Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive signings 08:59 - Aug 18 with 675 viewsGarv

Pretty happy with yesterday's news, on paper.

As much as we all want a number one between the sticks for the whole season, it won't happen. There'll be injuries, loss of form, maybe a red card somewhere. We needed a number two, and everything you hear suggests neither Przybek nor Wright are it.

Physicality and experience were two big things needed this summer. It looks like we've got a good mix of the two in Ward and Hawkins. Can't say I've ever knowingly seen Hawkins play but he seems to fit the bill for what we need, and you'd like to think Ward will be an adequate replacement for Garbutt (I'm glad we haven't broken the bank for him). Despite not having the same quality on the ball and at set pieces, he's primarily a defender, which Garbutt wasn't, but at the same time won't be afraid to get forward.

We were a soft touch last season and the one before, both mentally and physically. I'm pleased Lambert is looking to address that. Next challenge is playing to their strengths.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Positive signings on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 657 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm wondering if we might wait until the window closes and see if Garbutt is still available before offering him something. Unlikely but it would be good to get him back. I'm sure he'll eventually get a Chamionship club though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Positive signings on 09:22 - Aug 18 with 592 viewsBasuco

It is very dangerous to form an opinion from very few times I have seen Oli Hawkins play and reading fans views from the pompy forum, but he does seem to be the link between the midfield and strikers we have been missing ever since Murph left Town. We badly missed James Norwood when he was injured, so I for one will not be bothered if he only scores 10 or 12 goals a season, I will be also looking at his hold-up and link-up play, I also think Kayden Jackson will be looking forward to having a solid "big man" to make runs off.
Positive signings on 11:14 - Aug 18 with 476 viewsipswichtillidie

Agreed. Happy with the signings on paper. Hawkins gives us a different type of option. Not convinced he’ll always be first choice but has a goal in him and actually might be a better foil for the likes of Dobra and Lancaster who I expect to become regulars.
So a Centre half and we are there then... ?

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024