Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fact that 13:34 - Aug 29 with 695 viewsgordon

Huws, Nolan, Judge and McGavin are all starting in the same 11 (regardless of whether it's a friendly or not) suggests that Lambert hasn't really learnt what went wrong in a lot of our games last season.

Whether or not you think those players have got enough quality or not, playing four midfielders who want to get their foot on their ball in comfortable positions, but don't like running forward (with or without the ball) results in an imbalanced team, poor options for those players when they do look up, and makes it really difficult to retain posession and control the game.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 13:35]
The fact that on 15:26 - Aug 29 with 528 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The fact that on 15:33 - Aug 29 with 492 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huws and Nolan should be being told to run at players and support the front players.

McGavin ought to be deeper.

Those 4 do not look to work together. I would not expect them to play together in the league at all.

Next week I would expect our first choice midfield. That must include Downes (and if he is not available for any reason Skuse) and one of Dozzell, Bishop or Huws. The main thing is to have a lot more attacking intent instead of keeping possession that appeared to be the priority far too often last season.

Having forwards of Norwood, Sears and Jackson's experience and quality will also help.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The fact that on 15:38 - Aug 29 with 470 viewsRadlett_blue

The fact that on 15:33 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Huws and Nolan should be being told to run at players and support the front players.

McGavin ought to be deeper.

Those 4 do not look to work together. I would not expect them to play together in the league at all.

Next week I would expect our first choice midfield. That must include Downes (and if he is not available for any reason Skuse) and one of Dozzell, Bishop or Huws. The main thing is to have a lot more attacking intent instead of keeping possession that appeared to be the priority far too often last season.

Having forwards of Norwood, Sears and Jackson's experience and quality will also help.

As someone else posted, these games still seem to be about giving most of our 42 man squad some game time. Bringing on a keeper for 15 minutes is plain silly.
Keeping this army match fit will be near impossible without huge rotation. I fear this season is going to be a re-run of the last.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The fact that on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 419 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The fact that on 15:38 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

As someone else posted, these games still seem to be about giving most of our 42 man squad some game time. Bringing on a keeper for 15 minutes is plain silly.
Keeping this army match fit will be near impossible without huge rotation. I fear this season is going to be a re-run of the last.

So what is the answer?

There is going to have to be a certain amount of rotation due to 2 games a week most weeks.

My suggestion is a nucleus of Holy, Ward, KVY, Downes, Edwards (wide), Norwood play virtually every game and are only rested for absolute necessity. Partnerships need to be formed and used as much as possible e.g. if Sears works with Hawkins and Jackson with Norwood, we utilise those combinations as much as we can instead of mixing and matching. To keep fitness, players should be given reserve matches and cup games. These should be played to the same system and players in their regular positions.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024