Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunt, Tom. MP (c) 16:26 - Aug 26 with 3417 viewsartsbossbeard

Has put a poll on his sycophantic fb page where you can vote on the defunding of the BBC, which he'll bring to parliament if he gets the right result, which he will, of course.

Fans of "smashing the system" and/or "sh1ts & giggles" with a constituency postcode fill your boots here.

https://www.tom4ipswich.com/haveyoursay-should-the-bbc-licence-fee-be-abolished/

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:28 - Aug 26 with 2622 viewsMullet

Always weird how the anti BBC lot are always the wrong side of the "why can't I be racist?" and "why can't we have England Today type news?" circles on the venn diagram of morons.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:30 - Aug 26 with 2619 viewsartsbossbeard

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:28 - Aug 26 by Mullet

Always weird how the anti BBC lot are always the wrong side of the "why can't I be racist?" and "why can't we have England Today type news?" circles on the venn diagram of morons.

"Political Commentator" Darren Grimes has had me in stitches today with his "yes, the left are in the minority but still have a massive say in what we can and can't do/say" postings.

The swivel eyed loon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 2584 viewsMullet

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:30 - Aug 26 by artsbossbeard

"Political Commentator" Darren Grimes has had me in stitches today with his "yes, the left are in the minority but still have a massive say in what we can and can't do/say" postings.

The swivel eyed loon.

Barely literate political prostitute Darren Grimes? That one?

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:34 - Aug 26 with 2581 viewsartsbossbeard

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:33 - Aug 26 by Mullet

Barely literate political prostitute Darren Grimes? That one?

One and the same.

#defundthebbc

Then:

"catch me on BBC North East tomorrow when I'll be..."

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:51 - Aug 26 with 2521 viewsJ2BLUE

That's an incorrect spelling of cun-

oh I see!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:53 - Aug 26 with 2518 viewsDubtractor

Every now and then he pops up in my timeline on fb or twitter, and the comments are just bizarre. Sycophants just about nails it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 2500 viewstractordownsouth

Remember it's Labour that need to move away from fringe causes like the NHS and start concentrating on important issues like the BBC, Big Ben bonging for Brexit and singing Rule Britannia

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 2488 viewsartsbossbeard

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:58 - Aug 26 by tractordownsouth

Remember it's Labour that need to move away from fringe causes like the NHS and start concentrating on important issues like the BBC, Big Ben bonging for Brexit and singing Rule Britannia

Where is pocket rocket Francois currently? He's gone awfully quiet...?

Login to get fewer ads

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 17:01 - Aug 26 with 2464 viewstractordownsouth

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:30 - Aug 26 by artsbossbeard

The swivel eyed loon.

Right wing victim culture in full swing as usual

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 2444 viewstractordownsouth

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 16:59 - Aug 26 by artsbossbeard

Still wiping the jizz off his bedsheets from 31st January

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 17:04 - Aug 26 with 2448 viewsMullet

Someone took the ladder off his Action Man bunkbed and he's currently doing a Grandpa from Charlie and the Chocolate factory waiting for his golden Brexit ticket I reckon.

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 17:18 - Aug 26 with 2399 viewsvapour_trail

I’m sure there’s nothing to see here.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 17:19 - Aug 26 with 2403 viewsfactual_blue

My chums and I were discussing this morning how he's been curiously silent on the Last Night of the Proms controversy.

Right up his street.

We were also speculating on a politician, a violinist and a superinjunction.

Best leave it there, lest the bailiffs turn up at TWTD Towers.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 18:11 - Aug 26 with 2297 viewsEastTownBlue

If the BBC is defunded I wonder if anyone will bother broadcasting the Proms season that they are so precious about on TV and Radio ?
Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 19:24 - Aug 26 with 2206 viewsMark

In a world of fake news, we need the BBC more than ever as a trusted source of news and education. It may have faults, but I support it as a great British institution.
Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 2110 views26_Paz

Good, I hope it gets as many votes as possible. The BBC is an archaic concept funded by a regressive tax. It should be made to fund itself like every other broadcaster in the world (with the notable exception of a few in China or North Korea)

The Paz Man

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:34 - Aug 26 with 2104 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:26 - Aug 26 by 26_Paz

Good, I hope it gets as many votes as possible. The BBC is an archaic concept funded by a regressive tax. It should be made to fund itself like every other broadcaster in the world (with the notable exception of a few in China or North Korea)

The BBC is many things.

For one, it is an impartial (to a fault) source of news to a worldwide audience.

It is also one of our greatest sources of soft global power. Billions of people tune into the World Service for a UK POV. It also used to (before the Tories privatised it) monitor the world's media, which was of benefit to our country.

It does partially fund itself through the products it sells overseas.

The contribution you make to the licence fee is split almost 50/50 in favour of its broadcast remit and the rest on national and local arts/culture initiatives, which central government would now never dream of funding.

The licence isn't a tax, it's voluntary.

If you want a free and impartial press, the BBC is the bastion of that. Unless you want Fox News. Which, if I've read your posts correctly, you wouldn't be too bothered about.
Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:51 - Aug 26 with 2043 viewsPlums

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 19:24 - Aug 26 by Mark

In a world of fake news, we need the BBC more than ever as a trusted source of news and education. It may have faults, but I support it as a great British institution.

I agree. It also provides a phenomenal service to rural communities in this country. I dread to think what my mum would do without her local radio.
The defund mob focus on TV and news but there is a lot more to the BBC than that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 23:41 - Aug 26 with 1998 viewsEnigma_Blue

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:34 - Aug 26 by NotMarcusEvans

The BBC is many things.

For one, it is an impartial (to a fault) source of news to a worldwide audience.

It is also one of our greatest sources of soft global power. Billions of people tune into the World Service for a UK POV. It also used to (before the Tories privatised it) monitor the world's media, which was of benefit to our country.

The contribution you make to the licence fee is split almost 50/50 in favour of its broadcast remit and the rest on national and local arts/culture initiatives, which central government would now never dream of funding.

If you want a free and impartial press, the BBC is the bastion of that. Unless you want Fox News. Which, if I've read your posts correctly, you wouldn't be too bothered about.

"The Licence isn't a tax it's voluntary"

In that case seeing as all the money goes to the BBC the TV license should be for access to the BBC channels only. It should not be a case of having to pay the license fee just for the right to watch any live television broadcasts.
Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 07:26 - Aug 27 with 1894 views26_Paz

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 22:34 - Aug 26 by NotMarcusEvans

The BBC is many things.

If you want to watch TV in this country regardless of whether that’s BBC or not you have to pay it, the vast majority of people will want to watch TV, therefore it may as well be a tax.
It’s a broadcasting company these ‘arts initiatives’ are beyond its remit and if they’re economically unviable they shouldn’t be using our licence fee to fund them.
This is a can of worms I perhaps shouldn’t open but given statements coming out of senior figures in the BBC during the last week relating to the whole ‘Rule Britannia’ debacle I’m not entirely convinced of their impartiality ...

The Paz Man

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 07:37 - Aug 27 with 1878 viewshampstead_blue

Have to say I've never heard of Darren Grimes but the fb poll is not a very elegant way of creating a debate.

You can't 'defund' the BBC for being a left-wing mouthpiece. You can prove the point and then ask for reform.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 08:00 - Aug 27 with 1830 viewsDanTheMan

You realise there are other broadcasters funded in a very similar way in Europe right?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 08:03 - Aug 27 with 1825 views26_Paz

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 08:00 - Aug 27 by DanTheMan

You realise there are other broadcasters funded in a very similar way in Europe right?

I didn’t realise that, happy to be corrected if I’ve made a mistake. Which countries?

The Paz Man

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 08:07 - Aug 27 with 1822 viewsbournemouthblue

Strange that Tories would like to privatise the Beeb

They have an excellent track record with this for other public bodies

Serco have done an excellent job with Track and Trace, such a great job in fact, the former boss of the highly reliable talk talk has been given the role of whatever they seem to want to replace Public Health England with?

Then we have the Privatisation of the probation service, where he have had several high profile terrorism incidents linked to this.

The academisation of the school system, moving schools outside Local Education Authority control. When it was pointed out to Nicky Morgan that the London system run by local authorities, was performing very well, she had no answer at all to this.

What else have we got?

Selling off the Royal Mail for well under it's actual value.
The same was done with the banks we still had shares in.
£500 million of PPE contracts handed to tiny companies with no proper tendering process?

Railways?
British Gas?
BT?

Basically if Dominic Cummings thinks it's a great idea, you should probably do the opposite
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 8:09]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hunt, Tom. MP (c) on 08:15 - Aug 27 with 1803 viewsartsbossbeard

Morning Tom, been reported to the Po-Po for any further hate crimes recently?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024