:40 - Aug 18 by WeWereZombies

I'm not getting excited Ryorry, and I realise I might not get selected for testing. It is worth noting though, that you can withdraw your permission to be contacted at any time (well at any time up to the point they contact you I guess) and after contact you can still withdraw from the testing.

To be honest I am partly looking for a legitimate excuse to get out of the house, the testing requires a few hospital visits (those silicon implants don't fit themselves.)

And as far as 'thinking twice' goes I will rely on any feedback from Badger and Noggin I think.

G'luck!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 07:30 - Aug 22 with 1044 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone registering with the NHS to volunteer for testing Covid-19 vaccines? on 17:42 - Aug 18 by Ryorry

G'luck!

I doubt at sixty five I will be invited for challenge trials but there is some more interesting information in this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53862413
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 10:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024