Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cornell 15:30 - Aug 22 with 4430 viewscaptainfantastic

Looks hopeless

Poll: player of the season so far?

Cornell on 19:53 - Aug 22 with 685 viewsitfcjoe

Cornell on 19:32 - Aug 22 by Freddies_Ears

It was smart management not to expose Holy's confidence by making him play the first half v a decent Tottenham front 3. Cornell got no help from his defence....

Cornell had 3 of the presumptive starting back 4 in front of him....

I’d rather we played how we want to, if we’d have wanted to shut up shop and play for a draw then we may have had more success but it’s hardly the point - good to see

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cornell on 20:53 - Aug 22 with 606 viewsWickets

Cornell on 16:02 - Aug 22 by captainfantastic

He was out of position for the first, so that's another mistake in my book

Nothing to do with the fact Young Drinan gave the ball away and then Nsiala inexplicable failed to make a challenge ? Just blame the keeper .
Cornell on 12:56 - Aug 24 with 457 viewscaptainfantastic

Cornell on 20:53 - Aug 22 by Wickets

Nothing to do with the fact Young Drinan gave the ball away and then Nsiala inexplicable failed to make a challenge ? Just blame the keeper .

Yes there were many mistakes in the lead up to the shot. However at the point of the shot his positioning is wrong and he second guessed the shot so his weight went the wrong way

Cornell on 13:07 - Aug 24 with 431 viewscaptainfantastic

Cornell on 15:51 - Aug 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Sums up some of our fan base this post.

The problem with our fans is that we've come to accept absolute mediocrity with Evans facing no resistance. Since Evans has taken over we've progressively regressed and I can't stand much more of it tbh.

In the first 10 mins I watched Cornell nearly pass the ball into his own net, poor positioning for the Sessegnon goal, and then give a goal away with a sloppy pass.

I just hope Lambert doesn't rotate the keepers and gives Holy a proper crack.

Cornell on 13:10 - Aug 24 with 424 viewsDarth_Koont

I was expecting much worse from the highlights. Were there other moments that he screwed up?

1st goal he was clearly covering the far post angle that Nsiala's challenge forced. Only problem was the shot then went through Nsiala but seen those goals scored many times before.

2nd was clearly his and the defence's fault. Definitely a poor clearance but the sort of situation you'd hope not to see develop in a league game. Cornell and Woolfenden before him should have just cleared the danger.

3rd goal, he did everything right but just a sublime finish.

He'll not be happy but it's a couple of dodgy moments that a good opposition punished. Not sure we need to worry too much at this stage.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cornell on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 411 viewscaptainfantastic

Cornell on 13:10 - Aug 24 by Darth_Koont

I was expecting much worse from the highlights. Were there other moments that he screwed up?

1st goal he was clearly covering the far post angle that Nsiala's challenge forced. Only problem was the shot then went through Nsiala but seen those goals scored many times before.

2nd was clearly his and the defence's fault. Definitely a poor clearance but the sort of situation you'd hope not to see develop in a league game. Cornell and Woolfenden before him should have just cleared the danger.

3rd goal, he did everything right but just a sublime finish.

He'll not be happy but it's a couple of dodgy moments that a good opposition punished. Not sure we need to worry too much at this stage.

Just one incident at the start where he nearly passed into his own net. Otherwise had little to do

Cornell on 13:17 - Aug 24 with 398 viewsDarth_Koont

Cornell on 13:12 - Aug 24 by captainfantastic

Just one incident at the start where he nearly passed into his own net. Otherwise had little to do

Fair enough.

Let's just hope it's match rustiness. He'll get another chance to get things right in one of the cup games, I'm sure.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024