Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If its any consolation 19:40 - Aug 25 with 356 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Wycombe lost 5-1 to West Ham. I don't think we can read too much into these Premier league friendlies.

Poll: Final points total?

If its any consolation on 19:51 - Aug 25 with 324 viewsTieDyedIn95

Yes, and no.

When we win them it's all great then the games are apparently worthwhile and when we lose we're told to basically shut up and not read anything into them. The whole point of these matches is to gain fitness but to tweak, change and see what direction your going to go in for the new season.

Even Lambert said himself, you make those kind of cock ups at the back (as was the case with both Spurs and West Ham) it doesn't matter what level you are at, your going to gift goals away, which is what we did for much of the end of last season it was just that we were playing sides too poor to make good on all the mistakes aside from P'Boro who also ate them up.

We have the same players making the same schoolboy errors at the back, one being the senior player at the club and up top we're toothless. I can't see us doing anything next season, we're not able to bring in a couple of quality defenders and a striker, which is what we need. We have a ton of midfielders, but can't play them all, just eating up wages.

Being promoted is going to be a lottery, I am sure we'll get lucky one season but I don't think it will be with this manager or squad. I stand by my prediction of 7th to 11th for next season. We've lost Garbutt who was a key factor in when we were doing well and replaced by Ward who isn't even close to offering the same thing as a player, we're losing what 11 goals in Norwood and have replaced him with Pompeys cast off striker whos had injury problems himself, and our new second choice keeper much like Norris has played most of his career in the 4th and 5th tiers of English football. What has improved? How long before the usual suspects are injured again? If we didn't cut it with a better side last season, why would we do any better next?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 19:52]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024