Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Consistency 16:22 - Aug 25 with 467 viewsWeekender

We all complained last season about a lack of consistency in style, selection and system but now that PL is attempting to stick to a plan I'm seeing a number of posts asking when hes going to abandon what he's trying because its not working. Its pre-season and we're playing premier league sides. Stop being silly.

It may take a long time for a style and system to bed in and along the way there will be mistakes, poor performances and poor results but this is the short term price to pay. The alternative is the constant changes we saw last season. Using them up the road as an example; it was a season and a half before Farke started getting consistently good performances and results but he didn't deviate from the plan and in the end it worked. This approach tends to be the way to achieve long term success.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Consistency on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 435 viewsFixed_It

Stop being sensible. Surely you can see that we're doomed to failure already!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Consistency on 16:31 - Aug 25 with 411 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have called for that consistency and I am happy with what I have seen so far pre-season.

One caveat, we cannot have a midfield lacking a defensive midfielder as we did for the last half hour. We also need a feasible plan B - probably involving 2 up front and a narrower midfield or 5 at the back to provide the width from wing backs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Consistency on 16:38 - Aug 25 with 386 viewsGarv

Consistency on 16:31 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have called for that consistency and I am happy with what I have seen so far pre-season.

One caveat, we cannot have a midfield lacking a defensive midfielder as we did for the last half hour. We also need a feasible plan B - probably involving 2 up front and a narrower midfield or 5 at the back to provide the width from wing backs.

I'm surprised more people aren't having Skuse in their starting XIs to be honest. I imagine it'll be him or Huws alongside Downes and Bishop on the first day.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Consistency on 16:39 - Aug 25 with 374 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Too sensible and level headed for this forum, you'll have to leave.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024