Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter. Why? 10:18 - Aug 22 with 2614 viewshampstead_blue

I've never engaged. Always seemed the kind of place were the negative could overpower your good will in a flash.

If anyone cares to offer an opinion, if you do use twitter may I ask why?
What do you learn?
Is it good for interesting information?
Is it the 'playground' it seems to be to my eyes?

I'm genuinely interested in why.

Have a good day.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Twitter. Why? on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 2570 viewsBasuco

I use it to get the Town team news an hour before kick off and Town news updates, in my other interest motor sport, BTCC, Porsche Carrera Cup UK, WEC races, you get news and updates on qualifying quickly and easily. You just select which person, team or club to follow.
Twitter. Why? on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 2567 viewsHerbivore

It's handy for me professionally, I don't see much value in it for social networking.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Twitter. Why? on 10:29 - Aug 22 with 2561 viewsfooters

I use it to get expert opinion on crises like covid from learned gentlemen, such as this fella.

https://twitter.com/Tankslider

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Twitter. Why? on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 2485 viewsBlueNomad

I read it just for @realdonaldtrump because I continue to be gobsmacked by him and his weird followers.

As for the negative being overwhelming I find twtd fits the bill.
Twitter. Why? on 11:17 - Aug 22 with 2482 viewshampstead_blue

Thanks.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Twitter. Why? on 11:23 - Aug 22 with 2466 viewsGlasgowBlue

It can be very much like living in a bubble. So I try to mix up who I follow.

I rarely post anything in twitter. Mostly use it as a reader than a contributor.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Twitter. Why? on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 2451 viewsRyorry

For me, it's superb. Get amazing photos of places all over the world that I'll never go to, make buddies all over the world that I'd never otherwise have met, read fiction & poetry before it's published, see art I'd never otherwise have seen.

In practical terms - get news of local road closures, "what's on" & other important stuff I'd not have got from elsewhere & certainly not so quickly, have instant access & get quick responses from companies who don't answer phone or email complaints (they hate the publicity), see stuff like gorgeous hand-carved & polished wooden trinket boxes for sale.

Interest chat with other likeminded people on whatever - dogs, renewables, gardening, humour, politics, current events, music, films etc etc.

It's great for campaigning because of the hashtag and Re-Tweet facility - a tweet can quickly get traction to achieve a million+ views.

Very importantly, it has a total block facility - unlike here, if someone's being persistently abusive, you can block them which means they can no longer see your tweets, as well as you not seeing theirs. They also have a 'mute' facility, which is equivalent to the 'ignore' on here.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Twitter. Why? on 11:36 - Aug 22 with 2446 viewsTieDyedIn95

If you like fake news or fake stories from people trying to get attention for themselves then its great. The amount of people who were allegedly threatened with violence by hardcore-Tory activists over their refusal to clap for the NHS was amazing. It's almost as if Cummings and co. were marauding the streets demanding people clapped.... yet in an age where everything is filmed or photoed the people didn't seem to have any evidence of it happening beyond their own tweet..... and if you want to be a good guy on Twitter, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, ask for evidence for anything! Also the Corona-virus is a hoax thing and masks are communism is equally hilarious lunacy from the other side of the political coin. It's just all great!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Twitter. Why? on 11:43 - Aug 22 with 2428 viewsRyorry

Twitter. Why? on 11:36 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

If you like fake news or fake stories from people trying to get attention for themselves then its great. The amount of people who were allegedly threatened with violence by hardcore-Tory activists over their refusal to clap for the NHS was amazing. It's almost as if Cummings and co. were marauding the streets demanding people clapped.... yet in an age where everything is filmed or photoed the people didn't seem to have any evidence of it happening beyond their own tweet..... and if you want to be a good guy on Twitter, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, ask for evidence for anything! Also the Corona-virus is a hoax thing and masks are communism is equally hilarious lunacy from the other side of the political coin. It's just all great!

All depends who you follow. You have to sus out the good guys & that can be hard to do when you start out, as you've no idea .

Twitter. Why? on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 2415 viewsITFC_Forever

Twitter. Why? on 11:43 - Aug 22 by Ryorry

All depends who you follow. You have to sus out the good guys & that can be hard to do when you start out, as you've no idea .

This.

If you follow the right people, it’s a very informative and interesting place.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Twitter. Why? on 11:57 - Aug 22 with 2402 viewsTieDyedIn95

Twitter. Why? on 11:43 - Aug 22 by Ryorry

It's just pure comedy from my perspective. Anyone who thinks a Government who can't even form a cohesive mask policy or sort out school exams is capable of a large corona conspiracy to get everyone on vaccines in order to make millions while costing the economy and their corporate allies billions is an absolute maniac. They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! Thats why they are politicians.... they we'rent good enough to do real jobs.

Twitter is great for nonsense!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Twitter. Why? on 12:06 - Aug 22 with 2389 viewsFtnfwest

Been on it for the last few months for the first time and it just seems to be an excuse for people to be openly hostile to each other rather than talk about stuff normally
Twitter. Why? on 12:09 - Aug 22 with 2381 viewsRyorry

Twitter. Why? on 12:06 - Aug 22 by Ftnfwest

Been on it for the last few months for the first time and it just seems to be an excuse for people to be openly hostile to each other rather than talk about stuff normally

Like I said, all depends who you follow - hashtags on things you're interested in are a good place to start.

I'd be happy to suggest good people to follow depending on individual interests if anyone wants.

Twitter. Why? on 12:12 - Aug 22 with 2369 viewstrueblue1970

Use it a lot for work but often can be misleading for example the last general election reading twitter you would have thought JC was going to win easily
Maybe an indication of who uses it ?
Twitter. Why? on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 2364 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s like asking why use the Internet?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Twitter. Why? on 12:23 - Aug 22 with 2339 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Twitter. Why? on 12:28 - Aug 22 with 2312 viewsHerbivore

Twitter. Why? on 11:57 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

It's just pure comedy from my perspective. Anyone who thinks a Government who can't even form a cohesive mask policy or sort out school exams is capable of a large corona conspiracy to get everyone on vaccines in order to make millions while costing the economy and their corporate allies billions is an absolute maniac. They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! Thats why they are politicians.... they we'rent good enough to do real jobs.

Twitter is great for nonsense!

You are aware that the people spouting there views are a minority and you can ignore them, right? I never see any of this nonsense on my twitter feed because I don't follow feckwits.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Twitter. Why? on 14:55 - Aug 22 with 2218 viewsTieDyedIn95

Twitter. Why? on 12:09 - Aug 22 by Ryorry

Like I said, all depends who you follow - hashtags on things you're interested in are a good place to start.

I'd be happy to suggest good people to follow depending on individual interests if anyone wants.

A down-vote over twitter. Your definitely one of them!

Do you foam with rage over Lord Sugars tweets as well, or send death threats to celebrities you don't like or agree with? How many hours a day do you spend blocking those you don't agree with?

Twitter = comedy. If your on it seriously, look at yourself!

Twitter. Why? on 17:18 - Aug 22 with 2170 viewsLibero

You’d fit right in, Plenty on their who share your views, sign yourself up.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 17:18]
Twitter. Why? on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 2163 viewsLibero

Twitter. Why? on 12:23 - Aug 22 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

These are end times.
Twitter. Why? on 17:26 - Aug 22 with 2144 viewsRyorry

Twitter. Why? on 14:55 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

A down-vote over twitter. Your definitely one of them!

Do you foam with rage over Lord Sugars tweets as well, or send death threats to celebrities you don't like or agree with? How many hours a day do you spend blocking those you don't agree with?

Twitter = comedy. If your on it seriously, look at yourself!

In case you hadn't noticed, this place has an occasional one such as yourself.

At least on there I can block abusive people who make up stuff or post lies & defamatory comments, as you've just done. 1 minute once a month average is all that's needed. Unfortunately I can't do the same to you on here.

Twitter. Why? on 17:51 - Aug 22 with 2100 viewsDubtractor

I use it for my music stuff. I do a radio show and it is a brilliant way to be in touch with bands, labels, pr companies, venues etc.

If you look on there for mainly political stuff it is a sh1tshow.

If you look on there for football stuff there is some decent stuff.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Twitter. Why? on 20:18 - Aug 22 with 2041 viewsmonytowbray

I don’t tweet anymore but it makes an excellent news feed if you follow the right journalists and accounts.

I have a mix of stuff the MSM never seem to cover properly if at all (mostly Russian election interference and Epstein stuff via Anonymous/Carole Cadwalladr), lefties I agree with, righties I despise (know your enemy), UFOs, football and music.

I watch the replies to many of the accounts and play “Spot the Bot” too. Fun to figure out where the propaganda is coming from (and how much of it is our own government).
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 20:19]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024