Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things 07:33 - Aug 27 with 1364 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53907761

You'd think that they would be better. After all they have been hard at this type of execution fo years.

I think Vlad's GCSE in "Ingestion of toxic substances" would have been a 'Fail'.

In all seriousness, countries do need to do more to isolate Russia.

P.S: Please don't flood the thread with loads of 'dodgy Russian money for BJ' posts. I know. I'm commenting on the threat and how to deal with it.

Thank-you.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:15 - Aug 27 with 1288 viewseireblue

If you are going to curtail free speech in your threads, not much point really.
Seems perfectly valid to discuss that the current government didn’t investigate Russian influence in a U.K. election, that same Party in government has been funded by Russian money, and you are an advocate of that party and government, so expecting the government to act against Russia in a way it hasn’t done in the last 10 years seems hopeful, and you want that part of the discussion cancelled.
As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:48 - Aug 27 with 1257 viewshampstead_blue

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:15 - Aug 27 by eireblue

If you are going to curtail free speech in your threads, not much point really.
Seems perfectly valid to discuss that the current government didn’t investigate Russian influence in a U.K. election, that same Party in government has been funded by Russian money, and you are an advocate of that party and government, so expecting the government to act against Russia in a way it hasn’t done in the last 10 years seems hopeful, and you want that part of the discussion cancelled.

I was trying to stop a barrage of abuse rather than stifle anything.

There was chat a while back about dodgy money.
I've no doubt both sides can be linked to dodgy money. It's something that we, at constituent level, have to accept we can do very little to influence.

Yes we can vote against it, but I vote for the party and not necessarily the leader.

I think the Russians are very good at some things. Social media being one, and networking another.
They are also incredibly good at the game of patience. If you read Gordon Carrera's book, Russian's Among Us, he explains in superb detail the lengths the KGB/FSB have gone to too infiltrate and influence.

I think they need to practice their poisoning a bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:54 - Aug 27 with 1242 viewsHerbivore

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:48 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

I've no doubt both sides can be linked to dodgy money. It's something that we, at constituent level, have to accept we can do very little to influence.

Yes we can vote against it, but I vote for the party and not necessarily the leader.

I think the Russians are very good at some things. Social media being one, and networking another.
They are also incredibly good at the game of patience. If you read Gordon Carrera's book, Russian's Among Us, he explains in superb detail the lengths the KGB/FSB have gone to too infiltrate and influence.

It's the Tory Party that accept loads of Russian money and have lots of powerful Russian friends rather than Johnson specifically. Admittedly though it did look like Johnson's decision to put the billionaire son of a former KGB agent in the House of Lords. This is the same government that turned a blind eye to likely Russian interference in the Brexit referendum and has refused categorically to look into it now. Still, that's the show you voted for so it's a bit rich to complain about the lack of action from the government now.

I see you're trying Trump's "both sides" defence. If you can show me evidence of the millions of pounds of contributions that Labour have received from Russian oligarchs then I'd be interested to see it and will happily condemn them. I think you will struggle to do so though. Labour don't tend to get massive individual donations from the super rich. The super rich prefer the Tories for some reason.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 09:13 - Aug 27 with 1208 viewsHerbivore

I see Marshall's Mullet is down voting facts now. Not a great look.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 09:56 - Aug 27 with 1175 viewsWeWereZombies

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:48 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

Personally, I would prefer it if they stopped practising their poisoning...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:09 - Aug 27 with 1158 viewspointofblue

I know it’s already been said but, to put it bluntly, you cannot say that Russia need to be more isolated whilst embracing a political party which embraces the cash donated to them but many of those who wield power in the country.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:18 - Aug 27 with 1148 viewsitfcjoe

But our Government is compliant and helping to turn London into the money laundering capital of the world.

You should read the Russia report, it's really interesting (and worrying)

These podcasts are a good listen about it

Tom Tugendhat (Tory) who is Chairman of Foreign Affairs committee, was a Lieutenant Colonel in the TA and in Iraq and Afghanistan so hopefully someone whose views ou'd be interested in
https://soundcloud.com/thepoliticalparty/show-173-tom-tugendhat-returns

Bill Browder who was Private Investment Fund manager and was big in Russia. He ended up appointing Sergei maginsky as his tax adviser to take on the Russian Govt who was subsequently murdered by them - and has led the implementation of the Maginsky act
https://soundcloud.com/thepoliticalparty/show-174-bill-browder

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 1139 viewsWeWereZombies

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:09 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

I know it’s already been said but, to put it bluntly, you cannot say that Russia need to be more isolated whilst embracing a political party which embraces the cash donated to them but many of those who wield power in the country.

I think it is also worth pointing out that it is a vacuous presumption that the largest state on Earth could be isolated, it is not just a question of the unprincipled use of finance (which is often practised by Russian opponents of Putin too) or manipulation of social media (which is also practised by fundamental Christians, fundamental Muslims, fundamental Hindus and probably fundamentalist Whigfield fans). Russia has an extensive sphere of influence, some of which is likely to be unwavering as an ally e.g. Serbia, Syria (whilst Assad remains in power at least), Algeria, Belarus, Kazakhstan and so on. And either the World's largest or the second largest stockpile of nuclear weapons...

Login to get fewer ads

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:57 - Aug 27 with 1092 viewshampstead_blue

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 10:18 - Aug 27 by itfcjoe

But our Government is compliant and helping to turn London into the money laundering capital of the world.

You should read the Russia report, it's really interesting (and worrying)

These podcasts are a good listen about it

Tom Tugendhat (Tory) who is Chairman of Foreign Affairs committee, was a Lieutenant Colonel in the TA and in Iraq and Afghanistan so hopefully someone whose views ou'd be interested in
https://soundcloud.com/thepoliticalparty/show-173-tom-tugendhat-returns

Bill Browder who was Private Investment Fund manager and was big in Russia. He ended up appointing Sergei maginsky as his tax adviser to take on the Russian Govt who was subsequently murdered by them - and has led the implementation of the Maginsky act
https://soundcloud.com/thepoliticalparty/show-174-bill-browder

Thanks. I will.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:00 - Aug 27 with 1089 viewshampstead_blue

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 08:54 - Aug 27 by Herbivore

It's the Tory Party that accept loads of Russian money and have lots of powerful Russian friends rather than Johnson specifically. Admittedly though it did look like Johnson's decision to put the billionaire son of a former KGB agent in the House of Lords. This is the same government that turned a blind eye to likely Russian interference in the Brexit referendum and has refused categorically to look into it now. Still, that's the show you voted for so it's a bit rich to complain about the lack of action from the government now.

I see you're trying Trump's "both sides" defence. If you can show me evidence of the millions of pounds of contributions that Labour have received from Russian oligarchs then I'd be interested to see it and will happily condemn them. I think you will struggle to do so though. Labour don't tend to get massive individual donations from the super rich. The super rich prefer the Tories for some reason.

It is well documented that Russia supported Labour with cash and other means over the past years.

Top of my head I can't give you references but they are there.
Gordon Carrera offers a load in his book.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:22 - Aug 27 with 1065 viewsHerbivore

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:00 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

It is well documented that Russia supported Labour with cash and other means over the past years.

We're talking about the current state of play. It is well known that the Tory Party has had significant donations made to it by wealthy Russian oligarchs. Can you provide any evidence of similar donations being made to Labour? I don't think you can, so you should probably retract your "both sides" argument.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:31 - Aug 27 with 1043 viewsGlasgowBlue

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:00 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

As somebody who has some small knowledge of the Tory party I can say without doubt that there has been quite a few dodgy donations from former Russian citizens.

I've never seen it suggested that the modern Labour party has ever received any such donation.

Maybe a many decades ago the Soviet Union tried to influence the Labour party, but that was pretty much over after the crushing of the Hungarian and Czechoslovakian uprisings in 1956 and 1968.

But there is only one party in modern times embroiled in dodgy donations and it isn't Labour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:50 - Aug 27 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:31 - Aug 27 by GlasgowBlue

As somebody who has some small knowledge of the Tory party I can say without doubt that there has been quite a few dodgy donations from former Russian citizens.

I've never seen it suggested that the modern Labour party has ever received any such donation.

Maybe a many decades ago the Soviet Union tried to influence the Labour party, but that was pretty much over after the crushing of the Hungarian and Czechoslovakian uprisings in 1956 and 1968.

But there is only one party in modern times embroiled in dodgy donations and it isn't Labour.

Fair play for that.

Not sure where Hampstead has got that from. As you say, it only makes sense if you think back to a completely different era. Labour is certainly to the right of that but most importantly Putin et al are waaaay to the right of 50s and 60s Communism.

Pronouns: He/Him

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 12:25 - Aug 27 with 979 viewsWeWereZombies

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:50 - Aug 27 by Darth_Koont

Fair play for that.

Not sure where Hampstead has got that from. As you say, it only makes sense if you think back to a completely different era. Labour is certainly to the right of that but most importantly Putin et al are waaaay to the right of 50s and 60s Communism.

And Russian communism has been fully to the right of the political spectrum in authoritarian terms since about 1929...

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 12:41 - Aug 27 with 956 viewshampstead_blue

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 11:22 - Aug 27 by Herbivore

We're talking about the current state of play. It is well known that the Tory Party has had significant donations made to it by wealthy Russian oligarchs. Can you provide any evidence of similar donations being made to Labour? I don't think you can, so you should probably retract your "both sides" argument.

I have no evidence of course I don't. Labour refused to allow me a peek at their bank statements!

I'm merely offering GC's book and the links he gave. Many of said links are old but JC and another (can't recall off the top of my head) have taken donations.

The scale of the Tory funding, well that's much larger I am sure. You can't deny that, nor am I going to defend any questionable acceptance of donations.

However, by slapping the word 'dodgy' in front of EVERY Ruskie name on the donor list would make one look rather keen to throw mud.

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 13:39 - Aug 27 with 907 viewsHerbivore

As aggressive as they are, they do make a hash of things on 12:41 - Aug 27 by hampstead_blue

I have no evidence of course I don't. Labour refused to allow me a peek at their bank statements!

I'm merely offering GC's book and the links he gave. Many of said links are old but JC and another (can't recall off the top of my head) have taken donations.

The scale of the Tory funding, well that's much larger I am sure. You can't deny that, nor am I going to defend any questionable acceptance of donations.

However, by slapping the word 'dodgy' in front of EVERY Ruskie name on the donor list would make one look rather keen to throw mud.

You don't need to peek at their bank statements, any large donations have to be declared. That's how I know that the Tories have a number of large financial backers from Russia and Labour don't. You can look all this up very easily.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024