Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo 08:53 - Aug 28 with 1420 viewsMullet

Not sure if this angle is entirely fair, but it doesn't help Watson adds the Hurst stuff in does it? As if we need reminding of just how badly the mini Messiah got it wrong eh?

If there was no communication and a sense of "off you pop" lads that is really poor, that's a basic lack of respect. You can't ask these lads to be professionals and treat them like the bad old days

Still I'm sure everything is fine behind the scenes at ITFC.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo on 08:58 - Aug 28 with 1365 viewsKeno

Re your last sentence "Still I'm sure everything is fine behind the scenes at ITFC" of course it is, Dolly has a mate who is close the club and says so

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Obviously everyone knows my thoughts on Shambert..... on 09:08 - Aug 28 with 1275 viewsBloots

.....but it's not just based on his appalling record on the pitch nor his pathetic attempts at currying favour with the fans.

There are far more similarities between how he works and how Hurst worked than many people realise, or are prepared to accept.

His approach to the players, both senior and "junior" isn't going to get us out of this league.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 1268 viewsTractorWood

Willing to be shot down here but I think our squad is dross. A mish mash of experienced players who were mid table championship players 5 years ago, some promising youngsters who've delivered nothing or are too early to tell and just some league one players.

To me also massive questions over the manager after the collapse last season.

I think top half would be about right, all things considered.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Obviously everyone knows my thoughts on Shambert..... on 09:16 - Aug 28 with 1226 viewsMullet

Obviously everyone knows my thoughts on Shambert..... on 09:08 - Aug 28 by Bloots

.....but it's not just based on his appalling record on the pitch nor his pathetic attempts at currying favour with the fans.

There are far more similarities between how he works and how Hurst worked than many people realise, or are prepared to accept.

His approach to the players, both senior and "junior" isn't going to get us out of this league.

Yeah I see Joe has already got this so apologies to him.

But the stuff about Hurst worries anyone who saw through him too doesn't it? Part of me feels like we are simply too strong to fail and the players will will us up, but that simply isn't likely is it or probably true is it? Doesn't matter how good you are relatively speaking, with no motivation or happiness you're not winning much.

Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo on 09:25 - Aug 28 with 1167 viewsMullet

Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo on 09:09 - Aug 28 by TractorWood

Willing to be shot down here but I think our squad is dross. A mish mash of experienced players who were mid table championship players 5 years ago, some promising youngsters who've delivered nothing or are too early to tell and just some league one players.

To me also massive questions over the manager after the collapse last season.

I think top half would be about right, all things considered.

I think from the manner of the relegation (although I stil lthink he had time and money enough to save us) to the collpase last season there are massive questions aren't there? It's simply unthinkable that he can get away with it.

The thing is as much as people hate Skuse and Chambers (and to a lesser extent Huws et al.) becuase they are constant reminders of Mick and how wrong they were etc. they are good enough for this league easily and in the case of Huws should really be in the Championship.

They are kind of stained with the failure Evans allowed to engulf the club when he just left Hurst to it and their reputations have never recovered. Likewise Toto, Nolan, Edwards, Donacien have either never performed or been given a run in the right position to do so.

You'd think at this level they'd all be producing weekly - that says a lot about Lambert more than just the quality. He can't balance the squad even after the windows he said to start judging him by.

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1095 viewsBloots

Obviously everyone knows my thoughts on Shambert..... on 09:16 - Aug 28 by Mullet

Yeah I see Joe has already got this so apologies to him.

But the stuff about Hurst worries anyone who saw through him too doesn't it? Part of me feels like we are simply too strong to fail and the players will will us up, but that simply isn't likely is it or probably true is it? Doesn't matter how good you are relatively speaking, with no motivation or happiness you're not winning much.

....the relative success that we had under Mick was because he trusted the players.

He let the senior pros lead the team, he gave them that responsibility.

The kids that played (and there were plenty of them despite the ridiculous narrative fans have created) then felt part of a true team that they could express themselves in.

It was the best way to get anything out of what was a cheap and reasonably limited squad.

Hurst and now Lambert have ripped that model apart for no reason other than to massage their pathetic egos.

And just think, the numbskulls called Mick "arrogant".........

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1049 viewsTractorWood

Lambert "snubbing" 5 youngsters for the team photo on 09:25 - Aug 28 by Mullet

I think from the manner of the relegation (although I stil lthink he had time and money enough to save us) to the collpase last season there are massive questions aren't there? It's simply unthinkable that he can get away with it.

The thing is as much as people hate Skuse and Chambers (and to a lesser extent Huws et al.) becuase they are constant reminders of Mick and how wrong they were etc. they are good enough for this league easily and in the case of Huws should really be in the Championship.

They are kind of stained with the failure Evans allowed to engulf the club when he just left Hurst to it and their reputations have never recovered. Likewise Toto, Nolan, Edwards, Donacien have either never performed or been given a run in the right position to do so.

You'd think at this level they'd all be producing weekly - that says a lot about Lambert more than just the quality. He can't balance the squad even after the windows he said to start judging him by.

Huws didn't look right last season. I remember that player and goal against Newcastle at home and think it can't be the same person. He looked slow and unfit last season in a few appearances.

I just think Lambert is one of those merry go round managers who is good at managing the press and looking vaguely in control but is actually totally out of his depth managing a club.

Chambers and Skuse were great servants and should be controlling this league which happened occasionally last season. However, more often than not, they looked like they were at their standard. Chambers against any type of pace or trying to play with his feet is a death wish. Skuse would now be well suited to a lower division Spanish or Italian side where football is played at a cultured walking pace. For the majority of players there is little elegance in playing towards your mid 30s, however it is rationalised.

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 1030 viewsTractorWood

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:35 - Aug 28 by Bloots

....the relative success that we had under Mick was because he trusted the players.

The kids that played (and there were plenty of them despite the ridiculous narrative fans have created) then felt part of a true team that they could express themselves in.

It was the best way to get anything out of what was a cheap and reasonably limited squad.

Hurst and now Lambert have ripped that model apart for no reason other than to massage their pathetic egos.

I liked Mick for the reasons you mentioned. He fostered a close knit, siege mentality and got the best out of everyone. However, he's not been around for a decent few years now. We need to move on.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 9:40]

Login to get fewer ads

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:43 - Aug 28 with 1001 viewsMullet

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:35 - Aug 28 by Bloots

Well yes, the arrogance of "we want Celina" when he comes on and scores and fans take credit for it was peak "numbskullery" and you're spot on. He essentially ran the club and used his players perfectly to do so, how people were blind to that God only knows.

But the fact it continued with the worship of both frauds since to silence or chuntering about everything else is telling.

If you add up everything we've lost, it's the little things that hurt us most. The identity, the togetherness, the sense of being able to drag teams into the deep waters and drown them when we needed to. How many sides in Div 3 look at us and think we have no b0llocks?

Lambert on 09:48 - Aug 28 with 959 viewsMullet

Lambert on 09:38 - Aug 28 by TractorWood

Huws didn't look right last season. I remember that player and goal against Newcastle at home and think it can't be the same person. He looked slow and unfit last season in a few appearances.

I just think Lambert is one of those merry go round managers who is good at managing the press and looking vaguely in control but is actually totally out of his depth managing a club.

Chambers and Skuse were great servants and should be controlling this league which happened occasionally last season. However, more often than not, they looked like they were at their standard. Chambers against any type of pace or trying to play with his feet is a death wish. Skuse would now be well suited to a lower division Spanish or Italian side where football is played at a cultured walking pace. For the majority of players there is little elegance in playing towards your mid 30s, however it is rationalised.

But the big taboo is that people don't want to slate Woolfenden or even KVY at all defensively. Likewise he then had kamikaze Edwards outside of him and whichever keeper had won the lottery that week behind him.

This was going on on twitter yesterday and it just baffles me people don't understand that defences cost goals, not just defenders. If you look at how many individual clangers were made and how many times Chambers got the blame because he was the only defender trying to get back and stop something, or fans ignore the ball passing through 3 or 4 others before and after his involvement it's clear that there is a big element of targeting him.

The reality is Lambert never formed a settled unit anywhere and it costs you. Look at Lincoln away or Wycombe for different examples of how we conceded unnecessarily because we had no sense of integration between the thirds.

There does seem to be a pattern that really talented technical players like Dozzell, Keane, Huws etc do badly under Lambert and he favours Nolan who will just go and go but ultimately go nowhere.

We have moved on..... on 09:48 - Aug 28 with 947 viewsBloots

I know I shouldn't bang on about him, it upsets people, but..... on 09:40 - Aug 28 by TractorWood

I liked Mick for the reasons you mentioned. He fostered a close knit, siege mentality and got the best out of everyone. However, he's not been around for a decent few years now. We need to move on.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 9:40]

....but that doesn't mean that we can't use him as an example of how a manager should be managing.

And quite frankly if he came back now, we would get promoted this season.

It's simplistic, but true.

We have moved on..... on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 828 viewsMullet

We have moved on..... on 09:48 - Aug 28 by Bloots

....but that doesn't mean that we can't use him as an example of how a manager should be managing.

And quite frankly if he came back now, we would get promoted this season.

It's simplistic, but true.

I guess when people stop bringing up Sir Bob and the Ipswich way.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024