Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Moritz Volz is doing now 07:58 - Aug 18 with 843 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps unsurprisingly, no mention of ITFC.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/17/rb-leipzig-champions-league-loo

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:41 - Aug 18 with 678 viewsSomethingBlue

Haha, I'm sure he'd have dropped a mention in if he'd had more time between CL games. Lovely guy. Remember being excited when he signed for us but, as with almost everything around that period, it never really happened.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:45 - Aug 18 with 662 viewsJakeITFC

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:41 - Aug 18 by SomethingBlue

Haha, I'm sure he'd have dropped a mention in if he'd had more time between CL games. Lovely guy. Remember being excited when he signed for us but, as with almost everything around that period, it never really happened.

Very good read, thanks.

I can't work out Leipzig atm - whether they are a club going to the top or just a side riding the crest of talented squad and an exceptional young manager. Either way, I expect Nagelsmann, Volz and co. won't struggle for offers in the coming years.
What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:53 - Aug 18 with 638 viewsSomethingBlue

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:45 - Aug 18 by JakeITFC

Very good read, thanks.

I can't work out Leipzig atm - whether they are a club going to the top or just a side riding the crest of talented squad and an exceptional young manager. Either way, I expect Nagelsmann, Volz and co. won't struggle for offers in the coming years.

Leipzig are here to stay. Take the ethical argument out of it and they are a quite brilliant operation, as is the entire Red Bull setup. Been over several times and I'm always blown away, to be honest. So clear-eyed, logical, intelligent. They have the advantage of working with their partner clubs of course but so much of their stuff, particularly recruitment-wise, could still be replicated by others. Lots and lots to learn from them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 578 viewsfactual_blue

Always nice to get a current update on a former player, and find out watt he's doing now. Was there some resistance to his signing when he joined us?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:28 - Aug 18 with 569 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:25 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Always nice to get a current update on a former player, and find out watt he's doing now. Was there some resistance to his signing when he joined us?

I dont recall any. Seemed like a good signing at the time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:45 - Aug 18 with 530 viewsmonty_radio

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 09:53 - Aug 18 by SomethingBlue

Leipzig are here to stay. Take the ethical argument out of it and they are a quite brilliant operation, as is the entire Red Bull setup. Been over several times and I'm always blown away, to be honest. So clear-eyed, logical, intelligent. They have the advantage of working with their partner clubs of course but so much of their stuff, particularly recruitment-wise, could still be replicated by others. Lots and lots to learn from them.

I think that the "ethical" arguments get harder to mount and to disentangle from ordinary envy. What R.B. have done, especially when scouting Leipzig as a possible base, shows commendable thoroughness. While, if Al Capone were talking with M.E. it be relatively easy to judge "fit and proper", generally, most owners have made some money in ways that some Woke pundit somewhere could easily pull apart.

Don't think there's going to be a perfect answer in an imperfect world. Not saying we shouldn't attempt to judge a potential owner's fitness, but the modern rush to online judgement based on transient comtemporary mores makes it harder. Much as the idea and sometimes the execution of a "community-based" club is lovely, success in football, as in most things, has a financial element that can't be denied.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:52 - Aug 18 with 517 viewsfactual_blue

What Moritz Volz is doing now on 10:28 - Aug 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I dont recall any. Seemed like a good signing at the time.

No booing of him at the ohm games?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024