Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it’s Alan Nixon... 10:10 - Aug 23 with 2149 viewsKieran_Knows

but Town want to sell Norwood, Swindon in for him on loan.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:14 - Aug 23 with 2106 viewsclive_baker

Grammar. Overrated.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:15 - Aug 23 with 2101 viewsIpswichKnight

If anything we should try to engineer the sale to Dundee United, he won’t be back then then to do us over with a brace and or a hatrick against us.

It is starting to sound like we aren’t that fussed if we do lose him now as these stories are not going away.
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:19 - Aug 23 with 2051 viewshadleighboyblue

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:15 - Aug 23 by IpswichKnight

If anything we should try to engineer the sale to Dundee United, he won’t be back then then to do us over with a brace and or a hatrick against us.

It is starting to sound like we aren’t that fussed if we do lose him now as these stories are not going away.

Would be nice if the club made some sort of comment ......like he is not for sale ,or we are open to offers .
Either way this shouldn't be allowed to drag on
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:21 - Aug 23 with 2039 viewsChrisd

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:15 - Aug 23 by IpswichKnight

If true, Norwood is that type of player that would undoubtedly stick a few past us and thrive on it. I’d be disappointed to see him leave, there was more to come from him and we got glimpses of his ability last season. Imagine if we had him playing injury free?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 2028 viewsITFCBlues

I just don't see how we can do a deal like this with the salary cap in place and the wages he's on. We must have zero room for manouver as it stands and allowing Norwood to go only lowers that.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 2029 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:27 - Aug 23 with 1980 viewshadleighboyblue

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:22 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

Well I'm pretty unhappy with how PL handled things last season ......and he's still here .

Come on Town , come clean , what's going on with Norwood
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:30 - Aug 23 with 1958 viewsWD19

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:19 - Aug 23 by hadleighboyblue

Would be nice if the club made some sort of comment ......like he is not for sale ,or we are open to offers .
Either way this shouldn't be allowed to drag on

I’m more interested in the clubs view of what they think would be a better option.

Norwood is imperfect.....but can only really be judged against the alternative.
Login to get fewer ads

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:33 - Aug 23 with 1926 viewshadleighboyblue

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:30 - Aug 23 by WD19

I’m more interested in the clubs view of what they think would be a better option.

Norwood is imperfect.....but can only really be judged against the alternative.

Is this why PL is bigging up Drinnan ?
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:46 - Aug 23 with 1824 viewsJamestownPrince

If Norwood does go - I hope that Lambert has plans.....

It may be we get a late bid for Jackson
Morris is out for the season

With Wage issues we could be in the situation of..
(a) using Brown and Simpson - and if they are "ready", PL doesn't appear to think that
(b) trying to get a European 33 year old journeyman in who last season scored 2 goals in 23 games for Hofmeister Kickers (aka Laursen Toure or Balint Bajner)
(c) trying to get a Premier league under 19 player in on a low wage - but perhaps the deal will include having to play a number of games
(d) trying to get a youngster in from a Championship team who we can afford wages wise, but is nowhere near their first team (9th choice striker from Huddersfield)
(e) someone released by a National league side due to cost cutting measures..
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:54 - Aug 23 with 1777 viewsitfc48

Could be that Lambert sees him as a disruption if he's constantly trying to play the role of class clown. Certain things can provide amusement early on but soon prove tiresome.

If we publicly state we want to let him go that immediately reduces our bargaining power.
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 13:20 - Aug 23 with 1501 viewscatch74

My mates being a bit cagey now, as obviously can’t give out too much. Essentially re-iterated that Norwood sat down with ME - who wants him here, so he’s expecting to stay. Money unlikely to be matched elsewhere and got a two year contract here. No mention of interaction with Lambert but doesn’t mean there hasn’t been any.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 13:50 - Aug 23 with 1403 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would be pure madness to let him go.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 14:04 - Aug 23 with 1374 viewsWD19

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:33 - Aug 23 by hadleighboyblue

Is this why PL is bigging up Drinnan ?

I must admit that was my first thought.
I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 14:30 - Aug 23 with 1304 viewsBryanPlug

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:54 - Aug 23 by itfc48

Could be that Lambert sees him as a disruption if he's constantly trying to play the role of class clown. Certain things can provide amusement early on but soon prove tiresome.

If we publicly state we want to let him go that immediately reduces our bargaining power.

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 15:40 - Aug 23 with 1126 viewsTieDyedIn95

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 10:22 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

The rumour has been that he's wanted to leave Ipswich since around January time anyway, so is nothing new.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 18:15 - Aug 23 with 964 viewsBryanPlug

I know it’s Alan Nixon... on 15:40 - Aug 23 by TieDyedIn95

The rumour has been that he's wanted to leave Ipswich since around January time anyway, so is nothing new.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024