Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular 09:41 - Aug 28 with 3569 viewsJakeITFC

amongst our fanbase?

You'd have thought he'd be looking to make moves to curry a bit of favour rather than souring relations further.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 09:44 - Aug 28 with 2805 viewsFixed_It

Maybe put the youngsters in the team photo for good PR? I thought it was common knowledge that he doesn't do PR stunts...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 09:49 - Aug 28 with 2762 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 09:44 - Aug 28 by Fixed_It

Maybe put the youngsters in the team photo for good PR? I thought it was common knowledge that he doesn't do PR stunts...

If he's not even a good PR man anymore than he has nothing to his game. Literally nothing. The last vestige of him as a manager has been stripped away.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 09:53 - Aug 28 with 2744 viewsRadlett_blue

He's an experienced football manager & he will know that managers whose teams don't win enough games quickly become unpopular with the fans.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 09:59 - Aug 28 with 2731 viewsIpswichKnight

Think Stuart Watson was saying that most of the Town Social media team were furloughed until recently, suspect PRPL doesn't do social media so is probably not that aware that most of us now think he's a total fraud.

Only way to salvage it is to win...win a lot of games.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:05 - Aug 28 with 2639 viewsWickets

Yes he knows how fans are feeling without a shadow of doubt . Add to that his recent record at a number of clubs does not inspire confidence . He is now under real pressure as if he does not turn it round here what will his next step be ?
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:57 - Aug 28 with 2582 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe he'll ignore the fans, I really wish MM had
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 14:35 - Aug 28 with 2489 viewsbobbyramsey

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:05 - Aug 28 by Wickets

Yes he knows how fans are feeling without a shadow of doubt . Add to that his recent record at a number of clubs does not inspire confidence . He is now under real pressure as if he does not turn it round here what will his next step be ?

Retirement with a very hefty package?

I bet he can't wait to get the bullet......

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 14:37]
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 15:19 - Aug 28 with 2419 viewsParsley

I'm sure he's aware of it. Fans not being allowed in stadiums might give him more of a chance to turn things around than he would get if people started getting on his back during a game.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 15:25 - Aug 28 with 2402 viewshadleighboyblue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 15:19 - Aug 28 by Parsley

I'm sure he's aware of it. Fans not being allowed in stadiums might give him more of a chance to turn things around than he would get if people started getting on his back during a game.

The fans have sussed him and it's a fair bet the players have too , might explain their lack of fight last season .

Changes have to happen to turn things round quick
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:02 - Aug 28 with 2276 viewslondontractorboy57

love it the keyboard warriors of twtd sending another manager to the gallows or mad house
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:04 - Aug 28 with 2268 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Free pie and a pint for all the fans in the stadium first game of the season?
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:17 - Aug 28 with 2225 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:02 - Aug 28 by londontractorboy57

love it the keyboard warriors of twtd sending another manager to the gallows or mad house

Madness isn’t it? Especially after all his successes since he’s been here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:32 - Aug 29 with 2028 viewsoldburian

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:17 - Aug 28 by Swansea_Blue

Madness isn’t it? Especially after all his successes since he’s been here.

Someone I am very friendly with, and has many contacts both at PR and football in general, has told me that Mr Lambert is not held in high regard by the Blackburn hierarchy.

Straight from a certain horses mouth.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 2007 viewsJakeITFC

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 20:02 - Aug 28 by londontractorboy57

I offered no opinion on his competence.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:48 - Aug 29 with 1972 viewssouthnorfolkblue

He isn’t popular if you read social media, but that can give a distorted view of things. Beware the views of the silent majority!

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:52 - Aug 29 with 1955 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:48 - Aug 29 by southnorfolkblue

He isn’t popular if you read social media, but that can give a distorted view of things. Beware the views of the silent majority!

Do you genuinely think there's a silent majority still behind him? The last few home games at PR before Covid hit were reminiscent of the last days of Mick.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:56 - Aug 29 with 1941 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:52 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Do you genuinely think there's a silent majority still behind him? The last few home games at PR before Covid hit were reminiscent of the last days of Mick.

I think that there are more people who are prepared to give him more time than you might think

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:57 - Aug 29 with 1941 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:48 - Aug 29 by southnorfolkblue

I really don't see how this helps anybody at the moment. He is our manager for the foreseeable future, so might as well back him. Doesn't help the players for bad feeling in the ground. I will back him for the first 10 games of the new season and see how things are going. He ain't going anywhere any time soon.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:59 - Aug 29 with 1931 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:56 - Aug 29 by southnorfolkblue

I think that there are more people who are prepared to give him more time than you might think

I'd have to disagree with that, based on how things were at the end of last season and based on the fact nothing has really changed. Some people might be prepared to be less vocal about wanting him out but it's a minority that are still genuinely backing him.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 1925 viewstrueblue1970

Is he actually that unpopular, he seems to be on here with maybe 15 posters? Maybe a few more

I wouldn’t be upset if he went but happy to see how it goes, again not impressed with recent event with younger players but we don’t actually know the truth of what been said

Even when people were moaning about him before the north stand still sung his name “Paul Lambert is a blue”
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:05 - Aug 29 with 1925 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:59 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

I'd have to disagree with that, based on how things were at the end of last season and based on the fact nothing has really changed. Some people might be prepared to be less vocal about wanting him out but it's a minority that are still genuinely backing him.

I think your average football support goes into every new season with hope and back the players and staff. I think a slim majority will back him for the first 10 games at least.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 1909 viewsHerbivore

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:05 - Aug 29 by IpswichBoyBlue

I think your average football support goes into every new season with hope and back the players and staff. I think a slim majority will back him for the first 10 games at least.

I think if you were to do a poll now and ask the question should Paul Lambert be replaced as Ipswich manager then the majority would say yes to that. I think the question of whether people will be vocal about wanting him out is rather moot as there's not going to be any fans at PR for the first few games at least, possibly longer.

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:09 - Aug 29 with 1902 viewsWD19

Frankly I feel like he is trying to get himself sacked so he can end the pain ASAP with the largest payoff possible.

All the worst attributes of Keane, Jewell, Mick and Hurst rolled into one.
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 1893 viewsWD19

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 11:56 - Aug 29 by southnorfolkblue

2? 3?
Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:13 - Aug 29 with 1883 viewsChrisd

Do you think Lambert knows he isn't popular on 12:08 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

I think if you were to do a poll now and ask the question should Paul Lambert be replaced as Ipswich manager then the majority would say yes to that. I think the question of whether people will be vocal about wanting him out is rather moot as there's not going to be any fans at PR for the first few games at least, possibly longer.

This is his best chance for him to turn this around without any support at the grounds and he's not under that intense scrutiny, apart from social media which can be ignored or avoided. I'm prepared to give him the first 10 games, although I'm not his biggest fan, I'm intrigued to see if he's learnt from last season.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 12:16]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024