Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do 15:22 - Aug 28 with 3863 viewsMullet

I've really got into these lot during lockdown. The lead singer looks like Alan Carr and sings like Otis Redding.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:23 - Aug 28 with 2617 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:24 - Aug 28 with 2615 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:34 - Aug 28 with 2593 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:36 - Aug 28 with 2589 viewsMullet

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:34 - Aug 28 by Pendejo

There's an excellent podcast on that Pat Boone album.

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/38-in-a-metal-mood

Had no real idea who he was then looked it up. Amazing stuff!

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 2577 viewsurbanblue

Okay, I wouldn't say it shouldn't work but I recently discovered this clip of Morrissey and Bowie covering Marc Bolan in a duet and it's a gem.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 15:41]
Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:47 - Aug 28 with 2566 viewsSteve_M

Not sure you can sing Sixto Peralta to this version though.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 15:56]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 2546 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Love this cover.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 2533 viewsvapour_trail

Not sure about that cover of Lucky, mullet

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 2517 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 2518 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 2513 viewsMatt_Netherlands

If ever there was an excuse for some Friday afternoon Placebo...

They actually have a full album of covers - some better than others mind.
This is far, far better than the original on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 2513 viewsfactual_blue

But that wouldn't be difficult

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:33 - Aug 28 with 2505 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 2486 viewsEJP

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:43 - Aug 28 with 2469 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:54 - Aug 28 with 2452 viewsgtsb1966

[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 16:56]
Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 2419 viewsMullet

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:03 - Aug 28 by vapour_trail

Not sure about that cover of Lucky, mullet

Give their tiny desk a go

They went a bit disco by album 3 or so but it's still good, then seem to have reverted to a more soulful sound.

There's a brilliant Otis cover in front of Notre Dame worth a listen too. Found it
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 18:04]

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 17:58 - Aug 28 with 2420 viewsMullet

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:26 - Aug 28 by Matt_Netherlands

If ever there was an excuse for some Friday afternoon Placebo...

They actually have a full album of covers - some better than others mind.

I loved them back in the day but their cover of Bigmouth and the Kate Bush one they did were not for me.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:00 - Aug 28 with 2421 viewsFunge

I posted this the other week on a Fall thread, but it's incredible, so I'm going again.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:01 - Aug 28 with 2416 viewsMullet

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:00 - Aug 28 by Funge

I posted this the other week on a Fall thread, but it's incredible, so I'm going again.

I'll let your musical sloppies pass mate. Hope you're well.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:03 - Aug 28 with 2414 viewsFunge

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:01 - Aug 28 by Mullet

I'll let your musical sloppies pass mate. Hope you're well.

All good here, my friend, hope you are too.

Love this cover too.

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:46 - Aug 28 with 2397 viewsMullet

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 18:03 - Aug 28 by Funge

All good here, my friend, hope you are too.

Love this cover too.

My favourite Metallica album is Garage Inc. Not even sorry about that.

Bit wobbly here mate, back to work next week in a brave new world of COVID so that should be kill or cure innit

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 19:09 - Aug 28 with 2381 viewsLofotBlue

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 19:10 - Aug 28 with 2380 viewsbluefunk

Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 16:39 - Aug 28 by EJP

Love that Scary Pockets track
Friday Music Thread: Covers that shouldn't work but do on 19:22 - Aug 28 with 2370 viewsGuthrum

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024