Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! 19:46 - Aug 21 with 4941 viewscbower

Consistent style of play will be "vital" according to Gill. Rotation of a few players will not be a problem if the management team have learned their lesson. Find a pattern of play, develop a style and with those players we should be well in the mix. I really hope Mr Lambert can show the talked of "consistent" approach. Seeing is believing I guess.

bluescouser

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 4903 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, I'll believe it when I see it - that it has taken 18 months to get to this position is maddening though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 20:12 - Aug 21 with 4876 viewsMullet

Maybe I'm cynical.

He may as well have just said we need to score more goals than the opposition every week and we'll be all right.

They are the luckiest management team in football to still be here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 20:29 - Aug 21 with 4836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That's a day one statement, not a statement that should be made after nearly 2 seasons in charge.

It's not exactly revolutionary.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 21:32 - Aug 21 with 4748 viewsPrideOfTheEast

As if either of them have a clue what they’re talking about. Gill in particular is at his last last job in football - fraud.
Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 22:01 - Aug 21 with 4691 viewsJDB23

"Vital" yet they didn't understand that last season after 15 years in the management game. Laughable.
Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 4669 viewsArnieM

Do you lot never let it drop ? Back the team or sod off to budgie land ( they moan and whinge like you lot do , so you’ll fit in with them 100% 👍)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 22:23 - Aug 21 with 4651 viewsreusersfreekicks

Surely an experienced manager such as Lambert should have implemented this from the off? More empty words imo
Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 23:06 - Aug 21 with 4593 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’ll be fine Lambert, he’ll get it right.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 00:37 - Aug 22 with 4499 viewsBlueBadger

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 23:06 - Aug 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

He’ll be fine Lambert, he’ll get it right.

He's been making mistake ever since he left Norwich, he'll definitely learn from them this time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 08:39 - Aug 22 with 4322 viewsSteve_M

Believing it is fine, having the confidence to stick to the plan when a few results to awry is another matter. It’s the lack of confidence and apparent belief in his own ability that marks the biggest change in PL since his early days in management.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:12 - Aug 22 with 4272 viewsmonty_radio

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 20:29 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's a day one statement, not a statement that should be made after nearly 2 seasons in charge.

It's not exactly revolutionary.

I know you meed the hide of a rhino when under the public gaze, but to seemingly "discover" after closely examining themselves etc, etc that what they now need is what thousands have been calling for for months and months still feels extraordinary to me.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:14 - Aug 22 with 4269 viewspointofblue

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:12 - Aug 22 by monty_radio

I know you meed the hide of a rhino when under the public gaze, but to seemingly "discover" after closely examining themselves etc, etc that what they now need is what thousands have been calling for for months and months still feels extraordinary to me.

I do wonder if there was a falling out amongst our coaching team when our form declined last season. Maybe some felt from the off that the multiple changes in formations and players would result in a mess.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:19 - Aug 22 with 4254 viewsmonty_radio

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:14 - Aug 22 by pointofblue

I do wonder if there was a falling out amongst our coaching team when our form declined last season. Maybe some felt from the off that the multiple changes in formations and players would result in a mess.

Could be - tho' they seem such a non-descript lot that it seems it couldn't be publicly aired till the great leader uttered it first.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 13:10]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:38 - Aug 22 with 4213 viewsPinewoodblue

“We’ve tweaked one or two things from last year, we have to go again, we’ll try our best to have success and we’ll try everything we can to make the club get promoted. We’ll try again and we’re a really good side when we play like that.”

Lambert’s comment, as reported by Phil, on Wednesday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 4202 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

If and it is a big if, but if we play our strongest X1 every week, barring injuries of course, then we should be top 2. This league is a difficult one to get out of, but with our squad and experience, we should be just fine. Learn from last seasons mistakes and move forward.
Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 10:29 - Aug 22 with 4148 viewspointofblue

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 09:43 - Aug 22 by IpswichBoyBlue

If and it is a big if, but if we play our strongest X1 every week, barring injuries of course, then we should be top 2. This league is a difficult one to get out of, but with our squad and experience, we should be just fine. Learn from last seasons mistakes and move forward.

Not to sound like Lambert or be marked as a supporter of Lambingo but I do think we will have to rotate this year due to the high volume of quick succession. The key will be to keep a shape and style so players can pick up their positions without too many problems.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 11:13 - Aug 22 with 4109 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 00:37 - Aug 22 by BlueBadger

He's been making mistake ever since he left Norwich, he'll definitely learn from them this time.

Has he?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Let's hope Lambert believes what Gill has said!!!!!! on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 4085 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's not wrong but when we have 7 or 8 players who are likely to get injured it then becomes complicated!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024