Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? 09:52 - Aug 24 with 1298 viewshampstead_blue

PL has clearly stated that JN isn't there as his first choice.
Seems odd.
Also his op was 6 months ago. He should be easily 100% by now.

My thought is that it's PL's system.
Only 1 up top isn't enough at this level. We need two.

Is JN a wrong 'un?
Has he smashed the jaffa cakes during lockdown?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 09:59 - Aug 24 with 1256 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bloody hell fire. Some people.

You never know with injuries, whether set backs occur, so I’m not really interested in people saying he should be fit now, leave that to the physios.

Norwood fits the 1 up top system better than anyone else we have.

No Norwood is not a wrong’un, he’s a little behind on his training due to his injury.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:28 - Aug 24 with 1172 viewsblueislander

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 09:59 - Aug 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

You never know with injuries, whether set backs occur, so I’m not really interested in people saying he should be fit now, leave that to the physios.

No Norwood is not a wrong’un, he’s a little behind on his training due to his injury.

His fitness aside, he did rather flatter to deceive. After initially looking like the striking Messiah we had been hoping for, he didn't really play that well. Of course , that could be said of several Town players.
Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:33 - Aug 24 with 1154 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:28 - Aug 24 by blueislander

His fitness aside, he did rather flatter to deceive. After initially looking like the striking Messiah we had been hoping for, he didn't really play that well. Of course , that could be said of several Town players.

Did he? I thought he had a good return for a short season whilst playing on injections and tablets.

He is what he is, and he will score goals throughout a full season, absolutely no doubt about that in my mind, but he’s never going to be this sexy, silky footballer, but he will find the back of the net, and that’s all I ask from my number 9.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:38 - Aug 24 with 1134 viewsblueislander

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:33 - Aug 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Did he? I thought he had a good return for a short season whilst playing on injections and tablets.

He is what he is, and he will score goals throughout a full season, absolutely no doubt about that in my mind, but he’s never going to be this sexy, silky footballer, but he will find the back of the net, and that’s all I ask from my number 9.

He missed rather too many good chances to score imo.
Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 11:28 - Aug 24 with 989 viewsFreddy

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 10:33 - Aug 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Hope he stays , will score plenty this season
Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 12:02 - Aug 24 with 934 viewshampstead_blue

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 09:59 - Aug 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

I was just asking the question.

There must be something in it for PL to come out with the tone he has.
I'm just asking. Not getting at him.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 12:06 - Aug 24 with 916 viewshype313

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 12:02 - Aug 24 by hampstead_blue

I was just asking the question.

There must be something in it for PL to come out with the tone he has.
I'm just asking. Not getting at him.

Classic pre season quotes going on "New season slate for everyone" "Got everything to prove" all that jazz, to be fair, Norwood does have something to prove, because he wasn't that prolific last season and it will be interesting to see how he looks fully fit, he also has some youngsters breathing down his neck, so hopefully we will see the best of him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood. Wrong 'un or PL's system? on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 845 viewsElephantintheRoom

A bit of both perhaps? Norwood was clearly a bit of a ''wrong'un' from the moment he stabbed his previous club in the back whilst adopting the persona of the poor man's Jimmy Bullard on the basis of some tranisient success in non-league football and the 4th division.

Lambert slearly hasn't got much of a clue on how best to adapt his limited abilities - nor has he stayed fit long enough for his true ability to be recognised. From what we have seen so far he is a profligate egotisitcal prat - and maybe the manager is right to look for a bit more reliablility and/or common sense.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024