Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games 17:26 - Aug 25 with 926 viewsRadlett_blue

After the 1-2 defeat to West Ham in July 2018 I thought we would have a good season. Harrison looked excellent, the young players like Dozzell, Woolfenden, Downes & Nydam were very promising, as was Edwards. Did Hurst actually ruin things by bringing in his later expensive, disastrous signings like Nolan, Donacien & Nsiala and that's what ruined things? We can never go back, but I think a Town team base don that starting XI would not have been relegated.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 17:35 - Aug 25 with 885 viewsRobTheMonk

Not overly fussed about pre season. Best place to try some new ideas. Wigan is the game that's going to count.

Still think Lambert is on thin ice and deservedly so.
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 17:54 - Aug 25 with 825 viewsRegencyBlue

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 17:35 - Aug 25 by RobTheMonk

Not overly fussed about pre season. Best place to try some new ideas. Wigan is the game that's going to count.

Preseason is about fitness more than anything else.

We’ve had great preseasons in the past but started the season proper disastrously and equally we have has poor preseasons and started the season like a rocket. You really just cannot tell a lot of the time.

Having said that I do not think this squad is anywhere near as strong as some on here do but time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 17:57]
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 17:57 - Aug 25 with 811 viewsbackwaywhen

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 17:35 - Aug 25 by RobTheMonk

Thin ice ! He is a dead man walking , not good enough as an out and out manager , needs a good no2 to help him make the right decisions/ choices for both team selection and tactics .
Extremely lacking in my opinion ...... hope I’m wrong.
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 776 viewsmonty_radio

I hope you're right, otherwise West Ham will be stepping up their interest in Downes.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 768 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala would have been destroyed/insulted on this forum if he did what Chambers had done today.
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:36 - Aug 25 with 734 viewsRadlett_blue

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:13 - Aug 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala would have been destroyed/insulted on this forum if he did what Chambers had done today.

I think they are both inadequate if we are serious about promotion. Wilson isn't much better.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:43 - Aug 25 with 725 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:36 - Aug 25 by Radlett_blue

I think they are both inadequate if we are serious about promotion. Wilson isn't much better.

Chambers has been inadequate since the Hurst season if not before that.
Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:50 - Aug 25 with 708 viewsBlueBadger

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 18:13 - Aug 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Easy to read too much into pre season friendly games on 20:03 - Aug 25 with 644 viewsazuremerlangus

I thought Toto looked OK today as did Donacien.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024