Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England 09:54 - Aug 27 with 1237 viewsDecageBruce

Apologies is already posted, and being late in posting, but was listening to TalkSport last week and apparently Dyer stated that he would rather win the Prem with Ipswich than the WC with England but would rather Wc with England than Prem with Newcastle.

Proper home town boy who appears to want to get into management. I knew him as a youngster and must admit I though he was a tool but with his book and recent interviews I think he has genuine potential and in League 1 would this be this best time to give him a chance?
Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 09:57 - Aug 27 with 1225 viewsclive_baker

I really like Kieron and respect everything he's done for the club, however I am minded to think we need an experienced head post Lambert. People may laugh given he's 70 but I genuinely would see if Joe Royle fancied it for 12 months, perhaps with Kieron under his wing as assistant. JR really is a phenomenal man manager, and I think our squad / personnel would lend itself to his attacking style of football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:34 - Aug 27 with 1133 viewsDecageBruce

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 09:57 - Aug 27 by clive_baker

I really like Kieron and respect everything he's done for the club, however I am minded to think we need an experienced head post Lambert. People may laugh given he's 70 but I genuinely would see if Joe Royle fancied it for 12 months, perhaps with Kieron under his wing as assistant. JR really is a phenomenal man manager, and I think our squad / personnel would lend itself to his attacking style of football.

I agree in that I would feel more comfortable with KD having an older/experienced person around to support but unsure whether that needs to be a manager (with KD as assistant) or DoF/Tech Director (with KD as manager).

Knowing ME's history though we'd probably end up with Joe Kinnear! At least he 'can pick the phone up and speak to any manager in the league' and we might get Yohan Kebab in for a season before he retires
Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:37 - Aug 27 with 1126 viewsSwailsey

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:34 - Aug 27 by DecageBruce

I agree in that I would feel more comfortable with KD having an older/experienced person around to support but unsure whether that needs to be a manager (with KD as assistant) or DoF/Tech Director (with KD as manager).

Knowing ME's history though we'd probably end up with Joe Kinnear! At least he 'can pick the phone up and speak to any manager in the league' and we might get Yohan Kebab in for a season before he retires

Genuinely would rather Kinnear that Lambert.

List of things I like more than Lambert:

Roy Keane
Paul Jewell
Joe Kinnear
My ex girlfriend
Ben Thatcher
A stubbed toe
Hangnails
Papercuts
Running out of toilet paper
Dying for the 50th time on Crash Bandicoot
Diet coke

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:40 - Aug 27 with 1112 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:34 - Aug 27 by DecageBruce

Kieron Dyer is 42 in a couple of months. I am not sure that he needs to be guided.

There are plenty of coaches that have successfully made their way into the game at a younger age.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:45 - Aug 27 with 1097 viewsBloomBlue

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:40 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer is 42 in a couple of months. I am not sure that he needs to be guided.

There are plenty of coaches that have successfully made their way into the game at a younger age.

Funny because the age thing hit me the other week when people kept going on about getting in Keiron as young manager and then I realised Eddie Howe is only one year older than Keiron and look at what he has achieved already as a Manager
Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:49 - Aug 27 with 1092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:45 - Aug 27 by BloomBlue

Funny because the age thing hit me the other week when people kept going on about getting in Keiron as young manager and then I realised Eddie Howe is only one year older than Keiron and look at what he has achieved already as a Manager

Yep, like all first time managers, he would be inexperienced, but hes a middle aged man, not a kid.

Gerrard, Lampard, Parker and Bowyer were all younger when they got their chances at bigger (excluding Charlton) clubs.

Alex Neil is also younger than Dyer.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 10:58]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:58 - Aug 27 with 1050 viewsSwailsey

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:37 - Aug 27 by Swailsey

Genuinely would rather Kinnear that Lambert.

List of things I like more than Lambert:

Roy Keane
Paul Jewell
Joe Kinnear
My ex girlfriend
Ben Thatcher
A stubbed toe
Hangnails
Papercuts
Running out of toilet paper
Dying for the 50th time on Crash Bandicoot
Diet coke

Quorn
Girls Aloud
Trance
Damp
Tree sap on a windshield

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 11:01 - Aug 27 with 1036 viewsDecageBruce

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 10:40 - Aug 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Very valid point, I always see him as younger than that.

Maybe I am looking at it more to give him a bit of support should it not all go to plan, i.e. someone else we can blame rather than one of our own :)
Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 11:04 - Aug 27 with 1026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 11:01 - Aug 27 by DecageBruce

Very valid point, I always see him as younger than that.

Maybe I am looking at it more to give him a bit of support should it not all go to plan, i.e. someone else we can blame rather than one of our own :)

Any manager taking on the job should be prepared to take responsibility for their actions.

I would advocate a decent DoF to deal with transfers etc.

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 11:51 - Aug 27 with 919 viewsBluearmy71

A lot of supporters have high expectations, the added pressure of that expectancy on a home grown player even more so a world class player like KD becoming our manager would be stupidly imminence so it may not be a bad idea to have an older head around for a year or two!

Not saying KD isn't capable but its better to be safe than sorry!

I said last season I would love KD to be our manager and if PL does leave or is sacked then KD would be my first choice to take over!
Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 12:02 - Aug 27 with 898 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer - Rather Win Prem with Ipswich than WC with England on 11:51 - Aug 27 by Bluearmy71

A lot of supporters have high expectations, the added pressure of that expectancy on a home grown player even more so a world class player like KD becoming our manager would be stupidly imminence so it may not be a bad idea to have an older head around for a year or two!

Not saying KD isn't capable but its better to be safe than sorry!

I said last season I would love KD to be our manager and if PL does leave or is sacked then KD would be my first choice to take over!

I agree that expectation would be high, but as we saw with Lampard at Chelsea, he actually got an easier ride due to being a club legend.

If you put yourself forward as a manager, you have to be prepared to deal with unrealistic expectations from fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024