Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The march towards Skynet continues 14:50 - Aug 21 with 1027 viewsStokieBlue

Well, that's perhaps overstating it but interesting nonetheless:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ai-pilot-dogfight

Not entirely fair that the AI doesn't have to contend with G-Forces.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:51 - Aug 21 with 1011 viewsDubtractor

I love that we are part of a generation for whom literally any story about the advancement of AI or robotics instantly triggers reference to Skynet and a duh duh duh, duh duh duh rumbling in our heads.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:52 - Aug 21 with 1004 viewsfooters

As it's an American aircraft, will the AI be fitted with the 'friendly fire' patch?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:55 - Aug 21 with 980 viewsDarth_Koont

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:51 - Aug 21 by Dubtractor

I love that we are part of a generation for whom literally any story about the advancement of AI or robotics instantly triggers reference to Skynet and a duh duh duh, duh duh duh rumbling in our heads.

I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.

(partly trying to get into their good books early but mostly because our human overlords are so shyte anyway)

Pronouns: He/Him

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 967 viewsjeera

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:52 - Aug 21 by footers

As it's an American aircraft, will the AI be fitted with the 'friendly fire' patch?

Yes, it spots a perfectly innocent airliner packed with 300 people and...

well, what could possibly go wrong?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 954 viewsDarth_Koont

The march towards Skynet continues on 14:57 - Aug 21 by jeera

Yes, it spots a perfectly innocent airliner packed with 300 people and...

well, what could possibly go wrong?

Packed with 300 people or loaded with 300 meat torpedoes?

Better to be safe than sorry.

Pronouns: He/Him

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:08 - Aug 21 with 923 viewseastangliaisblue

I don't like all this constant development of technology being thrust upon us. It leaves me very uneasy, the fact that the average man has no say on anything that has implications for all of us.
The march towards Skynet continues on 15:17 - Aug 21 with 901 viewsBlueBadger

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:08 - Aug 21 by eastangliaisblue

I don't like all this constant development of technology being thrust upon us. It leaves me very uneasy, the fact that the average man has no say on anything that has implications for all of us.

To be honest, decisions being taken out of the hands of the very average men and women in the government seems like a blessing right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:26 - Aug 21 with 866 viewsStokieBlue

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:08 - Aug 21 by eastangliaisblue

I find that statement a bit odd.

When should the development of technology have stopped? The iron age? Roman times? Industrial revolution?

Technological progress isn't a democracy, if it were then it's possible you wouldn't have had the technology to make your post.

That doesn't mean that rules shouldn't be in place around some developments and that is already the case. Some might need constant tweaking of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:53 - Aug 21 with 806 viewsjeera

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:26 - Aug 21 by StokieBlue

When should the development of technology have stopped? The iron age? Roman times? Industrial revolution?

Technological progress isn't a democracy, if it were then it's possible you wouldn't have had the technology to make your post.

That doesn't mean that rules shouldn't be in place around some developments and that is already the case. Some might need constant tweaking of course.

SB

May I vote for Iron Age please?

I like things to be as straightforward as possible.

Although I admit to wanting a pub and maybe a supermarket within a day's walk thrown in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The march towards Skynet continues on 17:08 - Aug 21 with 737 viewseastangliaisblue

The march towards Skynet continues on 15:26 - Aug 21 by StokieBlue

SB

It should of stopped at a Commodore 64 and Ceefax. Right there would do me fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024