Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace have just signed a midfielder 10:24 - Aug 28 with 1155 viewsMullet

Eze from QPR. Liked him from his time at Wycombe and it's good to see he might get a chance to play at the top level.

Probably has little bearing on whether they sign Downes or not, as thye might well be targetting young English based talent.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:03 - Aug 28 with 1066 viewsdavblue

Yeah that's very much the noise coming out of Palace as they have an ageing team.

I think that's a good move for him, although Hodgson isn't an expansive manager in playing style, they are well set up and a stable club under him and they should do ok with the right additions this summer.

That being said, they struggled badly after the restart.
Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:10 - Aug 28 with 1056 viewsBloomBlue

Also isn't Eze a forward whereas Downes is a midfielder? But if QPR can get £19m for Eze we should be looking for £9-£10m minimum for Downes
Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:12 - Aug 28 with 1045 viewstractordownsouth

Eze is an attacking midfielder so I doubt it will have much effect on whether or not they still want Downes. Good signing for Palace though

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 966 viewsbrazil1982

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:10 - Aug 28 by BloomBlue

Also isn't Eze a forward whereas Downes is a midfielder? But if QPR can get £19m for Eze we should be looking for £9-£10m minimum for Downes

I agree - he'll go for £2m will lots of add-ons.
Palace have just signed a midfielder on 12:49 - Aug 28 with 921 viewstractorboy2000

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:10 - Aug 28 by BloomBlue

If you're expecting £10M for Downes then I fear you may be extremely disappointed if we do sell him this window.

Eze and Downes really aren't comparable in terms of value given Eze is coming off of a 14 goal + 8 assist Championship season whereas Downes has had a very good season as a box-to-box midfielder in the division below, the drop off in value between the two leagues is quite dramatic before you consider the inflated price paid for attackers.

Looking at what Toney is going to Brentford for, £6.5M potentially rising to £10M, we're not going to command a higher fee for Downes than the top scorer and arguably best player in the league last year who is also at an age where he has some resale value.

Ultimately our best bet is trying to hang on to Downes for this season and get promoted because then we are not only selling as a Championship club but we can also hopefully reinvest the fee back into the squad, something we'll struggle to do at the moment with the salary cap restrictions but I guess time will tell.

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 12:52 - Aug 28 with 902 viewsMullet

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 11:03 - Aug 28 by davblue

Yeah that's very much the noise coming out of Palace as they have an ageing team.

I think that's a good move for him, although Hodgson isn't an expansive manager in playing style, they are well set up and a stable club under him and they should do ok with the right additions this summer.

That being said, they struggled badly after the restart.

They seemed to be in disarray when we played them in the cup a few years ago and our kids gave them a run. I guess they are just another Prem club merely existing. What Stoke were until the decline.

Unless they gamble on these sorts of moves and reinvent themselves they are just awaiting slipping under eventually aren't they in the perfect storm of strong yo yo teams coming up all at once and some sort of squad problem setting them back.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 837 viewsParisBlue

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 12:52 - Aug 28 by Mullet

They seemed to be in disarray when we played them in the cup a few years ago and our kids gave them a run. I guess they are just another Prem club merely existing. What Stoke were until the decline.

Unless they gamble on these sorts of moves and reinvent themselves they are just awaiting slipping under eventually aren't they in the perfect storm of strong yo yo teams coming up all at once and some sort of squad problem setting them back.

Does Zaha still want away? The stats when he plays as opposed to when he doesn't are extreme.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 13:56 - Aug 28 with 790 viewsITFC_Forever

Loft For Words rave about him and have written a glowing report on him....

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52792/the-end-of-t

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 778 viewsdavblue

Palace have just signed a midfielder on 12:52 - Aug 28 by Mullet

You could argue all teams in the bottom half of the premier league are a bad appointment away from relegation..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024