Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion 14:09 - Aug 23 with 3615 viewsGerkensBeard

Walker would fit our system perfectly. Top striker in this league and still has some levels to go. Get him with a loan to buy. Hefty loan fee to cover the wages. Go do it.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:17 - Aug 23 with 3556 viewsIllinoisblue

Walker’s best stats are in League 2, just like Norwood’s. Would he really be that much of an upgrade?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:17 - Aug 23 with 3556 viewsCokeIsKey

Same with Johnson Clarke-Harris from Bristol and maybe even Rhodes. Suited to our system, more physical and better in the air than Norwood and probably a better finisher. That and a good defender on loan to partner Woolfenden such as Harry Souttar from Stoke who had a good season at Fleetwood.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 3544 viewsCokeIsKey

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:17 - Aug 23 by Illinoisblue

Walker’s best stats are in League 2, just like Norwood’s. Would he really be that much of an upgrade?

He would be. Only 23 so isn't past his prime and scored a fair few more goals than Norwood this season for an average Lincoln side.

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:33 - Aug 23 with 3447 viewsGerkensBeard

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:17 - Aug 23 by Illinoisblue

Err. Tyler Walker scored 14 before going back to forest in January. Making him on course to of got 28
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:51 - Aug 23 with 3341 viewsHerbivore

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:33 - Aug 23 by GerkensBeard

Err. Tyler Walker scored 14 before going back to forest in January. Making him on course to of got 28

Not quite as many as that, he'd played 29 league games for his 14 goals. Still, he was on for a very good season and would likely have broken the 20 goal mark. Really not sure how we'd afford him though, much as I'd be very happy to bring him in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:55 - Aug 23 with 3313 viewsGerkensBeard

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:51 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Not quite as many as that, he'd played 29 league games for his 14 goals. Still, he was on for a very good season and would likely have broken the 20 goal mark. Really not sure how we'd afford him though, much as I'd be very happy to bring him in.

He’d of got 25 easy.

Get around the salary cap by paying a hefty loan fee to forest so they continue to pay some of his wages in which we’d pay as much as we could.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 15:15 - Aug 23 with 3196 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good player to get in IF we sell Norwood. Maybe this is who Lambert has his eye on.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:00 - Aug 23 with 2864 viewsHerbivore

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 14:55 - Aug 23 by GerkensBeard

He’d of got 25 easy.

Get around the salary cap by paying a hefty loan fee to forest so they continue to pay some of his wages in which we’d pay as much as we could.

I'm not sure we have the cash to throw a big loan fee at Forest. He might have got 25, based on his performance before going back to Forest he was more in line for around 21 or 22 if the season had been played to the end.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 2831 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:00 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

I'm not sure we have the cash to throw a big loan fee at Forest. He might have got 25, based on his performance before going back to Forest he was more in line for around 21 or 22 if the season had been played to the end.

If we sell Norwood, then shouldn't be a problem. I think if we can get Norwood fit and head right, then we do not need anything else. If Norwood goes, as seems likely, then the son of Des will do for me.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 2819 viewsHerbivore

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:03 - Aug 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

If we sell Norwood, then shouldn't be a problem. I think if we can get Norwood fit and head right, then we do not need anything else. If Norwood goes, as seems likely, then the son of Des will do for me.

Nobody is going to pay us money for Norwood and be able to match his wages.

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:10 - Aug 23 with 2793 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:05 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Nobody is going to pay us money for Norwood and be able to match his wages.

As long as he is off our wage bill, it should free up enough for Walker, shouldn't it? I don't know the finances of either, but if Forest want him out on loan, then a deal could be done.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:16 - Aug 23 with 2767 viewsHerbivore

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:10 - Aug 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

As long as he is off our wage bill, it should free up enough for Walker, shouldn't it? I don't know the finances of either, but if Forest want him out on loan, then a deal could be done.

Getting his wages off will be no mean feat. He's very highly paid at this level and he's not going to find a club above this level that could match his salary quite easily. To get him off the wage bill we'd probably have to pay up at least some of his contract and that's not going to leave much money to sign someone like Walker.

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:20 - Aug 23 with 2753 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:16 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Getting his wages off will be no mean feat. He's very highly paid at this level and he's not going to find a club above this level that could match his salary quite easily. To get him off the wage bill we'd probably have to pay up at least some of his contract and that's not going to leave much money to sign someone like Walker.

Yeah, sorry Herb Man. Just read Grizzles take on it and it makes sense now. We will only be able to pay any incoming player £2,000 a week and Walker ain't going for that, so deal is a dead un. Sorry again mate, I was being a bit thick there.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:21 - Aug 23 with 2743 viewsHerbivore

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:20 - Aug 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

Yeah, sorry Herb Man. Just read Grizzles take on it and it makes sense now. We will only be able to pay any incoming player £2,000 a week and Walker ain't going for that, so deal is a dead un. Sorry again mate, I was being a bit thick there.

No need to apologise mate. The salary cap stuff is a bit confusing to be fair and it scuppers us getting players like Norwood off the books as much as it makes it harder for us to bring new players in.

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 2731 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:21 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

No need to apologise mate. The salary cap stuff is a bit confusing to be fair and it scuppers us getting players like Norwood off the books as much as it makes it harder for us to bring new players in.

Still think though, that if he doesn't want to be here, we should try and get rid. Will do more harm than good if he stays.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:28 - Aug 23 with 2715 viewsCokeIsKey

It's true, no chance of us buying a quality striker straight after offloading Norwood. We would either have to get a loan in with big loan fee and most wages covered by the parent club, or offload about 3 more players to get that needed 8k off the wage bill for a player like Clarke-Harris (which to be fair doesn't seem impossible given Lamberts comments about reducing the squad size).

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:32 - Aug 23 with 2689 viewsElderGrizzly

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

We have a cap of £2.5m a year, which we can spend how we like. It works out an an average of just over £2k a week for Players who were here before the cap came in no matter their real wage.

If we had £5k a week left over below the cap, we can pay a player that amount.

Phil had done some calculations and i’m sure it showed we were basically at the cap already, hence my point that if Norwood goes we would only have around £2k a week to play with.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:52 - Aug 23 with 2609 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No sense to sell him now. I think he'll be sold next season unless he has a quality season and we go up. He's very capable of scoring goals. Just need him. Fit and hiring and that's a massive issue I suspect as he's been out a long time and doesn't strike me as the naturally fit sort. I think that is the whole reason the possibility has come about. I suspect he has come back way less fit then others.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:52 - Aug 23 with 2608 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:32 - Aug 23 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

We have a cap of £2.5m a year, which we can spend how we like. It works out an an average of just over £2k a week for Players who were here before the cap came in no matter their real wage.

Phil had done some calculations and i’m sure it showed we were basically at the cap already, hence my point that if Norwood goes we would only have around £2k a week to play with.

Yeah, get that now. Thanks Grizzle. We have plenty we can shift out to free up enough for Walker, if the deal was possible.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:53 - Aug 23 with 2598 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:52 - Aug 23 by Terry_Nutkins

No sense to sell him now. I think he'll be sold next season unless he has a quality season and we go up. He's very capable of scoring goals. Just need him. Fit and hiring and that's a massive issue I suspect as he's been out a long time and doesn't strike me as the naturally fit sort. I think that is the whole reason the possibility has come about. I suspect he has come back way less fit then others.

The problem is, I don't think he wants to be here, so best get rid.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:57 - Aug 23 with 2587 viewsAce_High1

Plenty of squad filler to still move out.

We should utilise our youngsters more.

Offload:

Norwood
Nsiala
Nolan
Edwards

All guff and we are much better with a smaller squad.
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 19:22 - Aug 23 with 2424 viewsGerkensBeard

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:32 - Aug 23 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

What I’m saying with the loan fee is that a large chunk of the loan fee can go to forest to keep paying his wages and we pay the rest. So say Walker would be on 8K a week. So we pay forest a big loan fee for them to keep paying him say 6K a week and we make up the other 2K with our cap.

Deals like this will be done. In theory we will still pay his wages but through a loophole in the cap
Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 21:16 - Aug 23 with 2190 viewsArnieM

My question is , what’s gone wrong behind the scenes with Norwood ?? He’s had an injury ( like so many other players )... in rehab like do many others .... do what’s different with Norwood? Why are Clubs being linked with a “ loan move”?

What’s going on ?????

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 21:43 - Aug 23 with 2086 viewsChrisd

Norwood out. Walker in = Promotion on 17:03 - Aug 23 by IpswichBoyBlue

‘You’ll never beat Des Walker!’

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024