Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery 19:48 - Aug 24 with 1646 viewsitfc_bucks

Just seen a lad called Laverty was called up to the Norn Ireland squad. It wasnt our ex player, but it got me thinking of the drama when he rejected our contract offer, thinking he was Billy big time and then wasn't really ever heard of again.

Kundai Benyu was probably our most recent example of that. Wiki seems to suggest he's still at Celtic, but I can't say I've heard of him doing much up there and he seems to have been out on loan a lot.

Any other ex players who thought they were a bit special who bailed and disappeared?
Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 20:46 - Aug 24 with 1419 viewsSwailsey

From what I remember CL was offered peanuts (as in, almost insultingly low amounts) and chose to go elsewhere didn’t he?

He was also at Sheff Utd until 2 years ago and is only in the level below us, so I wouldn’t say he’s disappeared.

Benyu definitely didn’t push on though.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 21:25 - Aug 24 with 1318 viewsitfc_bucks

Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 20:46 - Aug 24 by Swailsey

From what I remember CL was offered peanuts (as in, almost insultingly low amounts) and chose to go elsewhere didn’t he?

He was also at Sheff Utd until 2 years ago and is only in the level below us, so I wouldn’t say he’s disappeared.

64 appearances in the past 2 years and 11 goals to show for it isn't making me think we missed the boat.
Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 23:47 - Aug 24 with 1062 viewsStNeotsBlue

Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 20:46 - Aug 24 by Swailsey

He was at Wednesday wasn't he?
Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 07:22 - Aug 25 with 867 viewsitfc_bucks

Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 23:47 - Aug 24 by StNeotsBlue

He was at Wednesday wasn't he?

Played for both
Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 08:39 - Aug 25 with 750 viewsitfcjoe

I think a bit harsh on both of them - Lavery was given an insulting offer, we held on to his registration for months and months so he couldn't go elsewhere without compensation and then he finally got away. Was treated very shabbily.

The fact he is still in the EFL is a big achievement, I don't think anyone else in his cohort is still playing professionally - most are in the local non leagues or not play in at all

And for Benyu - would you sign a one year deal at Ipswich under McCarthy or a 4 year deal at Celtic under Brendan Rodgers if given the choice?

It's not about thinking they were a bit special, it was about making career moves which were best for them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kundai Benyu & Caolan Lavery on 09:16 - Aug 25 with 692 viewsHarlestonblue

Lavery is now with Walsall
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024